ANXIETY IN ANY FORM=PERFECTIONISM...not so bad is it - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

ANXIETY IN ANY FORM=PERFECTIONISM...not so bad is it

I guess it's a little bit relieving to learn that social anxiety and anxiety in general is just a form of perfectionism. I think sa is actually a combination of being a people pleaser, and having anxiety...anyone aggree? Of course it is some kind of "imbalance" too in our brains but that is because thought processes happen in the brain...anyways, it helps to learn that all it REALLY is, is that we ar ethinking the wrong way...WE are not flawed...our thinking is flawed. I really don't think it makes us weird, and it makes me a little mad that people on here say "we are weird" because the only reason we would think that would be because that is how other people may have described us...but if you think about, how many different definitions of weird are there? SOOO many...so if people dont know how to describe something or someone, if they can't put theirfinger on it...chances are they are just going to use the word weird. I don't think #1 that is the truth at all, and we should not think that either and #2 it doesnt help the core of the problem here, the anxiety, because that just digs us deeper in the ground thinking "oh no..everyone thinks im WEIRD now" ahah...so lets not let other people be the judge of this stupid thing, okay?!! Some perople are perfectionists in the way they do projects or other things, we are in the way that we dont want to mess up our own presentations of ourselves...now all we need to do is realize we need to lighten up on ourselves, and that mistakes are inevitable. It's like my favorite doctor suess quote....in which 75% of my sa disappears everytime i think of it..."be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind". I hope this kind of thinking sets you free and allows you to realize all you need to do is be yourself, accept yourself, flaws and all, and that is when you will find your friends and the people that are really worth YOUR time. After all, your life is all about YOU and your own well being. Sorry if this turned into some lecture haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 08:01 PM

A lot of SA is waaayyy too much introspection. Its actually better to speak before thinking and to just do and go with it rather than overthink. Thinking about how to do something perfectly and not taking action forever is worse than just taking action even if it is blind. You can correct yourself with action while without ur only analyzing and guessing.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLite
A lot of SA is waaayyy too much introspection. Its actually better to speak before thinking and to just do and go with it rather than overthink. Thinking about how to do something perfectly and not taking action forever is worse than just taking action even if it is blind. You can correct yourself with action while without ur only analyzing and guessing.
SO TRUE
couldnt have said it better

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page