A Breakthrough maybe??? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

A Breakthrough maybe???

It has been a while since I have been on this site. I think sometimes I don't like to go just because I don't like to think I have a "problem" but anyway the point of my ramblings is this...I moved into a new town and am going to be helping out at the churches youth group in town. I want to meet new people but HATE the horribly long awkwardness of meeting new people. So anyway I usually go with my husband and he didn't make it so I went.....on my own. Well my sister in law was there but I don't really know her either. So I was miserable the whole time before the actual sermon part. I walked around in and out of the room, trying to act like I had a place to be and something to do. Well right after church I jetted out of there and pretty much had a breakdown. I drove out to a dirt road and cried and cried and cried. I AM DONE WITH THIS SA GOD. So...after I "faced my own demons" I came home and felt.....better. The next few days I was a completely different person, being myself around others and not worried what they thought, I was a little worried that it would go away but you know what? I think I am getting stronger....baby steps....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Super Beaver

Hey that's great! Hope things keep getting better for ya
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 01:24 PM
SAS Member

Yep, that's the key, you may have setbacks but you have to learn to get back up and keep fighting. It's only when you give up and give in that you loose! I hope moving to a new town will give you lots of opportunities to meet new people.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page