St. John's Wort - Page 12 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #221 of 231 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 11:56 PM
SAS Member

Has anyone experienced tolerance with St. John's Wort?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 231 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 09:44 AM
SAS Member

Like so many of these things, I've had a love hate relationship with SJW. (Taken mainly for anxiety but mood support as well.) On one hand, I feel I'm more creative on it. (I like to write). On the other hand, despite it supposedly making you have positive thoughts, I find myself moodier and getting more annoyed by the little things than when I'm off it. I'm also a little more scatterbrained and don't remember things as well on it.

It wasn't entirely negative, but I've now sworn it off because it messes with my temper too much.

I don't see too many people say that's happened with them, so maybe it's just unique with me though.
post #223 of 231 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 07:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterSADman View Post
Like so many of these things, I've had a love hate relationship with SJW. (Taken mainly for anxiety but mood support as well.) On one hand, I feel I'm more creative on it. (I like to write). On the other hand, despite it supposedly making you have positive thoughts, I find myself moodier and getting more annoyed by the little things than when I'm off it. I'm also a little more scatterbrained and don't remember things as well on it.

It wasn't entirely negative, but I've now sworn it off because it messes with my temper too much.

I don't see too many people say that's happened with them, so maybe it's just unique with me though.
I love St. John's Wort! It makes me calmer and not think such negative thoughts. I feel like it helps me concentrate on my work and help me deal with the stress. I guess it's different for everyone, sorry you had that experience. I just wanted to know if there's a possibility of tolerance on it. ANYONE know?

post #224 of 231 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 07:51 PM
GrandCustodian of Synosis

I tried St Johns wort many times -- because I am so desperate for TORTURE and SUFFERING to end, i have sometimes tried things more than once. -- it has not worked at all

Im at a loss and dont understand posts where people say things work ,, i have never found anything to work at all except that very strong opioids work slightly on some symptoms and are "a little below mediocre". everything else is garbage instead of a little below mediocre. And I have had around 40 prescriptions was 13 doctors and dozens upon dozens of alternative supplements, treatments, meditations, hypnosis and more

Absolutely nothing ends the feeling of constant dysphoria and suffering.
post #225 of 231 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 11:33 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
I tried St Johns wort many times -- because I am so desperate for TORTURE and SUFFERING to end, i have sometimes tried things more than once. -- it has not worked at all

Im at a loss and dont understand posts where people say things work ,, i have never found anything to work at all except that very strong opioids work slightly on some symptoms and are "a little below mediocre". everything else is garbage instead of a little below mediocre. And I have had around 40 prescriptions was 13 doctors and dozens upon dozens of alternative supplements, treatments, meditations, hypnosis and more

St. John's Wort could take a while to take effect. It wasn't working fulling until like day 4 of taking 900 mgs a day (300mgs 3 times a day). For some people, it doesn't start working fully until like a month or a couple of weeks.

Now I take 300 or 600 mgs a day. Maybe you have something physically wrong with you, not mental. I heard on the Dr. Oz Show that some mental disorders could be caused by viruses, like strep, or with your thyroid.
post #226 of 231 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 04:06 AM
dragonbutterfly

My Mood: Fine
I am currently taking three 1800 mg tablets (Blackmore) spread over a course of one day. On my fifth day now.

Like other posts, it makes me feel calmer and my mind goes less towards the negative thoughts and over-analysing the social interactions during the day, allowing me to focus on the present task at hand.

However, sometimes anxiousness does override this feeling, but I've only just started taking St John's Wort so...

I'll see how I feel at the end of three weeks.

“It always shocked me when I realized that I wasn’t the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things.”
― John Green, Looking for Alaska
post #227 of 231 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 06:33 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Lonely
Does anyone use St Johns Wort as a tea? I've tried many many herbs so not sure it will have much impact on me, drinking some right now...
post #228 of 231 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 01:31 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried
After many SSRI side effects and withdrawals I really wanted to try a natural source. I have taken many SSRIs that have made me suicidal even tho I have never even thought of suicide.

I started this morning a MIX 300mg 3x per day + 200mg of Theanine. The theanine I will have to take at night since it seems to make me a bit tired. I am hoping for results because I hate SSRIs. ALL I ever had were horrible side effects, increased depression and even suicidal thoughts when I took them.
post #229 of 231 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:25 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
This stuff is horrendous, it has worse and more potential side effects than chemical anti-depressants with less potent desired effecst, it can easily cause photosensibilisation and irreversible stains on the skin

really dangerous and people should be warned about it
post #230 of 231 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:27 AM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Tried it for a while. Didn't do anything for me. Though neither did prescription meds.

I suspect it's mostly placebo effect.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #231 of 231 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 12:12 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post

I had similar experience , I stopped all medication and Xanax after 12 years from Being on different types of antidepressants that was in 2009 under doctor supervision.stoping mental medication or switching antidepressants is very difficult process .

*God give me strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
*grammer and spelling police are not welcome.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page