Groundbreaking holiday! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Groundbreaking holiday!

Hey guys I just thought I would share my recent triumphs over SA with you all. I'm 22 and a few weeks ago I went on a traditional lads party holiday with 6 friends. This was a huge deal for someone like me who get's intimidated easily and finds it so difficult to talk to girls. BUT it was amazing!. The booze helped lol.

Made friends with some really nice and pretty girls. One of them clearly liked me but I was too scared to make the move. I've had to blank out serious oneitis symptoms since then but the fact I'm even talking to them at length is huge progress. I think I work alot better when I'm talking to them one to one and away from groups of loudmouths who try to be something they're not. It seems like if she has a nice personality I don't even have to try hard and we hit it off.

I didn't get as irritated, anxious or angry around people as I thought I would. Eye contact is also becoming less of an issue. I finally have something to work from now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Slowly Improving :)

Congrats dude. You get her number? Yay for booze!!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrcyMcgrdy1 View Post
Congrats dude. You get her number? Yay for booze!!!!
Yeah. She actually asked for it first. Seriously man she was all over me. I couldn't believe such a stunning girl (and basically sober) would like a guy like me that way. My confidence has shot up. I'm already planning next years trip haha.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Slowly Improving :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio83 View Post
Yeah. She actually asked for it first. Seriously man she was all over me. I couldn't believe such a stunning girl (and basically sober) would like a guy like me that way. My confidence has shot up. I'm already planning next years trip haha.
Good ****. Truly happy for you man. That is what I eman when i tell people to keep putting themselves out there and not give up because good suprises await those who keep up a persistent effort. Something like what just happened to you can be an amazing event that helps more than just that instant but for a logn time! Keep it up!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrcyMcgrdy1 View Post
Good ****. Truly happy for you man. That is what I eman when i tell people to keep putting themselves out there and not give up because good suprises await those who keep up a persistent effort. Something like what just happened to you can be an amazing event that helps more than just that instant but for a logn time! Keep it up!
Cheers buddy. Important thing is not to stop now and keep the momentum going.

Hawaii huh, I would LOVE to go there.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page