Phenibut - Page 69 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1361 of 1414 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:44 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTER4 View Post
I have ben taking phenibut about once a week for about 2 years now. And it's a godsend of a supplement for anxiety.

After trying several different brands I have come to realize that their are 2 different types of phenibut, a mixed isomer and a single isomer, which do have slightly different effects. the mixed isomer is whats typically sold in the US market as a bulk powder, and the single isomer is what it typicaly sold in pressed pills in the russia area. The mixed tends to be more tiring especially without a tolerance. While the single is more expensive

I buy all my mixed isomer thru liftmode as their about the cheapest, and is just as good (if not better) than anywear else, and come with the lab certificate of analysis. And have just recently noticed they have a customer loyalty program for a small extra percent off

Liftmode --- https://liftmode.com/phenibut-fine-c...99-8-pure.html
May I ask what dose you take? and what kind of effect does it give you? Do you find yourself very confident on the day you take it? also have you tried Paxil? if yes, are they comparable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1362 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 08:57 PM
SAS Member

+1 for LiftMode (www.liftmode.com). I recently ordered a 40g jar of phenibut HCl after having gone through one of their samplers pretty quick (you can pick up 5 grams for 5 bucks which is a really nice low risk way to try it out and see if it's for you). I ordered at 1pm on a friday and they had it shipped within an hour!!! I paid for the basic USPS shipping and got my package on monday. Liftmode's stuff comes in cool little plastic jars and they always throw a measuring spoon of the appropriate size in with powders that arent capped up (I prefer to get more substance for my money and cap it up myself). They recommend a dosage of up to 1500mg split into 3 doses in a day, no more than 2 days per week. As has been discussed in this thread, phenibut can be habit forming, which is why they instruct limiting your weekly 'on days'.

The first two days I took phenibut I felt like a different person. Everything seemed less cruddy and people less scary, which is a common theme with GABAergics, but the reason I feel this one is a better option is because it is more specific to GABA-b receptors which apparently does not come with the dumbing down that is common with say, alcohol for example. Also I do not feel like this substance is taxing on my body and I have not experienced any 'hangover' but I also have not taken a dose above the recommended dose. After taking phenibut regularly, the 'honeymoon' phase has passed but I still feel like this is an incredibly useful substance and I plan on keeping it in my arsenal for a long time to come.
post #1363 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 06:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
What are your suggestions as a good alternative to Liftmode?

I hate the idea of Phenibit but I recently started up again and would love to hear other opinions

post #1364 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 06:37 AM
SAS Member

Phenibut

Just started trialling Phenibut for narcolepsy because of its similarity to both Xyrem (which is used to treat narcolepsy, but not available in my country) and also because of its similarity to Lyrica which also enhances sleep quality. And because it has good online anecdotal reviews stating that it works well at addressing narcolepsy -associated sleep deficits. Will report back on how it works out and if it has any carry over effects against SA during the day.
post #1365 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 05:39 PM
SAS Member

Phenibut

Seems to be working okay so far. I've averaged an extra hour of sleep and am much less restless than usual during the night (according to my Fitbit). Subjectively feeling a bit better rested and slightly calmer. I was more tuned down and ready for bed with quicker/earlier sleep onset than usual too. I take 600mg per night. The next step may be to try Lyrica. I'm determined to enhance my sleep quality.
post #1366 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 07:58 PM
SAS Member

Phenibut

Seems to be working well. For the first time in a long time I'm getting 8 hours sleep a night and am barely restless during the night compared to usual (according to my Fitbit). I also feel better rested and more alert during the day, it's enhanced my cognitive processing too. If I respond this well to a supplement then I'd definitely like to try Lyrica next.
post #1367 of 1414 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 04:36 PM
SAS Member

hey guys anyone who has taken off 1-3 months off phenibut lowered their tolerance and were able to bring their dose down and or have the similar feeling like first times?
post #1368 of 1414 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 03:22 PM
SAS Member

It is pretty irresponsible that SAS lists this substance as a "supplement". It is a drug, designed as such, as potent as any benzo. Just because it's not listed in american pharmacopeia, doesn't make it a "supplement".

That said, this is an amazing substance. It is a shame about the tolerance issues.
post #1369 of 1414 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 10:59 PM
SAS Member

BEWARE OF PHENIBUT. Oh yeah, sure, at first I didn't believe the warnings - I thought only weaklings couldn't handle phenibut. But the stories are real. I learned this the hard way. The very hard way. I wish I never started on it.
post #1370 of 1414 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 11:09 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10PercentExtra View Post
It is pretty irresponsible that SAS lists this substance as a "supplement". It is a drug, designed as such, as potent as any benzo.
That's for sure - and then some. At one point I upped my dose just a tiny bit (because of increasing tolerance). Upped my dose just a little. Pretty soon I was walking through my neighborhood LOST - I didn't recognize where I was at. My heart was pounding, I was scared, Because I knew I was very close to home, but still didn't recognize anything around me. When I reached the corner I didn't know which way to go: left, right or otherwise.

And I began waking up in the morning not having the foggiest clue what day it was. (I went to bed several hours before feeling perfectly fine, just taking the phenibut - no alcohol). For example, my heart would start pounding because: Oh crap! I'm late for work, Start throwing on my clothes frantically, then maybe 5-10 minutes later I realized it was Sunday morning. Serious amnesia problem.

Yeah, it's more than just a nutritional supplement.
post #1371 of 1414 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:14 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyTee View Post
BEWARE OF PHENIBUT. Oh yeah, sure, at first I didn't believe the warnings - I thought only weaklings couldn't handle phenibut. But the stories are real. I learned this the hard way. The very hard way. I wish I never started on it.
Sorry to hear about your issues with it but more fool you for not heeding the frequent and consistent warnings not to abuse it.

Did you think you were somehow immune to the potential addictive properties of this substance or not believe them or something?

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." Stephen F Roberts
post #1372 of 1414 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:22 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10PercentExtra View Post
It is pretty irresponsible that SAS lists this substance as a "supplement". It is a drug, designed as such, as potent as any benzo. Just because it's not listed in american pharmacopeia, doesn't make it a "supplement".
The fact SAS doesn't have a drugs forum means it ended up here, and it is of course sold as a supplement and not a medication so makes sense, regardless of its potency. It fits the definition of supplement more so than it fits the definition of medication, so it certainly makes more sense to put it in here rather than the medication forum.

I don't see how it's irresponsible. Does the term supplement have to mean it's not potent IYO?

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." Stephen F Roberts
post #1373 of 1414 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 05:49 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
**** is terrible.. spewed my ring up multiple times off this. Tastes foul and did NOTHING for anxiety. I threw mine in the garbage...
post #1374 of 1414 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 05:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Stevens View Post
**** is terrible.. spewed my ring up multiple times off this. Tastes foul and did NOTHING for anxiety. I threw mine in the garbage...
It seems you are one of the unfortunate few who reacts in such a way to this compound. You are really missing out so that's a shame.

post #1375 of 1414 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 03:13 PM
SAS Member

took it a few times, went and got drunk afterwards, so cant really comment if it made any difference
post #1376 of 1414 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 05:23 AM

How much in teaspoon units to take? I have no scale. Between 1/4 and 1/2 tsp? Or is that not enough?
post #1377 of 1414 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 11:22 AM
SAS Member

I'll chime in here because i actually just got off daily phenibut use last week after 3 months of experimenting. I never had any issues with tolerance buildup or addiction when i decided to quit but i can deffinitely see the potential. Started at 250mg. Took 2.5g at most. 1.5g was the sweet spot for me with the least side effects. Measure your doses with a scale. I bought off Powder City, very quick reliable service. It's up to you to decide if it's something you want to give a try. Personally, taking 1.5g / day was too much for me and I decided to go a different route.

Pros:
Very cheap
Self Medicate
Effective for Social Anxiety
Easy to obtain
Immediate Results
Euphoria

Cons:
Requires a high dose
Self Medicate
Bad taste (Can counteract this with juice. My fav being orange.)
Side Effects (Have UC and this stuff quite upset my bowels esp when taken with orange juice)
Did not help sufficiently with my BDD or OCD
Withdrawal (I went down 50mg/day and it was too quick. Sweats, Chills, Slight Hallucinations, Nausea, Upset Stomach, Irritability, Worsened Anxiety, Jitters)
Time consuming to measure powder
Depression
Insomnia
post #1378 of 1414 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 12:34 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerlfcure View Post
I'll chime in here because i actually just got off daily phenibut use last week after 3 months of experimenting. I never had any issues with tolerance buildup or addiction when i decided to quit but i can deffinitely see the potential. Started at 250mg. Took 2.5g at most. 1.5g was the sweet spot for me with the least side effects. Measure your doses with a scale. I bought off Powder City, very quick reliable service. It's up to you to decide if it's something you want to give a try. Personally, taking 1.5g / day was too much for me and I decided to go a different route.

Pros:
Very cheap
Self Medicate
Easy to obtain
Immediate Results
Euphoria

Cons:
Requires a high dose
Self Medicate
Side Effects (Have UC and this stuff quite upset my bowels esp when taken with orange juice)
Withdrawal (I went down 50mg/day and it was too quick. Sweats, Chills, Slight Hallucinations, Nausea, Upset Stomach, Irritability, Worsened Anxiety, Jitters)
Depression
Insomnia
Did you read any of the warnings about not dosing daily prior to you doing so?

Don't take it daily and all those problematic/serious cons disappear.

Daily use can be considered abuse.

post #1379 of 1414 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 08:46 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerlfcure View Post

Pros:
Very cheap
Self Medicate
Easy to obtain
Immediate Results
Euphoria

Cons:
Requires a high dose
Self Medicate
Depression
Insomnia

After you got off it and the withdrawal symptoms went away, did you find you had any lasting effects, either good or bad?
post #1380 of 1414 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 07:10 PM
SAS Member

Hi all, not been on this forum for a very long time. Can't even remember what email address I subscribed too. Anyway I just wanted to let people know that Phenibut is now illegal to import (but not to be in possession of.) in the UK under the Psychoactive Substances Act that came about in mid May, which is acting like a carpet ban over any legal Psychoactive substance there is out there. Its a horrible piece of legislation that does not define whats Psychoactive and whats not. Already poppers have been given an all clear, saying its not Psychoactive enough. Anyway less about this bill.

Tonight I just wanted to say a goodbye and fair well to my miracle cure that was Phenibut. It brought out that extra me. If i had a date, a Uni presentation, or just wanted to feel motivated for the day this was my substance of choice. It has been a life saver and has helped me through a lot in my life. You have to treat it with respect and you will gain much from it. I took my last little bit tonight, and its really quite daunting that I am going to have to face everything to come alone without this aid in my life. It really has helped so much since i first took it in 2012. I can't believe its come to end, in a way i'm glad I want to do these tings without relying on stuff like this, However it was very effective in getting me where I am now.

You have to watch with this stuff though. WD can be hell if you take it for too long.

Anway goodbye my friends. I will do my best I can from here.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page