Overcoming Social Anxiety: Step By Step Audio Program - Page 13 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #241 of 384 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 01:41 PM
SAS Member

I dont use keyword, it doesnt have any effect. Instead, when I become tense, I try to remember the feeling I have when I listen the tape. It helps me to relax in the most low anxiety situations and makes me feel better when I am not anxious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 384 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 01:53 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmat View Post
I dont use keyword, it doesnt have any effect. Instead, when I become tense, I try to remember the feeling I have when I listen the tape. It helps me to relax in the most low anxiety situations and makes me feel better when I am not anxious.
I see you've mentioned therapy groups. I also have no access to a group. Do you want to practice slow talk over skype voice call?
post #243 of 384 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 05:01 AM
SAS Member

Ok, I will contact you when I get some free time

post #244 of 384 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 02:49 AM
It's not over until I win

Just started this course. Been struggling with social anxiety since I was a young child but my parents never knew what was wrong at the time. Decades later a girlfriend helped me figure out what it was. There isn't much treatment options here in South Africa though so hoping this will help. Will post results as I go on.
post #245 of 384 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 04:37 PM
SAS Member

If you are doing this therapy, or thinking of starting it, Skype me.

Me and Dalmat already spoken over Skype and it's been great help!

Take care
post #246 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 06:54 AM
SAS Member

I started this program twice but I haven't been consistent about the everyday practice. Now, I just start again hopefully I'll find a group to share with. My problem is there's no so much motivation!
post #247 of 384 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 09:50 AM
SAS Member

when i approach a situation with all this relaxsation calmness and peace it makes me freeze up, but if i try to get exited or pump my self op i sometimes feel better, and dont think i get precived so negativ. i dont know if i do the ting wrong?
post #248 of 384 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 06:04 AM
SAS Member

404 Not Found - Link is broken.
post #249 of 384 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 10:17 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmat View Post
Not so successful part: I still feel the same amount of self consciousness in public places, not always, but 70% of time I feel as bad as before therapy.
I have only recently overcome this feeling of self-consciousness in public places. I wasn't comfortable eating alone or going to the movies alone.

It's not enough to just stop thinking about what others are thinking about you. You have to replace that habitual thought activity with a new activity. I focus on experiencing the moment without thought the same way one experiences a sunset.

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”

― Kurt Vonnegut
post #250 of 384 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 11:03 AM
SAS Member

post #251 of 384 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 02:11 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelClare View Post
I have only recently overcome this feeling of self-consciousness in public places. I wasn't comfortable eating alone or going to the movies alone.

It's not enough to just stop thinking about what others are thinking about you. You have to replace that habitual thought activity with a new activity. I focus on experiencing the moment without thought the same way one experiences a sunset.
I was stuck for some time because I didnt know what to do next on my hierarchy list, so I lost motivation. Now I am starting again.

I am working on public self consciousness more intensively now by looking into peoples faces and doing small "uncomfortable" things, like dropping something on the floor in front of people or so.

Liebowitz SA scale: Then 82, Now 74.
post #252 of 384 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 02:21 PM
SAS Member

Smile

Reg:Social Anxiety related problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC132 View Post
If I could, I would share it with everyone here for free, but I know Dr. Richards would shoot me if I did.

This is a very good program, albeit LONG and sort of boring, but is it worth $260?!
IMO, $260 is a small fee for how much it could improve your life, for the rest of your life.

In the above posts, they said repeating the handouts over and over is the determining factor to the success of this program and that's the truth!--I would compare it to studying for a test, except with no written test, hehe.
Dear Sir,
I am suffering from SA/SP,Depression related problems since ten years.I am basically poor background i am not afford to purchase Dr.Richards audio series "Overcome Social Anxiety step by step" and related handouts so can you send personally to my mail id is [email protected] so that it helps to overcome SA problems.i am greatfull to you listen audio series and excerises to sustain our family and help me to do work in my life.

Once again thankful to you.....:
post #253 of 384 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 10:25 AM
SAS Member

New Audio/Video Series Almost Complete
The new audio/video series will be available in June and will be announced on this list.

The book (306 pages of cognitive strategies) that accompanies the new audio/video series is already available through Amazon.com and you can purchase it now.

"Overcoming Social Anxiety: Step By Step" by Dr. Richards is a completely revised version of the therapy series and handout book, along with many additional videos, audio strategies from local group participants, therapy songs, an ever growing Q&A section, diagrams, posters, user submitted content, and more. Stay tuned!
post #254 of 384 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 10:44 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StimulateYourBrain View Post
New Audio/Video Series Almost Complete
The new audio/video series will be available in June and will be announced on this list.

The book (306 pages of cognitive strategies) that accompanies the new audio/video series is already available through Amazon.com and you can purchase it now.

"Overcoming Social Anxiety: Step By Step" by Dr. Richards is a completely revised version of the therapy series and handout book, along with many additional videos, audio strategies from local group participants, therapy songs, an ever growing Q&A section, diagrams, posters, user submitted content, and more. Stay tuned!
Do you know if this book and audio series are drastically different from the current one? If I have the current one, would I want to switch? I'm not too far in the old one yet (audio 5)
post #255 of 384 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 11:00 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoms View Post
Do you know if this book and audio series are drastically different from the current one? If I have the current one, would I want to switch? I'm not too far in the old one yet (audio 5)
I dont know yet. I just bought the handout, and Waiting for it to arrive, so havent read it yet. I dont know if i have enough money to buy the audio/video
post #256 of 384 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 10:11 AM
SAS Member

I just downloaded this last night and plan to begin listening to the lessons tonight. I hope it works. Any advice on how best to use this program would be greatly appreciated.
post #257 of 384 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 08:28 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macvulin View Post
I just downloaded this last night and plan to begin listening to the lessons tonight. I hope it works. Any advice on how best to use this program would be greatly appreciated.
Everything is explained on the tapes. I am doing this more than a year now. Sometimes i feel almost like I dont have SA, but every few weeks i have two or three bad days.

Im stuck with the behavioral therapy. I always do the same things: Going to the coffe shops alone, buying clothes, waiting in the cashier lines, going to the beach.

I have no idea what should be my next step, everything bigger than that seems too scary. My progress stagnates for the long time now.

Liebowitz SA scale: Then 82, Now 74.
post #258 of 384 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 11:42 AM
SAS Member

Hey guys, I've began this treatment again (I tried it back on 2007 or 2008 I think, but didn't get pass the first session. I guess my English wasn't so good back then nor was my discipline :P).

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...s-log-1047385/

I've got two question about the first session:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyForeigner View Post
Something I've been wondering while reading some of the statements he asks us to read is if I should translate them to my native language or not. I'm pretty much fluent in English, so I'm not sure if it's that necessary.

Any of you guys that have tried this treatment and are not English native speakers have translated the statements from the handout?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyForeigner View Post
I have one question though: I kind of got confused about the third exercise for this first week. Should we say the Thought Stoppage sentence before every Rational Coping Statements? Should we say it once and then move to saying the Rational Coping Statements we chose and then repeat this process? Also, on the audio tracks Dr. Richards talks about choosing between 3 or 4 Coping Statements, but on the handout it says 2 or 3, and he also doesn't talk about using Thought Stoppage before the Coping Statements on the audio version.

That's it, see ya!
post #259 of 384 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 09:32 AM
SAS Member

thumps up. highly recommended
post #260 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 09:37 PM
SAS Member

Face

You know what I thought was really interesting? In the introduction he talks about how many people with SAD have body dysmorphic issues surrounding facial features (ie: mouth, lips, etc). I have always felt self-conscious about my nose and strategically use my hair and makeup to distract from this perceived imperfection. I guess I never realized this could be part of my SAD. Any of you have a similar story?
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page