Had a few drinks before class and had a good time - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Had a few drinks before class and had a good time

I had a couple of drinks before class started. It was the first day of class. I felt amazing. I still had social anxiety, but I could completely ignore it. In class I usually have this paranoid feeling that everyone is judging me, and I didn't have that feeling at all. I was able to relax and just let go of all my worries.

I had an amazing time, I was laughing at pretty much everything and I made everyone around me laugh. I felt like the life of the party. The teacher was really busy so she didn't notice. Unbelievably I actually had no problems talking to girls, and instead of coming off as awkward like I usually would, I actually came off as interesting. Normally I slur my worlds a lot because of me not being confident, but I was able to speak completely clear without slurring at all. I told quite a few interesting stories that while sober i wouldn't have been able to tell.

Basically I just didn't care what people thought of me and I wasn't trying to impress anyone I just wanted to have a good time. I wasn't seeking approval from anyone like I normally do. I felt confident in myself.

I learned a lot from my experience and now I know what its like to be confident.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Still playing.

That's fantastic! Hopefully soon you can have that feeling all the time!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 12:30 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Just don't start depending on alcohol. It's good that you learned from it though!

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barette View Post
That's fantastic! Hopefully soon you can have that feeling all the time!
haha someday I wish!!..I felt sooo amazing. Most of the time it seems like I always just make people around me feel awkward..but I had everyone completely comfortable around me and had them laughing at my jokes even though I'm generally not even good at telling jokes.

If I could just be like this all the time I would have no problems making friends and I could get any girl I want
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGleyzer View Post
I had a couple of drinks before class started. It was the first day of class. I felt amazing. I still had social anxiety, but I could completely ignore it. In class I usually have this paranoid feeling that everyone is judging me, and I didn't have that feeling at all. I was able to relax and just let go of all my worries.

I had an amazing time, I was laughing at pretty much everything and I made everyone around me laugh. I felt like the life of the party. The teacher was really busy so she didn't notice. Unbelievably I actually had no problems talking to girls, and instead of coming off as awkward like I usually would, I actually came off as interesting. Normally I slur my worlds a lot because of me not being confident, but I was able to speak completely clear without slurring at all. I told quite a few interesting stories that while sober i wouldn't have been able to tell.

Basically I just didn't care what people thought of me and I wasn't trying to impress anyone I just wanted to have a good time. I wasn't seeking approval from anyone like I normally do. I felt confident in myself.

I learned a lot from my experience and now I know what its like to be confident.
AlexGleyzer,

I hope this won't become a habit. The goal is to have that mindset without the alcohol.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Blargh...

Lol.. I remember drinking before school a few times, and you're right - it is certainly quite fun. They call it "liquid confidence" for a reason, I guess...

But yeah, I hope you can learn to be confident without alcohol
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM
SAS Member

Drunkenness makes me confident but it also makes me loud, sloppy and excessive with conversation. Afterwards I always feel a little ashamed...like I've exposed too much of myself to other people.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 11:04 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
Nice that you had a good time. I was thinking about doing this but... could people tell that you'd been drinking? Did anyone smell it?
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Living in Anxiety

Sounds fun, but I drive to my classes...would be a bad idea for me.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmaPhunk View Post
Drunkenness makes me confident but it also makes me loud, sloppy and excessive with conversation. Afterwards I always feel a little ashamed...like I've exposed too much of myself to other people.
I drank enough to get me a nice buzz, but not anywhere near drunk.

I still felt completely in control of everything I do, with lowered inhibitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgblood View Post
Nice that you had a good time. I was thinking about doing this but... could people tell that you'd been drinking? Did anyone smell it?
No one could tell I'd been drinking based on the smell. I took breath mints and sprayed a little bit of cologne. It's kind of ironic how someone with SA can be one of the most outgoing people in the class after a couple drinks.

I wouldn't do it unless you have a set purpose in mind. For me it was the first day of class and other than having a good time, I also wanted to set the impression that I'm outgoing and interesting. I accomplished my goal.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 09:08 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
I drank enough to get me a nice buzz, but not anywhere near drunk.

I still felt completely in control of everything I do, with lowered inhibitions.

No one could tell I'd been drinking based on the smell. I took breath mints and sprayed a little bit of cologne. It's kind of ironic how someone with SA can be one of the most outgoing people in the class after a couple drinks.

I wouldn't do it unless you have a set purpose in mind. For me it was the first day of class and other than having a good time, I also wanted to set the impression that I'm outgoing and interesting. I accomplished my goal.
This should not become habit. Alcoholism begins from this kind of thing.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:05 PM

Yeah, like most people said, you have to be very careful with alcohol, but a good first impression can really help start you off new relationships. Just don't become dependent on it.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 05:24 PM
ETM
SAS Member

This reminds me of how I met this girl while having a buzz, in a bar... Of course, there were friends with me, but most of the time I talked to her one on one, and it was one of the rare occasions that I met a new person and had a comfortable and pleasant chat with. When I bumped into her on later occasions, while being sober, I was always looking for what to say and I kinda destroyed my first impression of being outgoing and talkative I guess. That's when I first thought to drink before going to social events, and immediately swore to myself never to do such a thing.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:25 AM
SAS Member

Uncle Al, the great socializer.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Hey you guys guess what!! I got completely what I deserved haha. I decided I would drink again, except this time i had a couple more drinks than last time. Instead of getting a buzz like I thought, I ended up getting completely drunk!! haha. I definitely didn't feel anywhere in control like last time. Everyone could tell that I was completely messed up based on the way I was acting. I couldn't walk straight and I was tripping everywhere lol. I made a HUGE fool of myself! My brain wasn't functioning at all. I also felt a little sick and had this feeling that I was going to vomit.. Apparently everyone could smell the alcohol on my breath, I was pretty sure I used breath mints but I was probably too drunk and forgot to use them..

Now I realize how stupid relying on alcohol actually is..
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:53 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Hey you guys guess what!! I got completely what I deserved haha. I decided I would drink again, except this time i had a couple more drinks than last time. Instead of getting a buzz like I thought, I ended up getting completely drunk!! haha. I definitely didn't feel anywhere in control like last time. Everyone could tell that I was completely messed up based on the way I was acting. I couldn't walk straight and I was tripping everywhere lol. I made a HUGE fool of myself! My brain wasn't functioning at all. I also felt a little sick and had this feeling that I was going to vomit.. Apparently everyone could smell the alcohol on my breath, I was pretty sure I used breath mints but I was probably too drunk and forgot to use them..

Now I realize how stupid relying on alcohol actually is..
You are sure learning things the hard way.
Think how much easier, and less expensive, it is to just go out there without the alcohol. You have practically done the worst case scenario. You are lucky your weren't checked by security or something.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:58 AM
>.<"

I hope you didn't drink enough for them to figure out that you had a drink before class.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peril View Post
I hope you didn't drink enough for them to figure out that you had a drink before class.
I had a little too many drinks and there was nothing I could do no matter how much I tried to hide it. I didn't feel in control and everyone could tell i was drunk.

Now I know what my limit is and what the difference between a nice buzz and being drunk is.

A buzz- increased confidence, lowered inhibitions, and I still feel completely in control of everything I do. Just a little bit dizzy, slightly blurred vision, reading gets a little tougher.

Drunk- same as a buzz except no longer in control, dizzy, blurred vision, reaction timing is off by a lot, I don't think before I speak, stumble everywhere, can't read, act like an idiot, feel sick like I'm going to vomit, can't remember a single thing anyone says. My brain just doesn't function properly so I can't even tell any jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
You are sure learning things the hard way.
Think how much easier, and less expensive, it is to just go out there without the alcohol. You have practically done the worst case scenario. You are lucky your weren't checked by security or something.
Look on the bright side..when I grow old I want to have plenty of funny stories to tell about my teen years...oh that one time I had a couple drinks before class...ended up getting completely drunk and made a fool out of myself in front of everyone..
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Cheese.

Drinks definitely give me 'liquid confidence' BUT, I would be completely embarassed to go to school like that. Because I do get giggly, a bit loud, and stumble... a lot. Hope this doesn't become a habit though. Although I do feel your pain on attending class and practically feeling anxious throughout the whole thing, I don't think I'll go to school drunk and definitely get stopped by security

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Permanently Banned

That's not really something you should be proud of; but that confidence you feel Isn't real, and it's not who you really are; you need to find that confidence from within. Stop before you get hooked.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page