Phenibut - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 06:26 PM
SAS Member

Phenibut is very effective for anxiety. My social anxiety is almost zero now and it was pretty bad. I still have some palpitations when I approach a complete stranger or someone I respect a lot but not as much as before, it quickly goes away. I take Phenibut through a product called Mind Release by Mastermind Supplements. It has literally changed my life, and Phenibut is known to repair the brain, so I guess that is what it is doing. I am very happy that I am getting over my SAS fast, it's almost non-existent. YAY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 10:57 AM
MBL
Comatose.

That is AWESOME.

I think that phenibut is worth every penny.

I'd easily use it 3 x weekly and live a better, happier life.

-MBL

HALIFAX, Nova Scotia (Canada)
post #63 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 12:38 PM
SAS Member

If you use it that often there's a good chance you'll get a tolerance to it very quickly and it won't work for you anymore even if you keep upping the dose. Many people have reported tolerance issues, just a heads up.

"Whatever dramas are going on in my life, I always find that place inside my head where I see myself as the cleanest, tallest, strongest, wisest person that I can be." -Layne Staley

"The earth we abuse and the living things we kill will, in the end, take their revenge; for in exploiting their presence we are diminishing our future." -Marya Mannes

"Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities." -Voltaire

post #64 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Permanently Banned

I find it helps me a bit. However, I'm not sure if it's the actual drug or a placebo effect. Meh.
post #65 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
MBL
Comatose.

3 days, 4 off. Sounds reasonable. Or 2 days if you want to be really sure to avoid tolerance I suppose, or sapce em out. Could use em when expecting more anxiety than usual.

I find 1 - 1.5 g with benzos or 2 - 3ish grams alone works pretty good for me.

-MBL

post #66 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 08:31 PM
New mum to summer rose

It sounds really good
are there any dangerous side effects to be aware of???
Also can u purchase it OTC and/or Online or is it a doctor only med?

"Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not? "
RFK quoting George Bernard Shaw

Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?-Abraham Lincoln
post #67 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 09:17 PM
The Power Of Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisa1536 View Post
It sounds really good
are there any dangerous side effects to be aware of???
Also can u purchase it OTC and/or Online or is it a doctor only med?
Yes, it causes extreme tolerance issues, leaving you rapidly without effects even if you take several days off, atleast for most people, the tolerance seems semi permanent so be carefull to avoid it. Withdrawals occur rapidly too.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional, all my advice is based on my own research and experiences.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Anyone is free to PM me questions or ask my MSN adress.
post #68 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 09:50 PM
The Power Of Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomoranxiety View Post
Phenibut is very effective for anxiety. My social anxiety is almost zero now and it was pretty bad. I still have some palpitations when I approach a complete stranger or someone I respect a lot but not as much as before, it quickly goes away. I take Phenibut through a product called Mind Release by Mastermind Supplements. It has literally changed my life, and Phenibut is known to repair the brain, so I guess that is what it is doing. I am very happy that I am getting over my SAS fast, it's almost non-existent. YAY!
Its true that its a potent neuroprotective and probably good for the brain, however that doesnt mean daily use is a good thing, as ti does cause rapid GABAB downregulation potentially causing aftereffects that last a while too, however in your case it seems to be pretty beneficial

Disclaimer: I am not a professional, all my advice is based on my own research and experiences.

-Lenin

Loving my girl.

post #69 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Super Meditator

i really dont usually post in these forums. I'd be much more at home with guinness and dumpsters and the occasional homeless person.

So I'll get right to the point.

Most medication has got zero effect on me. Apart from makin me less sharp, which i dont like.
As soon as I feel slightly "fuzzy/sleepy/whatever" I'm oot of the loop. I refuse to let any tablets of any sort interfere with my personality.

I'm also VERY sceptical reading these threads. I appreciate the good work that Crazy-Med has done here. He seems to really know his ****e.

I just think I'm cynical by nature. So most of the posts aboot this and that, I'd usually take them with a grain of salt. (thats not a new recipie by the way)

I've been takin Phenibut for months now. I didnt post until now coz I'm sure it takes time to receive a true effect.

My main concern would be the same old, anyone reading this and looking fer a miracle should stop reading now.
My main praise for this "supplement" would be that it does calm you down. If you take it at 9am then by 12pm you will feel a sense of calm. You may also feel slightly sleepy.

So I would agree it has an affect. But if you're looking for a miracle drug, then, as always, you'll be left disappointed.

Three tabs before a tense situation, and yeah it helps.

I've read the reports aboot hangovers.

I had a few big events in the space of 3 days recently. First evening i took three/
I'd say it calmed me by 20%. And thats not enough, but it helped.

Second time, calmed me by 20% again. Even though I had slightly overdosed.

Last time was the interesting one. i took half the doseage coupled with 2 pints of beer.
I was completely free from SA.

But i woke up the next morning, and it was as though everything was happening in slow motion. Me head was spinning, dizziness lasted aboot 5 hours.
Not a nice feelin.

I dunno what any of yee might learn from this. I'm only posting in case it helps someone else.

Ireland.... rescuing sober people since the dawn of time

"with you dub i will never be 100% lesbian"

A Kiirby is fer life, not just fer Crimbo
post #70 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
SometimeShyGuy

relax all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlange View Post
can somebody post a reliable brand? Im thinkin of trying relax all
I've tried relax all--went through a bottle of it actually, for different occasions. It is effective, it definitely "enhanced" my mood. Specifically, it kinda makes you feel a little "high"/giddy or something, while also being relaxed. Not nervous-giddy, just slightly silly/happy for no reason. It has served me fairly well in certain situations where I needed help in order to relax, but it also seems to impair your...cognitive abilities a little bit.
post #71 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 09:59 AM
MBL
Comatose.

HI!

I had ZERO negative effects with this unless I mixed it with pain killers. I would not mix it with alcohol, nothing beyond 1-2 drinks for sure. It's bring out the bad side I'd bet.

For me, I have had no problem with it. No hangover, and no tolerance. This is something the ACTUALLY WORKS compared to other legal items on the market which 80% of are a waste of money while this stuff and current prices is something I'd order ever 2nd month.

I just hope it's not controlled soon.

-MBL

post #72 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 PM
ENTP with SA...How?

does this actually work? like legit help? I had really high hopes for klonopin, but all it does is make me dizzy and tired. The inly reason im taking klonopin now is because it feels good, and helps me not worry. It doesnt do much at all for my social anxiety, but helps a little with general anxiety and worrying.

What is phenibut, is it legal? is it safe to take with SSRI's? What is something i can get at a vitamin store that will work like a normal drug. Maybe some herb or something.
post #73 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM
SAS Member

I don't think I've ever been in this particular sub-forum, and I've never heard of this supplement, but after seeing the name over and over on the front page (and I don't know how it's pronounced, but it sounds funny in mah head), I thought I'd click to see just what the hell phenibut was.

Well, now I'm intrigued.

I just might have to check this out. This helps with calming and anxiety, right? What about sleep? I've mentioned here before that I wake up almost every day/night with my heart slamming against my chest, and these days I'm only getting 2-4 hours of sleep a night anyway. I was considering getting some Melatonin to help with sleep, as I've tried it before and it did a pretty good job. But if this stuff is more beneficial in more ways, I might give it a try.
post #74 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
MBL
Comatose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Moonracer View Post
does this actually work? like legit help? I had really high hopes for klonopin, but all it does is make me dizzy and tired. The inly reason im taking klonopin now is because it feels good, and helps me not worry. It doesnt do much at all for my social anxiety, but helps a little with general anxiety and worrying.

What is phenibut, is it legal? is it safe to take with SSRI's? What is something i can get at a vitamin store that will work like a normal drug. Maybe some herb or something.
Legal in the USA.

Safe with SSRI.

Works great for me, I want more.

I like dizzy and tired

ttyl

-MBL

post #75 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 PM
MBL
Comatose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckofab View Post
I don't think I've ever been in this particular sub-forum, and I've never heard of this supplement, but after seeing the name over and over on the front page (and I don't know how it's pronounced, but it sounds funny in mah head), I thought I'd click to see just what the hell phenibut was.

Well, now I'm intrigued.

I just might have to check this out. This helps with calming and anxiety, right? What about sleep? I've mentioned here before that I wake up almost every day/night with my heart slamming against my chest, and these days I'm only getting 2-4 hours of sleep a night anyway. I was considering getting some Melatonin to help with sleep, as I've tried it before and it did a pretty good job. But if this stuff is more beneficial in more ways, I might give it a try.

Try 500 - 1000mg 1st time for sleep, take 3 hours prior to going to bed, should help, don't use it daily. Legal and easy to get in USA.

-MBL

post #76 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 02:56 PM
The Power Of Nature

Hey MBL, i know you have also used to take GBL, how does it compare with phenibut? Ive allways been negative about this one due to the apparant rapid tolerance, in my next regime im planning to just use GBL with amphetamine as the main treatment in my next regime. The tolerance issues with G scare me away however if it has any advantages over G i may try it.

-Lenin

Loving my girl.

post #77 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
MBL
Comatose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzyMed View Post
Hey MBL, i know you have also used to take GBL, how does it compare with phenibut? Ive allways been negative about this one due to the apparant rapid tolerance, in my next regime im planning to just use GBL with amphetamine as the main treatment in my next regime. The tolerance issues with G scare me away however if it has any advantages over G i may try it.
I find they are not that similar really. GBL is much much stronger and much more intoxicating. Phenibut lasts much longer and I'd say is a better idea for SAD than GBL which is illegal and can make u vomit and pass out.

I did like GBL in the past, but I think the more subtle phenibut is more sensible for SAD, as long as you know how much you can take without hangover and limit your usage to 2 - 3 times a week at maximum, but it easily lasts 8 hours, maybe more.

But as I have said (I am lucky) : Phenibut so far has caused me no negative effect. I limit my usage too. Some people have hangover at as little as 1 gram, I can take 2 - 3 and not have it.

-MBL

post #78 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 03:44 PM
The Power Of Nature

GBL only made me vomit twice or somehting and i take 100ml a week, i cant stand the feeling of high doses wich is probably why i allways stay way under the intoxication doses, i find it perfectly suitable for daily use.

I probably wont be able to mimit my usuage wich with G turned out fine as you only need a few hours off and never take it for sleep to avoid physical addiction. This doesnt seem possible with phenibut i better stay away.

-Lenin

Loving my girl.

post #79 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 04:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBL View Post
Try 500 - 1000mg 1st time for sleep, take 3 hours prior to going to bed, should help, don't use it daily. Legal and easy to get in USA.
Thanks!
post #80 of 1414 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 07:15 PM
SAS Member

Where do you buy the PrimaForce brand?
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page