Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Triumphs Over Social Anxiety (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   confronted my manager about something that was bothering me (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f9/confronted-my-manager-about-something-that-was-bothering-me-2226805/)

CharlieLizzie16 09-02-2019 10:55 PM

confronted my manager about something that was bothering me

A fair amount of my possible social anxiety focuses on people who I see as authority figures even if I think they are really nice, so I tend to get very anxious if I am going to talk to someone like a boss about anything more than casual conversation(if my boss wasn't as nice as she can be casual conversation might be included). Well, actually I guess I went to talk to her about about something and she knew what I was going to say before I finished, but because I actually started the conversation I feel like that is a big accomplishment for me. My coworker had received something for being with the company for x amount of time and I hadn't got anything though I had been there longer than her so I felt kind of weird about that but I think I was worried about sounding greedy or something. I asked the manager if I should have got what my coworker got as well and she said I should have and emailed someone higher up and I got it within a few days.

versikk 09-03-2019 10:20 PM

This is great. You challenged your SA and you righted a wrong!
Posted via Mobile Device

CharlieLizzie16 09-04-2019 02:18 PM

Thank you versikk!:)

DoubleDiagraph 11-28-2019 01:08 AM

Wow! Well done!

You should be so proud of yourself! You took the initiative and talked your manager, and things worked out so well. I know how daunting it can be to go talk to managers.

DoubleDiagraph 11-28-2019 01:15 AM

Even though SA can be so debilitating, when you overcome a fear or are brave enough to try something new, that feeling of pride in yourself and what you accomplished, regardless of how mundane or simple a task it is, is so, so special. People who dont have SA might confront their manager at any time and its no big deal, but the few times that I was strong enough to confront someone in authority are very special moments of my life that I still look back on with pride! I fought against that rush of fear and anxiety and almost threw in the towel and was ready to walk away but then I DID IT!

And then I can tell myself, look you've done it once so you can do it again! It only almost gave you a nervous breakdown beforehand. lol.