Hypnotherapy - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 09:53 PM
SAS Member

With hypnotherapy (where it's applicable) it's about unlocking the issue from your SM and dealing with the problem completely not transferring it to an inanimate object. I think it sounds like you are referring to things that simply don't apply to hypnotherapy which is why you're so dark on it perhaps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 02:03 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiccups View Post
With hypnotherapy (where it's applicable) it's about unlocking the issue from your SM and dealing with the problem completely not transferring it to an inanimate object. I think it sounds like you are referring to things that simply don't apply to hypnotherapy which is why you're so dark on it perhaps.
Yes your right , an the things you mean are real mental illness, not somthing you want to forget, or stop smokeing , or anxierty about flying. That is all i have been saying all through this thread. It will not cure complex mental illness thats all ,you seem to imform people it will. So if change your atitude towards mental illness an stop giveing posters false hope an we will be fine.Please dont give one of your complex answers, as being mentally ill , its like me haveing hypnotherapy it just wont register
post #43 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 03:08 AM
SAS Member

there are many different forms of mental illness and hypnotherapy can help with a number of those, but not all.. it's a huge blanket statement to say hypnotherapy is a huge pile of wank and can't help anyone with any form of mental illness.

post #44 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:37 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
there are many different forms of mental illness and hypnotherapy can help with a number of those, but not all.. it's a huge blanket statement to say hypnotherapy is a huge pile of wank and can't help anyone with any form of mental illness.
Now you are twisting what i said, i said complex mental illness , not every day mild depression , that in remission i just get on with . Where other,s would think it the end of the world an run to hypnotherapy. When all they need a minor life change, an the the depression will disapear forever all by its self. Mild an cronic depression, anxierty an cronic anxierty are light years apart, an you should know the difference before you answered this thread .
post #45 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:43 AM
SAS Member

Did I? hhmmm dunno about that.. but I do know you did when you suggested that I informed people in this thread that hypnotherapy will cure complex mental illness. oops.
post #46 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:56 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Did I? hhmmm dunno about that.. but I do know you did when you suggested that I informed people in this thread that hypnotherapy will cure complex mental illness. oops.
funny i read , i said you seem to, not you do. People on the forum ,some dont know the dirrerence from mild to cronic mental illness, and i dont want them draging there loved one,s to some hypnotherapist , who like you has limitted experience apart from a few studies an you saying it cured me.
post #47 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 08:38 PM
SAS Member

assumptions assumptions. Look you obviously hate hypnotherapy so why are you even still posting in this thread?
No let me guess.... to tell anyone that may consider it or even show the slightest interest that's it's big big 'BS'?
post #48 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 12:43 AM
New mum to summer rose

Quote:
I've never gasped so much in a long time *looks at foxy*... you shoot down hypnotherapy faster than an Olympic grade shooter shoots down skeets based on your own bad experiences. I'm sorry you feel the way you do but one negative post of you bashing hypnotherapy is more than enough...don't ya think? If you don't like it then cool ...go and read other threads yeah?

Obviously I'm all for hypnotherapy and believe success is based largely on the individuals feelings regarding hypnotherapy and the skills of the practitioner. Also if you can focus on a television for more than ten minutes and fall asleep at night then you have the ability to be hypnotised, if you have tried and failed it's most likely related to those two points I mentioned.

When we dream at night that is our subconscious mind communicating with us in symbols and analogies. There are times when our SM will express issues and problems that we have in indirect ways that we may not understand. Tapping into the SM through hypnotherapy is like creating a direct link bypassing the conscious mind allowing us to find issues that we may not even be aware are causing us problems and resolve them to be able to function better in life.

In a way I see the views that are against hypnotherapy to be akin to saying dreams are stupid and pointless. >_<
sorry but who are you directing this post at?
I am for having hypnotherapy personally

"Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not? "
RFK quoting George Bernard Shaw

Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?-Abraham Lincoln
post #49 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 12:53 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisa1536 View Post
sorry but who are you directing this post at?
in the post if you actually read it it says *looks at foxy*. So yeah foxy ... the person who I've been discussing the topic back and forth with over the last two pages!! >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisa1536 View Post
I am for having hypnotherapy personally
me too! wow! who would of thunk it! lols! I'm also all for reading funny enough.
post #50 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 AM
SAS Member

look all i can say is i am metally ill, an tried hypnotheropy twice, not once twice. both times i was promised the world an received SFA. only an empty bank ballance. Im not talking out my a*** i have actually had it . im not giveing view,s on something i havent tried, like a lot of poster,s . i give view,s on personal experience an i think it is not for mentally ill , you say it is , i say it aint. Its like you you go have treatment, like it an set yourself up as a hypnotheropist, bull**** i am a bricklayer but it took me 10 years to become the best. you read a few books take a test a kid of 12 could pass an your a hypnptherpoist free to charge the puplic untold amouts. I would not have build someone a house, with such poor experience. you have no medical qualification, so you are a quack in the eyes of the medical profession, leeching of gullable puplic. You can go to a gp with the same probs you treat, an a halfhour talk an a little love an care , curred all for free . Something complexed will take months with no garantee you can cure them ,a win win for you ,an a 1 in a hundred chance for the patient,
post #51 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 02:15 AM
SAS Member

I don't really care for your experiences to be honest my contention has always been that you can't call something BS based purely on and only on your experiences. For a lot of people it does work, sorry.
post #52 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
I don't really care for your experiences to be honest my contention has always been that you can't call something BS based purely on and only on your experiences. For a lot of people it does work, sorry.
YOU DONT CARE ABOUT MY EXPERIENCES, what sort of theropist are you a sadistic one by the sound of it. You summed yourself up in that one sentence. goodbye.
post #53 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 10:53 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
YOU DONT CARE ABOUT MY EXPERIENCES, what sort of theropist are you a sadistic one by the sound of it. You summed yourself up in that one sentence. goodbye.
Who said I was a therapist? As a random person on the internetz you've given me plenty of reasons to not be interested in your life story. Ciao!
post #54 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Everyone calm down. Let's focus on discussion of the treatment and not directing comments directly at other users personally.
post #55 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 08:05 PM
SAS Member

I'm trying this on Friday. I researched and found a good, reputable hypnotherapist. I don't expect miracles, but I'm hoping for the best. If nothing else, I hope this guy can help me with my blushing problem.
post #56 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe View Post
I'm trying this on Friday. I researched and found a good, reputable hypnotherapist. I don't expect miracles, but I'm hoping for the best. If nothing else, I hope this guy can help me with my blushing problem.
Hi,

Hope it helps - I have had hypnotherapy a few times - years ago - and it definitely helped at the time. I see last year some people were getting all worked up about it - it's funny because I can remember that the person with which I felt I received the most help, was in fact the least qualified. I would pay no attention to the argument above - just go with an open mind. A lot, to me , seemed to depend on how I felt with the person conducting the session - it had nothing to do with whether they were a doctor or not. The methods used are essentially fairly simple, so it just takes someone that can explain it to you well.

Best of luck to you anyway,

Don.
post #57 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 11:19 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don36 View Post
Hi,

Hope it helps - I have had hypnotherapy a few times - years ago - and it definitely helped at the time. I see last year some people were getting all worked up about it - it's funny because I can remember that the person with which I felt I received the most help, was in fact the least qualified. I would pay no attention to the argument above - just go with an open mind. A lot, to me , seemed to depend on how I felt with the person conducting the session - it had nothing to do with whether they were a doctor or not. The methods used are essentially fairly simple, so it just takes someone that can explain it to you well.

Best of luck to you anyway,

Don.
Interesting. Thanks. Did you actually "wake up" from your session like out of a deep sleep and could you remember everything the doctor told you?
post #58 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 11:35 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Interesting. Thanks. Did you actually "wake up" from your session like out of a deep sleep and could you remember everything the doctor told you?
Hi again,

It's not like you're asleep or anything - it's more like you're just very relaxed. The best part is that you can teach yourself. I'm really glad you put this on here, and that I came across this thread, as it's reminded me about hypnotherapy - it's something that I've always thought would be worth continuing with, but I had it a very long time ago - about 20 years, so I can't actually remember all of the details, like whether I remembered everything the hypnotherapist said. Sorry about that. For a range of reasons I didn't have it more than a few times, but I think it's something worth looking into. I might just do it myself. Thanks.
post #59 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
You think you remember everything the hypnotherapist says because you don't remember the parts which you don't remember. I'm not being funny. I've hypnotized myself with a tape recorder, obviously knowing everything that's in the script. It's amazing to me that large parts of the script are absent from my memory after a specific "session" with myself.
post #60 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 AM
SAS Member

[QUOTE=SAS;1275195]Hypnotherapy is therapy that is undertaken with a subject in hypnosis. While being hypnotized doesn't have any specific therapeutic benefit, apart from the relaxation, a hypnotized person has certain characteristics, one of which is that suggestions given to hypnotized subjects are far more effective. Hypnotherapy is often used to modify a subject's behavior, emotional content and attitudes, as well as a wide range of conditions, including anxiety.

Having a hypnotherapy can be a great way to loss weight and quit smoking!!!
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page