Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Triumphs Over Social Anxiety (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Date went well :) (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f9/date-went-well-2110690/)

Vulnicura 11-16-2017 04:04 PM

Date went well :)

Hi, so...as part of my journey to become a new and better me, i got someone to go on a date with and i had a nice time. I won't over analyze it in the slightest and will rather go on my instincts, i enjoyed myself and i am proud of myself for having stepped out into the world and having faced my fears, and having a nice time. No matter what happens, i'm proud and grateful that this happened because it's a developmental step in my journey and i take nothing but positives.

The girl was mellow and nice to talk to and she even let me drive her home nearby. I take it as a positive that she could decide not to go out with me again and i would not be bummed out at all really because i take that as a sign of maturity from my part. As she left my car she said that we could go on another date if i liked so that's nice.

It's definitely possible folks, good luck out there ;)

LonelyLurker 11-16-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Quicktion (Post 1091503674)
Hi, so...as part of my journey to become a new and better me, i got someone to go on a date with and i had a nice time. I won't over analyze it in the slightest and will rather go on my instincts, i enjoyed myself and i am proud of myself for having stepped out into the world and having faced my fears, and having a nice time. No matter what happens, i'm proud and grateful that this happened because it's a developmental step in my journey and i take nothing but positives.

The girl was mellow and nice to talk to and she even let me drive her home nearby. I take it as a positive that she could decide not to go out with me again and i would not be bummed out at all really because i take that as a sign of maturity from my part. As she left my car she said that we could go on another date if i liked so that's nice.

It's definitely possible folks, good luck out there ;)

Man, you're making strides, I hope some of the guys at a crossroads here will look at you as inspiration.

Keep it up. :smile2:

Entrensik 11-17-2017 12:58 AM

That's inspiring man, good job🙂👍 .

naes 11-17-2017 01:29 AM

Gratz man. I got a date tonight, we are going to see the new Thor movie. It should be fun. I just hope I'm not super tired during the date because I literally just woke up now O_o...

Vulnicura 11-17-2017 09:33 AM

Thanks everyone. :)

@naes Have fun!

naes 11-17-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Quicktion (Post 1091510298)
Thanks everyone. :)

@naes Have fun!

Thanks man. I'm about to cook myself up a pot of coffee right now cuz i can alrdy feel myself fading lol/

Kandice 11-17-2017 09:39 AM

Congrats! Have fun and I hope you get better and better and find much more happiness! :D

iAmCodeMonkey 11-17-2017 03:19 PM

Good luck man! :D

TheInvisibleHand 11-17-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naes (Post 1091508786)
Gratz man. I got a date tonight, we are going to see the new Thor movie. It should be fun. I just hope I'm not super tired during the date because I literally just woke up now O_o...

I am so happy for you that you finally got over Amber,i was really beginning to worry about your recent behaviour.

naes 11-17-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInvisibleHand (Post 1091512298)
I am so happy for you that you finally got over Amber,i was really beginning to worry about your recent behaviour.

I'm worrying about your behavior. Are you alright?

discoveryother 11-18-2017 01:29 AM

congrats mate. hope the next date goes just as well for you :)

teuton 11-18-2017 03:30 AM

Nice done man, what she said is definitely a good sign, been there know the feeling !
Looking forward to hear what you have done on the second date :)