"Online Therapy" for Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia) - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

Old 01-27-2015, 05:05 PM
SAS Member

I have a lot of social aniexty, hard to look my own brother in the eyes when we speak sometimes. I feel it inside me when I pass a person who is extroverted, I feel like I'm all shaky inside, and the worst fear is that they'll notice me as shy. I fear that the most and will try anything to mask that. Cause I need to always look super confident. I put a lot of pressure on myself to uphold that look. For some reason I put this belief in my head that if an extroverted person sees me shy my whole world will crumble. I know it's a fake fear but it's so hard to shake. And I feel the other person will see my shyness and be shocked and act like they have never seen anything like this before, when I know everyone has some degree of shyness in them. I hate shyness!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2015, 05:21 PM
SAS Member

Also, my shyness I really see it as a hugh life hindering problem. I think about it everyday. I wish I can just power over it and say, it's not a hugh part of my everyday life, it's a small glitch in my life. Because by saying its a hugh part of life, I feed the fear 100 % which to me is a terrible thing to do. I don't want to feed this fear anymore!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:17 PM
SAS Member

Dr. Richards author of "Overcoming Social Anxiety", the step by step program offers online therapy sessions. I would definitely recommend that over any other. I would do it if I had a more serious case of anxiety, but I don't so am going to erase my fears by reading the book and practicing on the general public. My ultimate goal is to join toastmasters and give speeches.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:07 PM
SAS Member

I tried to do 1 or 2 research studies, but I didn't even get through them, it was boring and not helpful.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Stronger than yesterday▲

This thread is business as its height.

[Status : recovering step by step. ]

« Rejection is not fatal; it is merely someone’s opinion. »

Always up for a good chat.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Reforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberh98 View Post
I actually had a great experience with a new online program called "Learn to Live."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxBritannica View Post
http://www.learntolive.com/ costs 950 dollars, does anyone else have a problem with psychiatrists making money out of the supposed help they give
yes, roberH is obviously affiliated with that website,
and i think all the information to heal ourselves is already for free available one way or another.

social anxiety is just in the mind it doesnt not need expensive medical treatment.
accepting ourselves and our lives and our position in life, is the most healing thing we can do.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to fears, addictions and depression, and many enter through it."

So he said to the Socially Anxious People: "Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves."

"Truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - The cure
Old 04-07-2015, 07:34 AM
SAS Member

I don't know if this applies but ive been listening to a range of cognitive behavioural therapy podcasts and SA podcasts on youtube for free. They have been quite helpful for me.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:19 PM
SAS Member

Hi
Old 05-29-2016, 07:03 PM
SAS Member

Location: Australia. Feel free to have a chat whoever you are. I'm nice I promise ^.^. Skype - mrvissero
My Mood: Devilish
Have you ever considered letting your fears just be? I know this sounds nuts and for years I put on a fake serious, tough guy macho look. But it's just that an act. Why not embrace your fears and if they give you funny looks who cares? It's okay to be shy and we all experience it at some point.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:13 AM
SAS Member

Yeah, I think that there may be hope in these paid therapy sites but I really believe that anyone can create a "social anxiety cure" that is not real, and sell it on the market without getting in trouble.

No disrespect to the therapy sites already mentioned here but, that is what I believe. We've really gone through enough already and why should we pay for something that we should really get for free.