Date went well :) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Formerly "The Quicktion"

My Mood: Mellow

Date went well :)

Hi, so...as part of my journey to become a new and better me, i got someone to go on a date with and i had a nice time. I won't over analyze it in the slightest and will rather go on my instincts, i enjoyed myself and i am proud of myself for having stepped out into the world and having faced my fears, and having a nice time. No matter what happens, i'm proud and grateful that this happened because it's a developmental step in my journey and i take nothing but positives.

The girl was mellow and nice to talk to and she even let me drive her home nearby. I take it as a positive that she could decide not to go out with me again and i would not be bummed out at all really because i take that as a sign of maturity from my part. As she left my car she said that we could go on another date if i liked so that's nice.

It's definitely possible folks, good luck out there

"If you expect nothing from anybody, you're never disappointed." - Sylvia Plath

"I've started to focus on a bigger game. The sound the wind makes through the pines; the sentience of animals; what we fear in the dark and what lies beyond the darkness. I'm talking about seeing beyond fear, about looking at the world with love." - Dale Cooper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 07:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quicktion View Post
Hi, so...as part of my journey to become a new and better me, i got someone to go on a date with and i had a nice time. I won't over analyze it in the slightest and will rather go on my instincts, i enjoyed myself and i am proud of myself for having stepped out into the world and having faced my fears, and having a nice time. No matter what happens, i'm proud and grateful that this happened because it's a developmental step in my journey and i take nothing but positives.

The girl was mellow and nice to talk to and she even let me drive her home nearby. I take it as a positive that she could decide not to go out with me again and i would not be bummed out at all really because i take that as a sign of maturity from my part. As she left my car she said that we could go on another date if i liked so that's nice.

It's definitely possible folks, good luck out there
Man, you're making strides, I hope some of the guys at a crossroads here will look at you as inspiration.

Keep it up.

A lack of achievement doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of ability. A lack of ability doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of potential. - LonelyLurker
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 12:58 AM
Dog Lover

My Mood: Cold
That's inspiring man, good job🙂👍 .

Live for the progress that you've made.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 01:29 AM
SAS Member

Language: Gibberish
Gratz man. I got a date tonight, we are going to see the new Thor movie. It should be fun. I just hope I'm not super tired during the date because I literally just woke up now O_o...

Bleh.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Formerly "The Quicktion"

My Mood: Mellow
Thanks everyone.

@naes Have fun!

"If you expect nothing from anybody, you're never disappointed." - Sylvia Plath

"I've started to focus on a bigger game. The sound the wind makes through the pines; the sentience of animals; what we fear in the dark and what lies beyond the darkness. I'm talking about seeing beyond fear, about looking at the world with love." - Dale Cooper
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 09:34 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quicktion View Post
Thanks everyone.

@naes Have fun!
Thanks man. I'm about to cook myself up a pot of coffee right now cuz i can alrdy feel myself fading lol/

Bleh.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 09:39 AM
Feminism-the Greater Good

My Mood: Sad
Congrats! Have fun and I hope you get better and better and find much more happiness!

In America, we have privileged whites, sexism, racism, and racial/gender oppression. Unfortunately, some people feel they discount the feelings or experiences of other people because in their minds they don't think these feelings and experiences exist. Feelings are not meant to be understood and our experiences are as real as our bodies. Don't let people tell you how to feel or discount your experiences for they are refusing to acknowledge your existence.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 03:19 PM
On An Indefinante Hiatus

Good luck man!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: American
Quote:
Originally Posted by naes View Post
Gratz man. I got a date tonight, we are going to see the new Thor movie. It should be fun. I just hope I'm not super tired during the date because I literally just woke up now O_o...
I am so happy for you that you finally got over Amber,i was really beginning to worry about your recent behaviour.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 05:01 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInvisibleHand View Post
I am so happy for you that you finally got over Amber,i was really beginning to worry about your recent behaviour.
I'm worrying about your behavior. Are you alright?

Bleh.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2017, 01:29 AM
desperado

Language: english, but all in lower case
My Mood: Innocent
congrats mate. hope the next date goes just as well for you

:/
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2017, 03:30 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Nice done man, what she said is definitely a good sign, been there know the feeling !
Looking forward to hear what you have done on the second date

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page