"Online Therapy" for Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Community and Website Administrator

Language: Test123
My Mood: Cheerful

"Online Therapy" for Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia)

What has your experience been with online therapy? Positive? Negative? Neutral?

Was it for a commercial website or for a research study? What website or study was it?

What kind of therapy was used (e.g. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy)?

How did you view the experience overall?

For more information, please see our Online Therapy page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Silverwolf94

Online Therapy did absolutely nothing for me. I think because the therapy itself wasn't anxious for me (face to face) with someone it made it more useless.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 05:59 AM
SAS Member

LearntoLive

I actually had a great experience with a new online program called "Learn to Live." I was introduced to it through a friend who knew I was struggling, and though I was skeptical, I was willing to give it a try. I was tired of doing nothing about my anxiety or not seeing improvement from weekly counseling sessions. In this program, I revisited concepts learned in counseling, but I got to work through the program at my own pace. It was easy to use, non-threatening, and addressed my anxiety about food, which I thought would be too specific for it to catch. It provided challenges for me such as fear facing and diving deep into your automatic thoughts. By the end of the program, I was able to successfully go on my first date with my current boyfriend, something that was nearly impossible for me previous to my use of the program.

I would highly recommend the use of the online Learn to Live program. I was really helped by it, as long as you stick with it and take the homework seriously. Here is a link to the website: http://www.learntolive.com/

Hope this helps, and keep fighting that anxiety! You can do it if you are determined to beat it!!

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
SAS Member

^ thank you Robert, I am looking into the site, it is offering a free enrollment for 90 days, so I guess it is worth a shot

sorry for my bad English, not a native English speaker
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Educated Anxiety

They've done a good job with presenting it. It seems like it's worth a shot.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 02:23 PM
SAS Member

http://www.learntolive.com/ costs 950 dollars, does anyone else have a problem with psychiatrists making money out of the supposed help they give
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Learn To Live Outreach

Correction Learn To Live Pricing

Hi PaxBritannica,
I am Stephen Bowie, Director of Member Outreach at Learn to Live. I'd like to correct some misinformation you seem to have found - the program is currently free for all users for a three month trial period (the normal price is $149 for the same period). At the end of the trial period, no charges will be made to any accounts unless an individual elects to continue using the program. One simply has to use the coupon code found on the website at <https://www.learntolive.com/get-started/> to sign up and use the program for free. If you have any questions about the program, or would like to share where you came across the misinformation about the price, please feel free to contact me directly via this site or at <[email protected]>.

Best,
Stephen Bowie
Director of Member Outreach
Learn To Live
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
SAS Member

I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. I have never tried it though it sounds interesting. I'd have to look into cost and if there's insurance involved.

http://indigoravenimagery.deviantart.com/ Check my DA page.
https://www.facebook.com/IndigoRavenImagery Like me on Facebook
Indigo Raven Imagery- Photography

Social Anxiety/Bi-polar/Depression.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 02:56 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL Outreach View Post
Hi PaxBritannica,
I am Stephen Bowie, Director of Member Outreach at Learn to Live. I'd like to correct some misinformation you seem to have found - the program is currently free for all users for a three month trial period (the normal price is $149 for the same period). At the end of the trial period, no charges will be made to any accounts unless an individual elects to continue using the program. One simply has to use the coupon code found on the website at <https://www.learntolive.com/get-started/> to sign up and use the program for free. If you have any questions about the program, or would like to share where you came across the misinformation about the price, please feel free to contact me directly via this site or at <[email protected]>.

Best,
Stephen Bowie
Director of Member Outreach
Learn To Live
hi wanted to try this site, but don't see the coupon code. Could i get some help with that.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Learn To Live Outreach

New Coupon Code for 30% Discount

Thanks for the inquiry. The coupon code you're referring to was tied to a unique promotion and expired at the end of July. That said, we're always trying to work with people who suffer from social anxiety to get them the help they need. We're currently offering a 30% discount to anyone using the updated coupon code LIVENOW1. We're excited for your interest in the Program and hope you'll join our community. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 AM
SAS Member

Not sure if this site is any good but its for all sorts of things including SA and its free. Its based in Oz but you can use it anywhere around the world.
https://ecouch.anu.edu.au/welcome
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 02:53 PM
SAS Member

This thread in 2012 so I'm wondering if anyone has tried the program between now and then?

$150 isn't bad to give it a whirl. I think I will email and see if there will be another promotional offer coming up as always nice to save some $$$ though.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 11:14 AM
SAS Member

So I received a reply from the site and while they don't have a 30% promotional offer coming up (it was just when they were getting the site going), they did offer $50.00 off so it's only $99.00.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 04:20 PM
SAS Member

For me, it's neutral. Some may works depending on the concentration.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 02:03 PM
SAS Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences with this. Looks like they just launched a new forum too for members to support each other through the program, which seems like a good addition.

Has anyone else tried this particular program?
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 01:18 PM
SAS Member

I am just about through the online course about Social Anxiety at Learn to Live. It's about $150 so if you can afford that I'd recommend it. If you can't a workbook would be good albeit not as multimodal/interactive.

The course is self-paced but if you fall behind L2L sends prompts which is kind of nice if you are a bit of a procrastinator. The content is straightforward and simple to understand. There's lots of encouragement to do the fear facing exercises and it's done in small doses so I didn't find it overwhelming.

I have not seen the new forum so must check that out. They do have a feature where you can have "Teammates" from your life, people who will cheer you on basically.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 09:29 PM
SAS Member

I think therapy online sounds like it could be useful if you live in a rural area where there just are not a lot of therapists around. But the rates they charge...makes me feel like I would probably be getting scammed. I know they need to make a living and all, but still. I guess I felt the same with a face-to-face therapist too, though...

I never really know whether my therapist really wants to help or is just doing it for the money. Charging by the minute, or even by the hour makes it all seem monetary to me.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 09:33 PM
SAS Member

https://thiswayup.org.au/self-help/shyness/

That one is free, haven't done it yet due to low motivation, it is Australian, no idea if it works outside of Australia
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 01:07 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberh98 View Post
I actually had a great experience with a new online program called "Learn to Live." I was introduced to it through a friend who knew I was struggling, and though I was skeptical, I was willing to give it a try. I was tired of doing nothing about my anxiety or not seeing improvement from weekly counseling sessions. In this program, I revisited concepts learned in counseling, but I got to work through the program at my own pace. It was easy to use, non-threatening, and addressed my anxiety about food, which I thought would be too specific for it to catch. It provided challenges for me such as fear facing and diving deep into your automatic thoughts. By the end of the program, I was able to successfully go on my first date with my current boyfriend, something that was nearly impossible for me previous to my use of the program.

I would highly recommend the use of the online Learn to Live program. I was really helped by it, as long as you stick with it and take the homework seriously. Here is a link to the website: http://www.learntolive.com/

Hope this helps, and keep fighting that anxiety! You can do it if you are determined to beat it!!
roberh98 joined this site, made one post to promote L2L, and disappeared. Not that I would suggest his/her (whatever) post was actually from made by L2L.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 11:15 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberh98 View Post

Hmmm, 1 and only post to endorse a business. Seems legit.....
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page