I managed to talk myself out of a panic attack :). - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I managed to talk myself out of a panic attack :).

I was feeling a little depressed earlier so I was taking a nap. Maybe that's why I take naps sometimes... sometimes it's just to get away.

I was feeling down about one of my friends who hasn't messaged me in the last three days. We had a conversation, and one of our friends blocked me then unblocked me on FB (since I was contacting her too frequently) but we're on good terms. I thought that she didn't get it, but I looked at the messages and she said its fine at the end of our conversation the last time.

I actually managed to talk myself out of thinking the worst case scenario for once!!

Even though I have quite a bit of friends, sometimes, when these things happen, I get really down about it. But I've realized sometimes people may just need a bit of space, but I'm sure she'll come back to me. If I message her too much than she won't. But, this is progress for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 03:52 PM
SAS Member

That's great!

I've had those sorts of feelings with my friends before too, so I know what it feels like. It's awesome that you were able to talk yourself out of it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 04:01 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti depressant View Post
I actually managed to talk myself out of thinking the worst case scenario for once!!
Nice job!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Yup. I feel like I've made a breakthrough. I know she isn't mad at me but she needs a little bit of space. That being said, talking myself out of a panic attack was one of the best things I've done. I have a lot going for myself, and it's allowed me to focus on those things. That way when she is ready to come back to me I'll be ready to talk to her.

I don't want to be one of those guys that doesn't give anyone else any space... and creep them out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page