"Hey, was that regular Pepsi?" - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

"Hey, was that regular Pepsi?"

Today I sat down for lunch at Pizza Hut. The waitress was a hot blonde, too good looking to be working at Pizza Hut in my opinion. But I always hated to go alone to a place where I would have to deal with waitresses. Today it was no big deal.

I started on my drink while I waited on my pizza. It tasted like regular Pepsi when I wanted diet. That regular tears up my stomach. Too strong. So I drink about half a glass of it. The waitress comes and cleans off the table next to me.

I get her attention and ask, "Hey, do you remember if you gave me regular Pepsi or diet?" She said it was regular. I politely asked if she could get me a diet one.

This is huge for me. Normally I would have sat there and freaked out, probably would have just drank the regular or nothing and hoped she would refill it before I finished.

Went out of my way to ask this hot waitress what kind of pop she gave me.

Sitting down and eating in these restaurants is a hell of an experience. There's something about sitting there while others converse and the workers do their thing. It seems much more fulfilling than just eating alone in my car wishing I was dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Lateralus

My Mood: Sleepy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Fatso View Post
Today I sat down for lunch at Pizza Hut. The waitress was a hot blonde, too good looking to be working at Pizza Hut in my opinion. But I always hated to go alone to a place where I would have to deal with waitresses. Today it was no big deal.

I started on my drink while I waited on my pizza. It tasted like regular Pepsi when I wanted diet. That regular tears up my stomach. Too strong. So I drink about half a glass of it. The waitress comes and cleans off the table next to me.

I get her attention and ask, "Hey, do you remember if you gave me regular Pepsi or diet?" She said it was regular. I politely asked if she could get me a diet one.

This is huge for me. Normally I would have sat there and freaked out, probably would have just drank the regular or nothing and hoped she would refill it before I finished.

Sitting down and eating in these restaurants is a hell of an experience. There's something about sitting there while others converse and the workers do their thing. It seems much more fulfilling than just eating alone in my car wishing I was dead.
Congrats sir.

Next time I'm in Ohio we ought to eat out together.

I know the pieces fit cause I watched them fall away
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Permanently Banned

Good. It's sounds like you're making improvements lately. I'm happy for you.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 01:54 PM
SAS Member

I get something similar, when I drink regular Coke(regular Pepsi doesn't bother me, strangely enough). Except it doesn't hurt my stomach, it hurts my left arm...sugar over-load, I guess.

Anyways, I'm glad you had this experience. I don't often speak up, but when I do, and it works out...it feels really good. Build off this.

They say it doesn't hurt.

-Carl McCunn
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Lateralus

My Mood: Sleepy
Even if my food is screwed up I don't speak up usually.

Like at Taco Bell - I'll tell them to leave the beans and sour cream off their Volcano nachos. They frequently still put it on and I just eat it anyway. It's hard enough for me to go through the flaming drive thru in the first place.

I know the pieces fit cause I watched them fall away
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
SAS Member

Thats awesome!!! its hard to eat alone in a room full of people
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM
roarrrr

Hey, that's great! Ordering food and restaurants are one of my top phobias. I'd have trouble speaking up for sure. I'm always afraid of offending the waiters/workers or bothering them. Also, just the thought of speaking up versus staying silent, the latter is always more attractive. Well, good job, Ohio!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 PM
SAS Member

Good for you! I'm the same way. I hate asking waiters to take my food away if it's wrong. Usually I end up eating it anyway. One time I got something with small bits of meat in it and I STILL didn't say anything. I'm a vegetarian... I think I was feeling particularly anxious that day though, but that was pretty bad.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I think the next step, which I might try this weekend, is having a meal at a place I've never eaten at. There are many of those places around here.

I was always afraid to go because I wouldn't be familiar with it, wouldn't know what to do and would be scared that everybody can tell I'm out of place there and think I'm stupid for not knowing the rules, the menu, etc.

You can get familiar with the menu online for the most part. Still, this will be a big test. I think I can do it though. All these places care about is money. I'm looking forward to tasting new food and experiencing a new restaurant.

Hell, I've never even eaten at KFC or Bob Evans. Growing up kind of poor, we only went to places with dollar menus for the most part. It's time to step it up now.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 11:43 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Fatso View Post

Oh wow, that's awesome Sad you got the wrong drink though, lolol

Some days are better than others. Sometimes you just have the strength to put your head up and get what you want, and other times you just want to slink away in the car. I have both on a regular basis. External stimuli can effect my day to day, so where I'll end up I don't know.

Good work dude - the more you do it the easier it becomes and will occur even when you are feeling the worst. It's called a facade and everyone has them, SA, Depression etc or not.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Permanently Banned

Now ask her about her choice in toilet paper.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 11:33 AM
SAS Member

Very very cool man I hope you're proud of yourself, I never would've been able to do that!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 11:35 AM
high humidty, & cuteness

congrats, i did something similiar at burger king when they forgot to put in my chocolate fudge bites, it felt awkward at the time and I felt like I was annoying them, but I felt good about myself after the experience.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 11:12 AM
SAS Member

If I were alone I probably would not have said anything. When I'm with someone else I usually have more motivation to say something.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 03:01 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Congratulations on speaking up! I've never even eaten in a sit-down restaurant on my own before.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Dutch Latino

congrats!, i would never sit and eat alone at a restaurant!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page