first day of work - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

first day of work

I was nervous for the whole day going into the first day of work. I have been panicking about it for weeks, and thought that I would bottle the experience and have my nightmares come true.

Instead, i came in, and chatted with several people, introduced myself to new people that I worked with, and all in all had an awesome time. Oh, and I was joking left and right with the customers. Wow, this was truly a victory. The only downside was seeing my ex girlfriend, who I would like to consider a friend still, and she was very cold to me. But I don't care about that much, because I know I can do anything I set my mind to.

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Once you give up all hope is when you have truly lost.
-A great friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 03:14 PM

Re: first day of work

That's great! You're right that it's truly a victory. Plenty of people without SA can't stand their first day at work, so it sounds like you did even better than them. I hope today went as well or better.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Re: first day of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea culpa
That's great! You're right that it's truly a victory. Plenty of people without SA can't stand their first day at work, so it sounds like you did even better than them. I hope today went as well or better.
Thanks! Yesterday was also really good. I was really friendly with the customers, and introduced myself to some more of the employees. I am doing really well, and this is finally giving me hope with my SA. I can say that I no longer feel depressed for the first time in a while!

Once you give up all hope is when you have truly lost.
-A great friend

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page