1 Month Later… - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

1 Month Later…

So last month on July 29 I finally told my parents that I needed help and that I had SA (after having it for over a decade…). They didn’t make a big deal out of it which was nice and unexpected and the next day I went to get meds and then see a therapist. I have been on Celexa for 28 days and its done wonders. No side effects and my family and I have noticed a big difference. Started my third year of college a few days ago and the comparison between this year so far and the first two years is ridiculous. I haven’t felt anxious about going out and about and I am actually talking to a few people in my classes.

Long way to go still but it is insane to think how much can change in just 4 weeks.

Anyways, I am taking 20mg of Celexa, and I went to a therapist 4 times and that was very helpful (looking for a new one near college now).

If you haven’t ever sought help for your SA I strongly urge you to do so. I was apprehensive about getting help because I didn’t think it would do me any good, but obviously it has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Koala Crisp

Nice job. Glad the meds are helping
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 09:27 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 0 View Post
I have been on Celexa for 28 days and its done wonders. No side effects and my family and I have noticed a big difference. Started my third year of college a few days ago and the comparison between this year so far and the first two years is ridiculous. I haven’t felt anxious about going out and about and I am actually talking to a few people in my classes.
That's great to hear. Having a new perspective is a wonderful thing. Way to take a stand against your SA!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page