St. John's Wort - Page 11 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #201 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 03:39 PM
Hi/Hola

My Mood: Doubtful
So far, only very little improvement on first day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:56 PM
Hi/Hola

Day 2. About the same since yesterday.
post #203 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

My Mood: Mellow
So far I've been out of bed every day since taking them. However, I only had one really good day in terms of my overall mood. Today was rough but I'm starting to feel better.

Also my sleep has improved. Instead of straight up insomnia, I'm sleeping 3-4 hours at a time. It's still not much but I'm not waking up feeling drained, and I'm able to go back to sleep after waking up

post #204 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 09:59 PM
Hi/Hola

Day 3. A teeny bit better.
post #205 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 01:15 PM
SAS Member

Just bought some capsules from my local Pyramid Health and just took a capsule, will report back about any effects

EDIT: I have to say, I'm almost an hour in and my mood is feeling slightly better - will see how well this lasts
post #206 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

My Mood: Mellow
My conclusion so far is that it probably does work for mild to moderate depression. I see some improvements, but I am still miserable most of the time.

I'm hoping that with the combination of talk therapy, CBT and SJW that I can better manage the depression.
post #207 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 03:05 PM
SAS Member

I have been taking St.JW for about a week now and I can't tell if it is helping me or making me feel worse. I also take 2 vitamin B supplements religiously as those are supposedly good for your nerves...
post #208 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Hi/Hola

Day 8: Started actually feeling a bit better since yesterday despite we received tragic news at work about a co-worker. First time in three weeks I felt a bit more confident at work yesterday. I have my down moments still though, whenever I'm at home.
post #209 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 08:14 PM
SAS Member

I've heard a lot of good things about it. But why did they give it that name??? yuck.
post #210 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 07:00 PM
SAS Member

Still taking them for a little over a week. I think it definitely gives me a short term mood "lift" when I take it. I'm not sure if I really need it, I don't think I have serious depression. Anyone experience any withdrawal after you stopped taking it?
post #211 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 09:12 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneranger View Post
So far, only very little improvement on first day.
Haha, I'm not sure if you're kidding around or not.
It takes a couple weeks of persistent use just before it will even start to rear its head and enter your system. After that, you still have to take it daily and not skip any.

Anything you experience in the 1st couple of weeks is definitely placebo effect.
post #212 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 03:20 PM
SAS Member

I've seen so many things about St John's Wort. The thing is, it affects different people different. For some its a nigh miracle cure with next to no side effects, for others its a horrible, horrible thing with a rainbow of debilitating effects.

The tricky part is it has a whole range of nasty side effects that may or may not activate. If you try it and it ****s your **** up, get off it, its not eveyrone. If you use it and it works for you, great.

Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
If your lonely I hope this thread helps http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...thread-236633/
This article could be very helpful
https://getthefriendsyouwant.com/how...12-step-guide/
This article might be good to http://www.succeedsocially.com/sociallife
post #213 of 231 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Always on the Run.

My Mood: Pensive
I bought some of this for the first time last week by Solaray (capsules). It makes me indifferent towards people because I'm tired of giving a ****. It also helps me with small talk and casually talking to associates in small groups or one on one. I still get really panicky when I have to talk aloud in class though. But, this has probably had the best effect on me than anything else.

Oh, and less panic attacks too and more motivation. Not just panic attacks from SA....but less panic attacks from college stress as well.

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill
post #214 of 231 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 06:19 AM
SAS Member

I took the Kira form of St John's Wort hearing it was one of the more potent formula's. I noticed no immediate effect but after three days i felt less stressed, somewhat flat and not depressed. Emotions, both good and bad were blunted. For severe social anxiety disorder this herb is not enough to really put any significant dent in it. However, if you have mild depression or feel blah to the point of pushing off normal activities you may wish to consider it. As far as side-effects go i did have a few which is reason everytime i have taken it, i've stopped. First of all, for me it made me get sunburnt (which i normally don't) even when i wasn't burnt there was a tingling sensation in my skin they refer to as photosensitivity. I also seemed to have an allergy to something within the herb because i felt itchy internally in a weird way which wasn't comfortable. The final side-effect to not was the one that made me stop taking it, for me it caused great trouble falling asleep and ridiculous insomnia. This stuff can help balance your mood out if your not moderately or severely depressed but it might not be everyone's cup of tea
post #215 of 231 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Hi/Hola

It's February and I stopped taking it because it never really helped me.
post #216 of 231 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 10:52 PM
SAS Member

Does it show in your system when you take drug tests?
post #217 of 231 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 03:35 PM
SAS Member

I felt no different
post #218 of 231 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 07:07 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena_SAS View Post
(Copied over from old review system)

Posted by proximo20
Treatment Experience
I was taking it before sleep usually. It was good and during the day I had more self-respect. This can be placebo effect I don't know. The thing with herbal supplement is that you should take it ar least 4 weeks to see its effects.

And St.johns wort has some interactions with other drugs. So read about it before taking.

Now I am trying to find out what is causing the SA like hypoglycemia, candida, MVP. I believe that this foggy mind and not finding anything to talk about has some connections with our body.
I second the notion when mentioning St. Johns wort interacting with other medications. There are many medications that interact with St. Johns Wart. I would discuss taking St. Johns Wart with your PCP before deciding to take it. I once took a supplement(recommendations from non licensed professional) without informing my PCP and developed a thyroid problem. Knowing what happened afterwards, I would have saved my time and $$ and not have taken the supplement in the first place.
post #219 of 231 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 03:22 PM
SAS Member

proximo10 i'm very interested on the possible causes of social anxiety, can you specify a little bit about what you think they are please?
post #220 of 231 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 04:25 AM
SAS Member

How long before this starts to take effect?
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page