I beat social anxiety - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Smile

I beat social anxiety

My teenage years were a struggle to say the least. I always tried to fit in and be accepted by my so-called friends. I was so scared of girls that I almost started shaking as I talked to them. I got to the point where my palms were sweaty almost all day. Anyway, as a young adult I've managed to overcome my anxiety and I've started a blog to discuss my difficulties with depression and how I have changed my life around. Check out my article on social anxiety: http://www.heartbeforemind.com/wp-ad...23&action=edit . Let me know what you guys think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:46 AM
SAS Member

I would love to read your article, but it seems registration is required, could you post it somewhere public?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Sorry about that, wrong link. Here it is http://www.heartbeforemind.com/the-c...ocial-anxiety/

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:54 PM
SAS Member

If you beat social anxiety, can you explain how you did this? What steps did you take? Did meds cure it? Did therapy cure it? What would you say are the most key things you need to do in order to overcome social anxiety?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:59 PM
LEFT SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbeforemind View Post
My teenage years were a struggle to say the least. I always tried to fit in and be accepted by my so-called friends. I was so scared of girls that I almost started shaking as I talked to them. I got to the point where my palms were sweaty almost all day. Anyway, as a young adult I've managed to overcome my anxiety and I've started a blog to discuss my difficulties with depression and how I have changed my life around. Check out my article on social anxiety: http://www.heartbeforemind.com/wp-ad...23&action=edit . Let me know what you guys think
Great article. I'm a pretty funny guy and laugh at myself all the time, yet I still have social anxiety. I don't know if caring is my problem, the presence of others causes me anxiety even if they like and accept me. I don't know.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Permanently Banned

I read your article. You are articulate, intelligent, and provide helpful advice. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing and spreading positivity.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Anxiety problems often have deep roots in our childhood. I am by no means a therapist (I recommend talking to one because that is), but I encourage you to dig deep to find out why you feel anxious. It can be extremely difficult to revisit our childhood on our own and that is why I recommend that you seek professional help. Personally, it was an adult friend who helped me through therapy to discover the **** I had tried to burry and forget about.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Dragonic Archon

Grats.

Love or hate me as you will, but live now and in your final breath. In time we shall meet again.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Querdenker

My Mood: Confused
Good luck to you.

cheer up - God is with you
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
There no such thing as a cure.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I appreaciate all the feedback you guys have given me!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page