Anxiety doesn't control my life anymore - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Anxiety doesn't control my life anymore

I have been dreaming of the day I could post on here and today is that day. I haven't felt the need to come on here in a while and I thought I'd share with everyone my triumphs. About 8 months ago i moved to a new city. I didn't know many people so I was pretty nervous about making new friends. Somehow the need for me to make new friends gave me the motivation to talk to people more and start to say things without thinking about them so much. Usually it is hard for me to have a conversation with a person because I need to constantly go over everything I'm going to say. I'm proud to say I don't do that anymore...all the time. I still have certain days where I need to process things and I still have conversations with people in my head days in advance preparing for what I might say and what they might say. But I don't feel anxiety everyday when I'm talking to people. My new best friends that I made are the best ones i've ever had. One is a girl too which I didn't think would ever happen. I've always wanted a girl best friend but I'm so terrible at talking to women. Having her in my life is such a blessing. I'm not nervous when I talk to her and it is helping me with my conversations with other women. Basically life is great and anxiety doesn't affect me every single day anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Fighting SA since 2005

My Mood: Asleep
Amazing

I congratulate you on your success. Funny sometimes you're so focused in the moment that you don't realize you have overcome a major obstacle. I recently managed to gain 2 very pretty girls as close friends after a long spell of having no friends, which is definitely what I need to help me talk to other women. This was the result of relocating to a new city 4 months ago, and I don't feel as anxious as before. Not quite overcome it, perhaps I need another 4 months

However. I must warn you that sometimes you may also not realize when the good times are over. Whatever you do, maintain contact at all costs, even be the one to take initiative, though you probably are aware of that already.

Hope you stick around, or even visit occasionally to post triumphs (:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page