Goodbye Virginity! - Page 8 - Social Anxiety Forum
Closed Thread

post #141 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 12:13 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

It annoys me when people tell me virginity should mean something. Not that it annoys me at all when people consider their virginity special, that's personal choice which I respect, but when people tell me it should be for everyone. I lost mine to my ex boyfriend and while I cared about him at the time it wasn't a magical thing for me and it didn't mean anything more than just literally the first time I'd had sex.

As long as you use protection and you're clear about whether it's a one night stand or something then it's all fine if you ask me. Good for you OP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 AM
SAS Member

Only congratulations are in order for this man, having sex with severe SA is an achievement whether meaningless or not. Might do the same once I'm a bit more athletic.
post #143 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyRestless View Post
Why are people getting up on their moral high horse? Virginity was obviously causing the guy anxiety and he found a way to remove that stress from his life. Good for him. Everyone is different and does things differently. I've actually had some people tell me that it's better to lose it to someone you don't really care for so that you don't get attached. It makes sense to me. As long as he used protection I say congrats.
Does it last, though? There's that burden of what happened that he will have to carry into each relationship. That's all.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

post #144 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Only because it was made into a stressor.
I'm catching on to what you're saying.
post #145 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 03:50 AM
SAS Member

I could have sex tommorow, but no longer being a virgin would not cure my anxiety. In fact it could make my anxiety worse. Increasingly I find being around people hard, the thought of being that close to someone, someone I hardly know is likely to send my anxiety skyrocketing before and afterwards.
post #146 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Does it last, though? There's that burden of what happened that he will have to carry into each relationship. That's all.
What burden?
post #147 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Dancing on my own

You did it with a completely random girl in a bar's (disgusting) public restroom? Ew. Congrats--but ew.

I know you're all excited you aren't a virgin anymore and everything......but why is being a virgin so bad to guys? What kind of story is that to think back on when you have sex for the second time and the girl inquiries about your first time? I don't know about you, but when I think about my first time I imagine it to be in a private clean bed...

PS - condom or not, I'd still get myself tested.

Anyone who can touch you can hurt you or heal you. Anyone who can reach you can love you or leave you...so be gentle
thisiscourtney.tumblr.com
post #148 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyB View Post
You did it with a completely random girl in a bar's (disgusting) public restroom? Ew. I know you're all excited you aren't a virgin anymore and everything......but ew. What kind of story is that to think back on when you have sex for the second time and the girl inquiries about your first time. Condom or not, I'd still get myself tested.
Each to their own.
post #149 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Permanently Banned

haters gonna hate. congrats anyway!
post #150 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Dancing on my own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown88 View Post
Each to their own.
I edited my post. I never said I was saying he was a horrible person, I just said my opinion on his adventure.

Anyone who can touch you can hurt you or heal you. Anyone who can reach you can love you or leave you...so be gentle
thisiscourtney.tumblr.com
post #151 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyB View Post
I edited my post. I never said I was saying he was a horrible person, I just said my opinion on his adventure.
I never thought you were saying he was a bad person, I just don't understand why people react so strongly to another person's choice. I totally understand that people have different views on sex but I think accepting that some people just see things a different way is a better way to respond. Kind of like how I do with those who believe in waiting for marriage before having sex, I simply say that personally it's not my thing but I respect their choice.
post #152 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:00 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
This comment seems very wrong minded and personal. Why is one sexual encounter "a burden" that must be "carried around?" There's far too much opinion in that statement for you to impose it on OP's view of his personal success.

Why does the esteem boost from it have to "last?" Life itself is temporary, so why should every affirmation and good moment have to survive a test of reproducibility and duration?

Why would he "carry this around?" Its just a chick he banged in the bathroom, its not some existential schism of great ontological significance.

I keep coming back to this topic because I think its funny how people keep wanting to **** on OP under the "Triumphs over SA" section.
post #153 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTaylor View Post
Its my opinion k thanks. Sheesh, all these guys telling me my opinion is wrong, pretty sure my opinion is my opinion, and i don't need people telling me its wrong.
Yet you come here and basically tells the OP that he is gross and immoral and that what he has done is wrong ? You can't just defend that with saying that it is just your opinion.

Preaching and telling people how morally wrong their TRIUMPHS over social anxiety is, isn't really helping people out.

To the OP, good for you and good for you that there was no STD
post #154 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 06:53 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipurz View Post
Yet you come here and basically tells the OP that he is gross and immoral and that what he has done is wrong ? You can't just defend that with saying that it is just your opinion.

Preaching and telling people how morally wrong their TRIUMPHS over social anxiety is, isn't really helping people out.

To the OP, good for you and good for you that there was no STD
How long ago did I say this? And I still get sh*t talkers? I stated my opinion about how I feel about people who have meaningless sex. I didn't directly tell the OP he was gross and immoral. I also never directly said it was wrong, people can do what they want with there life. Did i ever tell this guy that he should never do that again because I personally think it's wrong? NOPE SO HOP OFF MY D!CK! I can do whatever I want & say whatever I want. K BYE.
post #155 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
How long ago did I say this? And I still get sh*t talkers? I stated my opinion about how I feel about people who have meaningless sex. I didn't directly tell the OP he was gross and immoral. I also never directly said it was wrong, people can do what they want with there life. Did i ever tell this guy that he should never do that again because I personally think it's wrong? NOPE SO HOP OFF MY D!CK! I can do whatever I want & say whatever I want. K BYE.
you have a d!ck ?
post #156 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Skeletal wreck of man...

congrats dude. hit it and quit it. that's the way to do it. A mans virginity doesn't exist. Unless it's back door virginity.
post #157 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Funny how people love to make drive by judgements, but get so mad when they get called out. "Its my opinion that you're a lowlife for having meaningless sex..." real funny. That's just a cop out for when you know you're just irrationally judging someone... yet you don't want "your opinion" to be taken to task. Go figure

And what's so indirect about what you said about what OP did? You made a generallization about an action OP took and wrote it in his thread. Here's a work that's not difficult to spell: context.
post #158 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 07:32 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3T0X View Post
you have a d!ck ?
Totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87wayz View Post
Funny how people love to make drive by judgements, but get so mad when they get called out. "Its my opinion that you're a lowlife for having meaningless sex..." real funny. That's just a cop out for when you know you're just irrationally judging someone... yet you don't want "your opinion" to be taken to task. Go figure

And what's so indirect about what you said about what OP did? You made a generallization about an action OP took and wrote it in his thread. Here's a work that's not difficult to spell: context.
Hey. I don't care.

My opinion shouldn't effect you this badly. Ignore it, you shouldn't care either
post #159 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 PM
SAS Member

Thread lock

It's ran its course, and it's nothing but arguing and bickering going on in here.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page