Phenibut - Page 70 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1381 of 1414 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 11:26 AM
SAS Member

So a friend gave me some phenibut free amino acid powder to try it out, and then I bought some for myself to further experiment.

I've been using it 1-2 times per week for about 6 weeks now, and I'm very pleased with the effects.

I take about 750-1000 mg each time. Because it's the free amino acid version I take it sublingually and then wash it down after about 5 minutes.

It takes about an hour for the effects to become pronounced, and they steadily increase until about 3.5 hours where they plateau for another 3 hours or so.

The effects I experience include a solid sense of calm, things that would typically bother me don't even phase me. Also I feel care-free and sociable, wanting to make others laugh and feel good about themselves. It does give a slight drunk feeling, but with no motor or visual impairment. It basically erases self-conscious thoughts, I just am able to act like myself without fear of how I'll be received or perceived. It makes me less fearful of my own emotions, and therefore able to contemplate and sort through things I typically bury within myself, and let out a healthy cry, if needed.

You do need to be careful not to take it in excess or too many days in a row. I also take L-Theanine daily (800 mg, 3x/day) and the two mix wonderfully, I recommend trying it out. I also started taking ashwagandha, effective but very mild in comparison, so I have other things to get me through the non-phenibut days.

I get my Phenibut and L-Theanine from Liftmode, I've bought my L-Theanine from them for years now, their products are excellent quality and they're shipping is fast and reliable. I recommend them highly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1414 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 06:18 AM
Seeking ataraxia

Phenibut absolutely kills my SA. Anyone looking for a non-prescription SA treatment should look into trying it. It is by far the best supplement I've taken for SA (and I've tried pretty much all of them).
But as others have pointed out. Daily use is a big no no. I'm currently going on my third withdrawal of the stuff (I know - stupid) because it works so well. I just wish there was a way to work around this. But I guess any long term aid is going to come with that. The only prescription drug I've been on was Paxil, of which I was forced to quit cold turkey due to not having insurance after I moved. Phenibut withdrawals are nothing compared to that. Paxil didn't even come close to phenibut as far as treating my SA and the withdrawals from that were terrible. The worst I've experienced from phenibut is insomnia (pretty much a week without sleep) and maybe some minor shaking (I've come to the conclusion that the crazy withdrawal stories are mostly nocebo.) Basically, what I'm trying to say is, life with SA is worse than these withdrawals can ever be (in my experience at least.)
post #1383 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Permanently Banned

Phenibut was amazing the first several times using it. It's a very clean drug that kills inhibition, increases mood, increases empathy, and is mildly euphoric. This is what an antidepressant is supposed to feel like. The downside is it got progressively worse even with spaced out usage (2weeks or more)and now I seemed to have developed a permanent tolerance to it. Even after months of abstinence i can't get that feeling back.

Nothing legal compares to this substance for social anxiety from my experience. It's a shame it doesn't work anymore.

I would take 1.5-2gs with 200mg caeffeine for the best effect. I didnt have any withdrawals. Nausea and sedation were found at higher doses but the theraputic effects seem to max out before you get to those levels, so you can avoid the side effects without sacrificing anything.

post #1384 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 09:44 PM
Seeking ataraxia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbored22 View Post
Phenibut was amazing the first several times using it. It's a very clean drug that kills inhibition, increases mood, increases empathy, and is mildly euphoric. This is what an antidepressant is supposed to feel like. The downside is it got progressively worse even with spaced out usage (2weeks or more)and now I seemed to have developed a permanent tolerance to it. Even after months of abstinence i can't get that feeling back.

Nothing legal compares to this substance for social anxiety from my experience. It's a shame it doesn't work anymore.

I would take 1.5-2gs with 200mg caeffeine for the best effect. I didnt have any withdrawals. Nausea and sedation were found at higher doses but the theraputic effects seem to max out before you get to those levels, so you can avoid the side effects without sacrificing anything.
That's weird. I stopped for 3 months earlier this year and my tolerance went way down and a small dose lasted twice as long. But I was also using kava at the time, so maybe that affected it somehow. I've been using phenibut for like 2-3 years and it still affects me the same. My tolerance doesn't seem to build up like other people from stories that I've read online.

But yeah, I agree. It's easily the best thing out there for SA. Sucks that it stopped working for you.
post #1385 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 12:16 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Cool
Phenibut is great at medium to high dosages and its interesting that you got insomnia Mc Borg - if I took 3g plus for a couple of days I would become almost narcoleptic at times with it.

I got some last week and took 3g last night for the first time in years and I got absolutely no effect from it all. I used to get the bulkpowder but the one I took last night was a capsule form from some health shop. Might have to open them up and give it a taste test.
post #1386 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 01:40 AM
Seeking ataraxia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC01 View Post
Phenibut is great at medium to high dosages and its interesting that you got insomnia Mc Borg - if I took 3g plus for a couple of days I would become almost narcoleptic at times with it.
Insomnia from withdrawals is what I meant. I've heard horror stories about phenibut withdrawal. I was just stating that the only thing I've ever really experienced was insomnia.
post #1387 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 01:48 AM
Permanently Banned

ah ok sorry
post #1388 of 1414 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 10:24 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
I just came from the popular website where I usually buy my phenibut. It appears they have stopped selling it? No sign of it anywhere. Anyone know anything? Did I miss something?
post #1389 of 1414 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:47 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
OK, I have a little more information. Seems as though you need to log into your account now on liftmode in order to see any phenibut products. Without logging in you don't see any phenibut, only their other products.
post #1390 of 1414 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:43 PM
SAS Member

I have taken phenibut without good results. I have tried different dosages between 200mg-1000mg and all i have really felt is abit "on the edge" like you have too much caffeine in your system and feel a bit uncomfortable.
post #1391 of 1414 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:53 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesky1 View Post
I have taken phenibut without good results. I have tried different dosages between 200mg-1000mg and all i have really felt is abit "on the edge" like you have too much caffeine in your system and feel a bit uncomfortable.
Try 2000mg plus, should do the trick - or try 2000mg in the evening and then another 2000mg first thing am - then a break for a few days.
post #1392 of 1414 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 05:42 AM
Andy

Careful with phenibut

I have tried phenibut. I felt kinda like I was on xanax, and a mild dose of MDMA. You can definitely feel music vibrations on phenibut and also physical sensations. I felt it took away from my personality and charisma though. I personally never found it to be something that I would want to take consistently. I have some now but mostly use it when I want to get a good nights rest. I found phenibut to be inconsistent, some days I would get dizzy and foggy. All this stuff is coming from labs in China, and I'm not sure what these companies are doing to assure quality standards. I would buy liftmode if I was going to get some, but I would encourage fellow SAers to look into kratom instead.
post #1393 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 01:45 AM
SAS Member

I'm glad to see this here as I have been considering it. Importing is banned in the UK, but I found it on a website called phenibutuk. Has anyone tried it from this website? I have read some good reviews about it, but would like to hear more.
post #1394 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 02:21 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfort View Post
^^trust me, you can take it more than once a week and still feel the effects..i know people that have ran it every day for months straight and still felt the effects..this tolerance issue is overstated imo..
Yeah I think what goes away is the high/euphoria and when its not there people say its not working even tho it still has its anti -anxiety effects which is whats its made for but people forget this. So they say its not working because they arent social anymore , makes me think they dont have social anxiety.

People that take it for other reasons than anxiety shouldnt because you will eventually build tolerance to whatever effect it is you're looking for because its mainly for anxiety . People that will benefit most from phenibut is those with genetic social anxiety and not shyness. And I belive phenibut will work for anxiety if you take it everyday if your anxiety is genetics.
post #1395 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured1 View Post
Oh one more thing. Don't drive on this stuff I'm serious. It has a very noticeable effect on motor coordination.
if it has very serious effect on motor skills why would Russians give it to their astronauts ? makes no sense.
post #1396 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 03:59 AM
Down the rabbit hole

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
if it has very serious effect on motor skills why would Russians give it to their astronauts ? makes no sense.
Its most likely a dosage issue, you might find some old posts on say Flashback about phenibut, it started to come to Sweden like 2005 or so, in powder form.
Hard to dose, people would fall asleep and flood the bathrooms or such.

Vette fan om denna google translate lšnk funkar, men Rysk motsvarighet till FASS.

https://translate.google.se/translat...-text=&act=url

Hello Darkness my old friend... I've come to talk with you again.

V1bzz:- Nardil is here to help us understand what it is to be old people

What's Dr. Stahl say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUE...ature=youtu.be

AvPD,Dysthymia,Depression, SP, sleepingdisorder, Agoraphobia, GAD. ADD
post #1397 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 11:38 AM

Has anyone taken phenibut everyday and still had the anti anxiety effect?
post #1398 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 02:42 PM
Tired

Language: English
The concern shouldn't be whether it works every day but the tolerance / dependency issues, and no, from what I have read the tolerance / dependency issues aren't understated.

There are enough warnings about this stuff, daily use is insane.

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
post #1399 of 1414 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 12:11 PM
SAS Member

I've used phenibut before and it worked decently well as an anxiolytic, and very well as a mood lifter. The onset of action was 2-3 hours - pretty unusual for an 'obviously' psychoactive drug.

Recent research shows that phenibut acts as a alpha2delta calcium channel blocker, which happens to be the same mechanism of action of pregabalin ("Lyrica"), a drug that I have taken before. The effects of phenibut, in terms of anxiety reduction, mood lift, and general 'feel' are quite similar to pregabalin, but I'm not entirely sure this is due to the common action at the alpha2delta site since phenibut is much less potent at this site relative to pregabalin. Phenibut has GABA-B agonist properties as well, which no doubt contribute to its psychoactive properties.

I'm just really fascinated by phenibut's similar 'feel' to pregabalin. I might explore phenibut further in the future.

All your fears are an illusion; they are immaterial; they do not exist.
post #1400 of 1414 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 03:12 AM
Permanently Banned

I have just taken a load, about 4 grams - main side effects is posting utter **** on this forum - never said that on the bottle
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page