Got my first job and I initiated the convo - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried

Got my first job and I initiated the convo

Got my first job, I'm currently 19 years old in college majoring in music.
I'm a singer (Mainly rock, however I sing anything)
the thing is I never had stage fright infact it was the complete opposite.
But when it comes to the things backstage I would be super quiet, people thought I was a snob lol but I wasn't. I was just a robot who'd be quiet and turn on when it's time to get on stage lol.

Anyways I decided to search, initiate a conversation and join a cover band that pays me regularly in NYC instead of just singing my own original music in pubs and other places (I still do, but that doesn't get me paid 90% of the time), and I know some people might think (well isn't singing not really a real job?) well for me rn it's reliable, we have a couple shows every week and for every show I get paid from $200 to $300 depending on the length, the setlist is usually 1 hour long and there is the occasional 2 hour.
So for me I find it reliable right now, and I barely spend my money so it might be good for saving rn.

In short : I was scared (despite this being my specialty) to search and initiate a conversation in order to get a job, but one day I just went for it and didn't feel anything. It was that one day...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page