Gave the best interview that I was capable of - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Smile

Gave the best interview that I was capable of

Today, I applied for a "real job" in an medical office and it went really well. There were two things I wasn't expecting though, as I soon as I came into the office, the person at the front desk wasn't expecting me. However as soon as I explained my situation, I found the person who I was supposed to meet. She was running late.

The person I was supposed to meet at the office was actually about 30 minutes late, which I found very unprofessional, but I let it slide of course. I thought it was going to be a one on one interview, however, there turned out to be two people going to interview me. I would have normally been even more anxious because I wasn't expecting it, but I became nonchalant about it. The SA didn't kick in and I wasn't left stuttering and drawing blanks for answers to give in the interview processs and social interaction.

It was a traditional interview, which I was dreading. It was a Q&A interview with the same overasked questions. Somehow, I found the right words to say though, and I told the appropriate stories to tell based on the questions.

I could feel the intense observations and the interviewers looking for red flags and looking for me to stumble somewhere. And I did. Through the whole conversation, there were moments I didn't quite have the right answers but I was quick on my feet and I improvised. I spoke from my heart and I said exactly what I was thinking without inhibition. I pulled through the interview feeling good about it even though I might not get the job.

This was my first "real" interview since one I did last year. One of the interviewers told me they were still interviewing other people for the position but that didn't really phase me. I'm just glad I got a new personal best for giving interviews and that I'm capable of making a good first impression.

"Get some therapy"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 04:22 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Congratulations!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 05:44 PM
SAS Member

That's awesome! I know how you feel. You never completely get over the interview nervousness but it's always good to be on your best so tht they can see the real you. I've been on a number of interviews this year (some successful but the job didn't last too long for various reasons), but I have one on Monday and I am still nervous. I wish you luck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page