Anxiety cured through Nutrition! - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 AM
speechless

My Mood: Sad
But i LOVE carbs!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJXl...?feature=watch

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrissyQ33
The biggest disease in the world today is the disease of ppl feeling unloved, unwanted & uncared for - Princess Diana
"Ppl are not nice therefore my life sucks" -Elin Larson
When shyness goes way beyond anything you could every imagine..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benofbens View Post
The brain runs on glucose(sugar). When you eliminate carbs, you don't get sugar. The liver will increase production of sugar, and you'll feel blah again. Ketones are not beneficial. Ketones are toxins from your fat cells literally rotting inside you. "Benign dietary ketosis" was a term to make it sound like a good thing.
Atkins, paleo, low carb - flush water from your body in the short term, and severely limit your overal caloric consumption. There's nothing magical about it, you eat less calories than you burn, you lose weight. Bottom line though: Your brain needs carbs to function properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benofbens View Post
And the "blah", from the liver upping sugar production, that would be insulin. It makes you tired, sluggish, and all that good stuff. Exercise opens the sugar receptors in every cell in the body, allowing for any excess sugar to be used as energy for the cells.

^This!
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Goodbye for now SASers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyQ View Post
But i LOVE carbs!
Me too I like them because they are yummy and because they are filling

If all of the outcasts could join together and unite, I think we would all be very, very happy. If only, if only.

post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
SAS Member

me too

I LOVE YOU
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
SAS Member

Awesome share, I'm going to try this paleo diet! Even if it just makes me feel more alive i'd say it's worth it...

Thanks!!

I've Tried CBT, NLP, Exposure, and none of it worked for me. I'm now having great success with EFT, using this specific course designed for SAD sufferers by an Ex SAD sufferer, who overcame his own 10 yr + Social Anxiety Disorder WATCH HIS STORY OF HOW HE OVERCAME IT ON THIS VIDEO
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 PM
SAS Member

I'm restarting this diet again now.

Doing scd legal carbs. Fruit veg nuts

Then cheese meats. No yogurt which screwed me before.

Its a completely different consciousness when you do this.

It eliminated all my anxiety, but it was 4-5 months ago so I can't remember but this way of eating is so addictive because if you try going back to eating carby stuff like grains... its like your body wont feel truly fed.
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

god damn a peanut buster parfait sounds delicious right now!
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryobi View Post
god damn a peanut buster parfait sounds delicious right now!
Lol those are great
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 07:30 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas2012solar View Post
Lol those are great
I know, right God damn delicious!
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 08:24 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bacon View Post
Hello guys,

after going through tons of supplements/nootropics, positive mental exercises therapies, meditation, and starting to lose hope... I found the cause of my anxiety.

Turns out... sugar was the big culprit! I read a few articles on the internet linking sugar and depression. I did not think it was a problem for me, as I was on a rather healthy diet and ate less than 130g of carbs per day (which is already less than the norm). However I decided to cut out all carb consumption for a few days just to see. And to my surprise, my depression, anxiety, fatigue, sluggishness all disappeared.

I went on a diet called "paleo", which consists on replacing all carbs with additional amounts of fat to provide energy. Similar to the Atkins diet, but in a healthier version.

I am now full of energy all day long. My brain is alert, my concentration is through the roof! And social interactions are much more smooth. I feel laidback all day long! Social anxiety has vanished.

I thought I'd share my story!

Keep trying to find the cure to your mental disorders, one day you might stumble on a solution which is more simple than you anticipated. That being said, not everybody has a body chemistry similar to mine, so everybody has to find their own cure.

The field of functional medecine is rather interesting, and that's where I'd look if I were you.
Given that I've tried everything else and failed, I'm tempted to give this a go. But the temptations would be so great.
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Permanently Banned

What did you drink besides water??
post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 08:39 AM

What suppresses anxiety for me is a full stomach and a well-rested body.
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 AM
SAS Member

Hmm...I think I might try it. Why not?
post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 11:12 PM
SAS Member

Ketosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bacon View Post
We have to find the right balance. The goal is to stay in what is called a "ketosis state". Which is a state in which the body relies on its own fat reserves rather than on sugars.
Hi,
It sounds like this experiment is working for ya! That's great. I want to point something out, however. "Ketosis" is defined as a condition in which the body has an abnormally high level of ketones in the body...which may be associated with abnormal fat metabolism and diabetes mellitus. Also, the most efficient fuel source for the human body is glucose. Our bodies can convert other micromolecules (lipids, amino acids, nucleotids) into glucose via hepatocytes in the liver, but this is less efficient. That being said, I think the reason why you are experiencing positive effects from lessening your sugars is because you have lessened the junk food. So I don't think that cutting out all carbs is necessary or even advisable. However, I shall cut back on my sugar (of which I am so fond) and see what the affects are. How long does this usually take?
~Mayonesa
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 03:00 PM
SAS Member

I think this is going to be an excellent part of the recovery process, but I'm not sure that it would do much for effecting one's beliefs, which for many people are the root cause of their SAD.

Still, I'm going to give it a shot, I'll post a video on my video thread about it when I do, and discuss the results:

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...idence-230974/

I've Tried CBT, NLP, Exposure, and none of it worked for me. I'm now having great success with EFT, using this specific course designed for SAD sufferers by an Ex SAD sufferer, who overcame his own 10 yr + Social Anxiety Disorder WATCH HIS STORY OF HOW HE OVERCAME IT ON THIS VIDEO
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 11:14 PM
SAS Member

Really interesting post, I've wondered sometimes if my anxiety could disappear with a healthier lifestyle. Actually i don't need to wonder, when I was about 16 for a span of 8 months I had no anxiety because I walked 10+ miles a week and ate healthier. I was very relaxed. Even now I know what especially fuels my anxiety and that is anything with caffiene. Drink pop or eat chocolate, end up feeling like a paranoid addict. Even eating fatty foods that give me heartburn can trigger my panicky self because when I don't feel great overall my anxiety acts up.
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 06:11 AM
SAS Member

I realize this thread is a couple of years old, but I really want to know what happened, Mr. Bacon. I googled "carbs anxiety" and this thread was one of the results. I'm not crazy about the idea of a paleo or low carb diet, but if it would cure my anxiety it would be totally worth it.

It seems like the effects didn't last, though, and I was wondering if the diet stopped working for you or if you stopped following the diet for some reason. Thanks in advance if you should happen to see this and reply....
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 04:41 PM
SAS Member

I've always been a believer that diet doesn't have a big impact on anything as long as you eat healthy.

I am not a dessert person, and have always stayed away from sugars and junk food. But maybe it's the lack of sugar in my diet that's affecting my behavior. I only eat rice, protein (fish and chicken mostly) and vegetables. Maybe I need to find out where my deficiencies are and start adding new foods to my diet!
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 05:15 PM
happy i dodged a bullet

My Mood: Cheerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by rymo View Post
I've been eating healthy for years and I still have SA, who woulda guessed. I don't think eating differently can automatically CURE SA..it takes much more than that as far as I'm concerned but if it actually works for you, more power to you.

Right every1 is different b/c were all individuals.. so what works for one won't work for another....(not trying to be a downer..just don't want peepz to get their hopes so high and put their eggs in 1 basket and get disappointed)

there's a different answer for every1 : 3

🎵I wake up everyday celebrating sh(I)t why? BC I just dodged a bullet from a crazy b(I)tch🎵 I realized I cant fix broken people...i tried.. I cant help someone who wont take accountability.for where they went wrong...but its okay..bc I'll always be fine. No sleep will be lost, ....the video below is me, basically.

Always thank someone for showing their true colors.. Now you see them for who them are and can cut them off

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page