Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Supplements (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f56/)
-   -   Which vitamins / amino acids have helped you? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f56/which-vitamins-amino-acids-have-helped-you-2228137/)

socialwish 10-22-2019 11:15 AM

Which vitamins / amino acids have helped you?

Which vitamins / amino acids have helped you?

For me I believe zinc, 5htp, dl-phenyalanine and B-complex have at times helped.

EmotionlessThug 10-23-2019 08:23 AM

Protein drink.

RelinquishedHell 10-23-2019 10:27 AM

Antarctic krill oil helped me a lot with mental clarity. You're looking at like $30 for a month supply though

andy1984 10-23-2019 10:30 AM

pretty much all of them. they're so helpful for being alive lol.

but I just take multivitamin and b complex or whatever they call it. vegan so need b12. but also eat foods fortified with b12. and LSA with my breakfast. and try to eat green veges a decent amount.

WillYouStopDave 10-23-2019 11:21 AM

Not a vitamin but coffee helps me enormously (it does cause a little jitter but it's better than foggy headed stupor I usually am in without it)

B Complex

Yer Blues 10-23-2019 03:35 PM

Coffee enema.

WillYouStopDave 11-05-2019 02:22 AM

I'm thinking about trying an L-theanine/caffeine 2:1 supplement. I don't think I've tried that before (I mean, other than just drinking green tea). I tried l-theanine by itself and the results were abysmal (which means it didn't seem to do anything at all and was expensive).

I will end up having to go to a local vitamin store to get it probably.

Vacateer 11-18-2019 11:46 AM

Vitamin D, bc Asians are notorious for Vitamin D deficiency. If you have trouble keeping a normal sleeping schedule, L-theanine is amazing, well for me anyway.

WillYouStopDave 11-18-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vacateer (Post 1093839445)
Vitamin D, bc Asians are notorious for Vitamin D deficiency. If you have trouble keeping a normal sleeping schedule, L-theanine is amazing, well for me anyway.

L-theanine is good but it seems to work better in it's natural form in tea. The L-theanine pills don't seem to work as well (and sometimes don't seem to do anything).

millenniumman75 12-13-2019 01:57 PM

I take vitamin D - a lot of people have deficiency in this vitamin and don't even know it! It takes a blood test to confirm the levels. My doctor even told me that he is deficient and takes the vitamin. He told me that it would be a very good idea to take it particularly in the "darker months" - for the North, it's September to March. Otherwise, I am out in the sun enough (I go to my "beach" in Ohio :lol) during the brighter months.

I also take Magnesium. It helps with nerves and muscle recovery <- that helps with my running.

For a while, I took Alpha-lipoic acid for assistance in weight loss when I was on Paxil.