Rhodiola Rosea - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 AM
SAS Member

I just used it for the first time yesterday and again today 250 mg and its seems that it makes me worst as it causes to much energy to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 AM
SAS Member

I've had great success with rhodiola. It's great for energy and focus. I've tried numerous brands in an attempt to find the one that worked the best, and they all affect me differently. So don't give up if it doesn't work for you, you may just need a different brand. The bad part is after 4 weeks or so the effects started becoming less apparent. This is why one should take a break every now and then. For me, herbs like rhodiola, ashagawanda, and gotu kola have worked better than any prescription medicine.
post #43 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 02:03 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantraman View Post
I've had great success with rhodiola. It's great for energy and focus. I've tried numerous brands in an attempt to find the one that worked the best, and they all affect me differently. So don't give up if it doesn't work for you, you may just need a different brand. The bad part is after 4 weeks or so the effects started becoming less apparent. This is why one should take a break every now and then. For me, herbs like rhodiola, ashagawanda, and gotu kola have worked better than any prescription medicine.
Tell us the dosage you used and send me a pm with the name of the brand please. Thank you

post #44 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 01:13 PM
SAS Member

Rhodiola Rosea

It's classed as an "Adaptogen". Vague term, but it's new to the lexicon, so yet to really be quantified. Used first by Soviets in Space program. Shown to boost adrenal function as well as and offset negative effects on stress neurophysiology--ie make oxygen use more efficient. Seems to boost overall resilience, from what I've read, so good all around approach rather than targeted for specific symptoms. Not really enough research out there yet to narrow down the mechanisms of action and pick them apart to apply to specific symptoms. I'm sure as soon as they do they'll pharamacalize it.
But it seems that general approaches to overall resilience are better, in the long run. As with everything we seem to try to pick apart to turn it to specific willful application, when we begin targeting one symptom or another for one specific effect, we begin throwing off all the others which are being affected in ways we haven't figured out yet, and so aren't aware of. Just look at what we've done to the ecosystem, for example, by "sciencing" apart all of the particular uses of our environment and turning them to our specific uses, without regard to the feedback loops inolved in affecting the big picture in other areas. The tool makers curse. Blame our opposable thumbs, maybe. Who knows. But it's human nature, and see where that's gotten us. All too often the human is the microcosm of the environment, and we "over-select" at our own risk, in our hubris thinking we've gotten it all figured out enough to promote just one thing, without realizing it comes at the expense of so many others.
This would seem a good approach, especially since adrenal function and stress physiology underlies so much of anxiety symptoms. I've read more than a little about it and haven't run across any untoward effects or testimony at all, and it's been around for a long time, just not in the west (of course), even being used in an organized systematic ways in science based milieu such as the soviet space program, as I mentioned, and to good enough effect to become relied upon as a standard there.

One word of caution, you want a good brand, and one standardized to at least "3% Rosavins" (what have been proven to be the active constituent element--you can eat bark from the pecan tree, but that's not really what you're after, is it?)
Also, as I remember, there are two different kinds (and this is just off the top of my head and it's been several years, so do your own research)--a red, and a gold? I believe. There are different effects between the two--and I believe it's the gold which is more potent, more expensive and harder to find. Kind of like differences in Ginseng, for example.
So before going off willy-nilly and saying "this didn't work", etc., please at least do some basic research before you buy, please, and post the specifics of what you've used. If you don't, you haven't really told anyone anything, after all (if not specific brand).

Buen Suerte.
post #45 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 AM
SAS Member

I bought Rhodiola Rosea from a Health Food Store.

They had no effect on me (that I noticed anyway).
I had taken them for 50 days.

I also tried all dosages.

I noticed no difference.

- It may have been the brand.
- It may have been me.
- It may just be Rhodiola Rosea and it may not do much.
post #46 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 AM
SAS Member

My Rhodiola Experience

I have found that Rhodiola supplements containing proprietary blends are not as effective as pure Rhodiola supplements. I use Perfect Rhodiola Rosea which contains only Rhodiola Rosea 3:1 Rosavins to Salidrosides ratio. It doesn't have any other ingredients. I usually take 400mg-800mg per day depending on my needs.

I have suffered from PTSD since age 15. I know aim to conquer my anxiety with mind-body medicine and natural herbs/supplements. Wish me luck!
post #47 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 PM
SAS Member

I took this stuff as well as reishi in large amounts and didn't notice anything (these herbs were taken in seperate periods). This stuff was New Chapter brand; the reishi was Dragon Herbs brand. That being said, I'm open to herbs, but herbalists do work ups on people and recommend specific combinations. It's not one size fits all. I've begun scanning a book on herbs (also goes into nutrition and chakras and stuff) that was released recently. If anybody wants a copy, PM me.
post #48 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 08:54 AM
SAS Member

Hi, just tried Rhodiola (4% rosavins) a few days before. All I found in forums and on the internet was very very promising. I took 400-500 mg before breakfast and it got me the worst panic attack ever! I was jittery, anxious and I sweating like hell (face, back... everywhere)... wearing a t-shirt at 15 įC and I was like burning. It was horrible. Slight headache and weird confused feeling on top.

After two (terrible) hours it was over and everything became okay again. I had a LOT of energy the rest of the day. Tried it next day... sweating and nervous again. Oh and by the way: My forearm is prickeling very often since Rhodiola!

Is it worth a try to continue taking it? Does somebody know these strange effects I had?
post #49 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 02:41 PM
SAS Member

Took this today. I got really stirred up, I was crazy active and broke some glass and then stepped it in later.
post #50 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 09:03 AM
SAS Member

Yesterday, the second day of taking rhodiola I had a severe attack of nausea and my left side hurt. My left side still hurts today so I'm afraid to take the rhodiola again but I really want to because it helped. I was also taking gingko. It could have been the combination.
post #51 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:43 AM
GrandCustodian of Synosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by housebunny View Post
Took this today. I got really stirred up, I was crazy active and broke some glass and then stepped it in later.
Placebo effect... Herbs dont affect consciousness unless they are herbs like kratom, peyote, opium poppy, coffee bean, coca leaf, etc.

If something worked, it would be banned.
post #52 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA232 View Post
I took this stuff as well as reishi in large amounts and didn't notice anything (these herbs were taken in seperate periods). This stuff was New Chapter brand; the reishi was Dragon Herbs brand. That being said, I'm open to herbs, but herbalists do work ups on people and recommend specific combinations. It's not one size fits all. I've begun scanning a book on herbs (also goes into nutrition and chakras and stuff) that was released recently. If anybody wants a copy, PM me.
the reason why you took this in large amounts & didnt notice anything is because its not active.

When an herb is active 100% of all people get an effect from it they can feel, even if the effect varies from person to person.

When an herb is not active, then you have some people report a false effect when no effect exist, and most people say it has no effect.

For example, Kratom or Coca Leaves or Opium Poppy affects 100% of all people in some way, because its real, not fake like Rhodiola & Ginseng.

People who are suggestible & into something with excitement will report an effect when no effect actually exists. this is known as placebo effect
post #53 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:57 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
Placebo effect... Herbs dont affect consciousness unless they are herbs like kratom, peyote, opium poppy, coffee bean, coca leaf, etc.

Actually studies have been done on rhodiola. Also, you're saying that if something worked it would be banned, while at the same time saying coffee works and it's not banned, so you're kind of contradicting yourself, friend. What's it to ya, anyway? Why do you care?
post #54 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Actually studies have been done on rhodiola. Also, you're saying that if something worked it would be banned, while at the same time saying coffee works and it's not banned, so you're kind of contradicting yourself, friend. What's it to ya, anyway? Why do you care?
Studies are wrong all the time & contradict each other, & waste time with ultra weak stuff

Something that isnt ultra weak or inactive is what is need to relieve intense suffering & torture. Theres a reason why so many people report they over dose on herbs like this & still feel no effect whatsoever

this herb is inactive. Sorry to say, there are no psychoactive herbs that are readily & easily cheaply available that work.

Try something like kratom, order some, and take that, then tell me if the other things you try are active... have you ever taken something before that actually alters state of consciousness?

Ive taken 20 valerian tablets before & got no effect whatsoever. Sorry, but i just dont get people reporting that inactive stuff has an effect.
post #55 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 11:32 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Ive taken 20 valerian tablets before & got no effect whatsoever. Sorry, but i just dont get people reporting that inactive stuff has an effect.
Everyone doesn't react the same to all medications and substances; I'm sure you know that...

You just came here to fight, didn't you?

post #56 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 10:30 AM
SAS Member

I want to sell the last of my Rhodiola ($12), if anyone's interested. It's this stuff: http://shamanshack.perkstersolutions...ola-crenulata/

I'm still open to it (some things can take a while), but I'm moving on to something else that has a better reputation for improving mood (Syrian rue).
post #57 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 12:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:

DHEA isn't banned. Although, the more success it shows, the more they are pushing to ban it.
post #58 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 09:45 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
He is right though. Researches for some reason tend to exaggerate subtle or barely existing effects, and are misleading. For example, fact that Rhodiola is well researched gives an illusion it should really work. While in reality it is either placebo or has very mild effect.

Then you have something like Phenibut or 1,3 DMAA, barely researched at all but definitely works. Everything that works can be dangerous and is usually prohibited and regulated.

Reports about herbal remedies working strongly are placebo effect and exaggeration.
post #59 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 05:04 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevjernik View Post
He is right though. Researches for some reason tend to exaggerate subtle or barely existing effects, and are misleading. For example, fact that Rhodiola is well researched gives an illusion it should really work. While in reality it is either placebo or has very mild effect.

Then you have something like Phenibut or 1,3 DMAA, barely researched at all but definitely works. Everything that works can be dangerous and is usually prohibited and regulated.

Reports about herbal remedies working strongly are placebo effect and exaggeration.
sigh...
rhodiola Definitely works for me. i'm sick of people saying stuff is placebo if it doesn't work for them. rhodiola gives me a significant increase in focus/energy that is undeniable. i think the problem is too many people are looking for a drug that is going to have amazing effects, and those drugs exist - but the higher you get, the further you can/will fall. if you want to do an amphetamine because it gives you more energy than a natural supplement...good luck.

you're way off on herbal remedies being placebo. maybe your brain is just burned out from too many hard drugs?
post #60 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 03:04 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
I'm taking rhodiola rosea now, and it helps me deal in situations I would normally be super anxious.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page