How I overcame my Anxiety! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thumbs up

How I overcame my Anxiety!

Is it possible to overcome social anxiety? Yes!

My experience: My social anxiety has gotten so bad I hide at home inside my room for 2 and 1/2 years. I couldn't leave my house because I would get panic attack, racing thoughts, and all these weird feelings going through out my body. My chest would hurt, my mind become so easily fatigue, etc. etc. etc....

Now, I can do whatever I want, go to the store, work as a nurse, go to school, and even speak in front of my class.

How I overcome social anxiety:
No medication!!!!

Step 1: Became a vegetarian.
Step 2: Vipassana meditation.
Step 3: living morally through study of Buddhism.

Its that simple! Anxiety is the worst hell on the earth! I know it.... Search for a vipassana course on google and attend a session. Then practice it everyday and I gurantee you, if you don't overcome your anxiety within 6 months, email me at [email protected] and I'll pay you a $100 buck free. It will change your life. Study about buddhism and your body and mind.

Good luck!

Social Anxiety will be defeated so God help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 07:31 AM
SAS Member

So happy for you! I love the fact that you didn't take medication to cure your anxiety!

I wish I could start meditation it's just that it's my last year at school and so I don't have time to try out meditation...although I am trying to become a vegan!! It's not as easy as I thought it would be :P

But anyway..do you think I could learn vipassana meditation on my own? I'm not sure i know a place that teaches it where I live :P
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:04 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Awesome! Keept it up!

That's great for you! I think you set a solid example for others to follow, especially since you did this without medication! Can't believe you joined in 2006 either. That's commendable!

Definitely gives me hope myself, since I was planning to incorporate meditation exercises and journaling to defeat the influx of overwhelming negative thoughts. I'm getting there with my lifestyle changes. Exercise consistently, eating a plant-based diet without oils-- but just need to work towards finding an inner calm that you have.

Thanks for your personal experience!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:43 PM
SAS Member

Congratulations.

I tried meditation once, I was terrible at it. I couldn't keep still and my mind kept wandering. I'll have to try it again now.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Permanently Banned

What does becoming a vegetarian and having a retarded religion have to do with socializing with people!?!?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 08:01 PM
SAS Member

Lol. I thought I was reading youtube ads spam for some weird reason when I read. Good for you then.

I exist.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Fear...sucks

Congrats!

http://www.anxietykey.com working for me check it out and follow it's a gooder for anxious people.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Mental impurities is the caused of our suffering. Vipassana meditation allow an individual to control and exercise the mind.

In vipassana meditation, first you discover your own thoughts and than you discover your bodily sensation.

Than you will realize people are not the source of your anxiety. Your own mental affliction is the caused of your anxiety and suffering. Your thoughts create your anxiety.
Vipassana meditation will train you how to observe and control your thoughts and emotions.

Last words:

Why was I anxious before and not now? I was a bad person before: full of judgement, anger, hatred, pride, and ego. These were the source of my anxiety. I realized the more I removed anger, I also greatly reduce my anxiety. Ego, pride, and so forth.....

Now: I learn to live loving people, having humility, respecting people. I don't steal, don't kill, don't eat meat, don't lie or cheat, and I don't drink alcohol or smoke. My mind is calm and pure.

However: all this was not possible if you are just reacting your anxiety. Example: before I practice vipassana meditation, everytime I've anxiety my body react and I react and my mind react, and everything become too much and I want to go find a place to hide and smoke a cigarettes... Now, vipassana meditation taught me to observe the anxiety sensation and be equanamous to it and the funny thing is, it goes away.

Also, the ego, the more ego the anxiety I had. The more I removed the ego, my anxiety reduced.

There is just so much, I don't know how to explain it all.

Hope someone of you out there trapped in mental hell would search for vipassana meditation on google and find a course near you and try it.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zein View Post
So happy for you! I love the fact that you didn't take medication to cure your anxiety!

I wish I could start meditation it's just that it's my last year at school and so I don't have time to try out meditation...although I am trying to become a vegan!! It's not as easy as I thought it would be :P

But anyway..do you think I could learn vipassana meditation on my own? I'm not sure i know a place that teaches it where I live :P

Search for vipassana meditation on google and find a course near you. There are course all over the world now!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughUnderdog View Post
That's great for you! I think you set a solid example for others to follow, especially since you did this without medication! Can't believe you joined in 2006 either. That's commendable!

Definitely gives me hope myself, since I was planning to incorporate meditation exercises and journaling to defeat the influx of overwhelming negative thoughts. I'm getting there with my lifestyle changes. Exercise consistently, eating a plant-based diet without oils-- but just need to work towards finding an inner calm that you have.

Thanks for your personal experience!
Just trust me on this: You are not afraid of people and people are not afraid of you! What you are afraid is your own "sensation". The sensation of fears leading on to anxiety. The sensation you experience thousands of time over and over again. Every time you feel it, you panic.....

With vipassana meditation: you observe your bodily sensation during a panic and anxiety attack and not react to it. You train your body to stop reacting by not feeding it with more energy. Trust, I sat in a room by myself for 8 hours and my mind alone caused a lot of anxiety because of my thoughts. I didn't run away from the feelings or sensation. I observed it over and over again, until one day it just all stoppped.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 04:16 PM
SAS Member

I'm glad to hear of your success! I dont think I could become vegan but I've always been fascinated by buddhism. I might just give that a try. Thanks for the advice!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 06:13 PM
SAS Member

thanks for the suggestion.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 05:26 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quite a Quiet 1 View Post
What does becoming a vegetarian and having a retarded religion have to do with socializing with people!?!?
Definitely a charlatan scamming people.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 08:59 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quite a Quiet 1 View Post
I totally agree except the religion isn't retarded, overcoming anxiety possibly involve exposure and learning to think different ways and also beating yourself up less and accepting yourself. I'm planning to push myself to overcome anxiety.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page