Applied for multiple Jobs - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Transient

Applied for multiple Jobs

I'm not sure if this is so much a triumph; but rarley do i make this kind of effort when it comes to work.

Over the last couple of days i've physically walked into 5 different places and given them my resume for this coming winter season in Switzerland. I was declined on the spot by two of the places due to lack of bar experience and not been able to speak French.

The other three places havn't gotten back to me yet; im not sure they will.

Feeling somewhat defeated, but strangely enough the more i get rejected the more determined i become. Usually i don't even try, heck i've never walked into a random place before and given my CV out.. but after that initial rejection.. it feels more like a game now, keep pushing and pushing until you get something.

Never felt more driven in my life.. so i guess it's sort of a triumph over anxiety because leading up to actually walking in to one of these places and asking for work was terrifying to the point of physical pain.

Feeling, optimistic. Hah.

He who binds to himself a joy
Doth the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sun rise.
- William Blake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 10:01 AM
foe
Live. Laugh. Learn

My Mood: Bored
That's the spirit, man. Keep at it. Somebody will give you a chance because of your assertiveness and determination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusx View Post
Feeling somewhat defeated, but strangely enough the more i get rejected the more determined i become.
That's how I felt this summer. I was getting some interviews so that gave me hope, and all I needed was a chance. I got that chance this past week, currently going through pre-employment stuff.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Alone

Language: English, Portuguese
My Mood: Crappy
Good for you, just keep trying! That's what i'm doing.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 08:41 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
That's awesome. Applying to jobs is something I've been avoiding lately due to the rising anxiety, so I definitely admire you. I'm scared to just apply online, it must be a zillion times more difficult in person! Keep it up and you'll find something
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Transient

Thanks everyone!

Yeah prior to this i've always applied online or by phone call. The thought of walking into a random place and asking for work not knowing what the answer would be was terrifying.. but a huge relief once i had done it.

Yeah im going to keep on trying, even if i lack the experience required or some essential skills.. hopefuly my eagerness may overshadow that and i'll get a chance somewhere..

He who binds to himself a joy
Doth the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sun rise.
- William Blake
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
kudos, and good luck! I'm looking for new work too. I fill out apps online (mostly looking out of state) but I'm hoping for actual interviews eventually.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"
Stan Lee, 1962
http://hypestyle.newsvine.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page