finding friends - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored

finding friends

Not usually a part of the forum I go to because I am not interested in doing things to improve SA just for the sake of improvement. I do things that challenge SA because I want to do them with no regards to anxiety.

I am attempting to find new friends again. It seems every time I end a hobby I lose everyone I've been seeing and talking to. I was going to martial arts several times a week but they are all gone now. I haven't seen anyone but my husband and a few times his family since about Aug. I've learned a lot since the last time I went friend looking so maybe I will finally have success and develop a friendship rather than acquaintances through shared hobbies. I have an okcupid account still and I have been hanging out on craigslist the past 48hrs. I know many on here are paranoid of craigslist but I am not so don't bother spreading your fear. I answered 3 ads and waiting for a response. Then I posted 3. 1 mw4mw stating I'm just looking for friends, 1 in community for people who would like to share my garden, and a combination w4w friend and garden post. I like growing things just to grow things and only use like a quarter of the stuff I grow so I usually give it away to family but I have no family here anymore. Can I bribe friends with vegetables.

Update if the torturous wait for emails ever ends.

My greatest point is my persistence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 10:29 AM
SAS Member

I don't think meeting someone through Craigslist is any worse than meeting someone anyway else through the Internet. As long there are other people around the first time you meet face-to-face, I wouldn't be worried about it.

I definitely think trying to find people based on your hobbies is a good idea. If anything else, it provides you something to talk about during the awkward beginning phases of a friendship when you're never quite sure what you should say.

If you like gardening, have you tried finding out if there's some sort of gardening group anywhere near you that you could join? I have no idea if that's a thing, but if there was something like that, you could always try it out.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I've had people in the past say things like don't let them use your toilet or you'll get an STD.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I got an email from this really spacy guy, he's all over the place in his message, who can't remember exactly how old he is. He didn't give me a whole lot to make a response about. This will be a difficult email.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 04:58 AM
SAS Member

How about getting a job. I met lots a friends through the workplace. Or even try a part-time job. Also, how about Meetup.com. Find a meetup group in your area. I had trouble making friends too but once I started having children I became more active in school and became friends with my children's friends parents. Also met a lot of new people at my local pool.

Good luck!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 06:59 AM
very sweet me :)

My Mood: Amused
people like to be friend with someone who listen and care for them
always smiling and laughing
giving them hope
tell them the life is sweet
don't complain a lot about your problems, because no one will really care except your mother and someone faced the same thing or someone deeply love you.

these are my tips in having frinds, hope its help

https://twitter.com/Ahmad_dedat

"Every word is able to be misunderstood, even silence may be misunderstood."

"kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world. no matter what you look like."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 07:14 AM
SAS Member

Most guys on craigslist and okcupid are going to try to be friends with you to have sex with you in my opinion.

Maybe try meetup.com and going to a few meetups. That is where I met my current best friend.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page