Phenibut - Page 21 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #401 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 09:03 AM
SAS Member

Location: my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars.
I take Lyrica (anxiety), Dex (ADD) and Baclofen (anxiety) by prescription. I just started the Baclofen in an effort to replace the Lyrica as the Lyrica causes serious weight gain. After a week or so off the Lyrica I am rethinking stopping Lyrica as I have been feeling a little like my nerves are "frayed" since I stopped taking it. The only question is whether this is a "re-bound" effect that will sort itself out.

Lyrica in and of itself was not pro-social for me. Let me just say that I have yet to find a med that is "pro-social" (though I try). In fact none of the meds I take make me “feel good” they merely make me feel “less bad”. Such is our disorder. That is sort of the “Holly Grail” of meds for people like us. Lyrica does give you mild euphoric effect the first couple of times you take – but that is it.

I am not sure how well Lyrica works for anxiety. I think it may work best on an “as needed” type basis as opposed to taken regularly. I will have a better sense of the anxiety effect if I decide to stay off of Lyrica.

What I did notice is that Phoenibut had a much more profound effect when taken with Lyrica (and Baclofen in this case). The Phenibut effects were felt for hours and were much more pronounced.

The only med class that I can compare Phoenibut to is the Benzo class of drugs. It is different than a benzo however. There is a real mild “empathetic” quality to Phenibut for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 12:47 PM
SAS Member

just took about 500 mg before my oral presentation... it was only in front of my 4 other group members, my prof, and his assistant (and we were all sitting down so it should have been easier). I blew it... the most I can talk for is 10 seconds before my heart starts spazzing out. I shouldn't have been such a wimp with the phenibut dosage, It's just that the last time I took it (225 mg approx) I got an extremely slight pain in my liver region (0.3/10). Then today I typed in "phenibut liver" into google and saw a bunch of serious complaints about liver damage, and it made me hesitant to take more.
post #403 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Walking thru mindfields

I just got my phenibut primaforce powder today I am going for a hot yoga session now and when I come back I will try a small amount as a sleep aid and see if anything works

post #404 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 07:33 PM
SAS Member

To be honest, I took about 475 mg today and I felt completely nothing.
post #405 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Walking thru mindfields

Sounds like you hit your tolerance limit....take a break for like a week or so for now and then come back and take it again
post #406 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 PM
SAS Member

475 mg is a tiny dose professor..adjust upwards...

huk Phin-have you ever tried Ghb?that is by far the most pro-social drug i have ever tried..plus it makes me very empathetic as well which is crucial to my disorder..
post #407 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 11:25 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belfort View Post
475 mg is a tiny dose professor..adjust upwards...

huk Phin-have you ever tried Ghb?that is by far the most pro-social drug i have ever tried..plus it makes me very empathetic as well which is crucial to my disorder..
Yeah I will... you know anything about liver effects though?
post #408 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 12:19 AM
SAS Member

I took Pheibut for about a month at the beginning of this year. I took weekends off. My dosage ranged from 2700mg to 5400mg per day. For the first couple weeks it was fantastic--just a happy, outgoing, social feeling. I stopped taking it because I noticed that I was having major anxiety in the mornings before dosing, and towards the end, the anxiety was not alleviated by dosing. I stopped cold turkey (I would have tapered but, as I said, the Phenibut was not aleviating the rebound symptoms anyhow). The withdrawal was wicked--very anxious and prone to panic attacks--and it lasted a little over two weeks before I normalized.

After that, I figured I would try to use it only occaisonally. My experience with that was that it took at least a 3000mg dose to get a good effect. The other weird thing was that it seriously took like seven or eight hours after dosing before I felt it. The effects were similar to as before. The problem--and the reason I've ditched it completely--is that I could count on rebound anxiety, which seemed to consistently hit me two or three days after the single dose. Totally weird, but in the end, I threw out what I had. I just don't see any use for it (for me).
post #409 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 05:29 AM
SAS Member

Location: my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars.
Thusfar I am using a 2 day on, 5 day off regimine. Basically I use it on weekends. I agree that at least 2g is needed for any effect and more like 3g is needed for full effect. Your millage may vary. I recommend taking it on an empty (relatively) stomach and expect about 2-3 hours for it to take effect. It does last a while once the effects do kick in.
post #410 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Walking thru mindfields

Question: I'm just wondering after you take a dose of phenibut....is it ok to do strenuous exercise a couple hours later or any sort of sweating in a sauna?
post #411 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
SAS Member

I think I'll have to try this.....

I like the word "indolence." It makes my laziness seem classy. ~Bern Williams

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard
post #412 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 PM
SAS Member

exercise is not a problem on phenibut..in fact phenibut and some ephedrine make for one great workout..
post #413 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Walking thru mindfields

Thx for the answer....I just took a 300mg scoop right now and its 8:55 pm...wondering whats gonna happen haha

I mixed the powder with a cup of water...hope thats fine
post #414 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 10:01 PM
SAS Member

Baclofen is more powerful than phenibut. Also quite different as well. High dose baclofen esp when first starting it can have very strong effect .Hallicinations can occur(visual-mostly closed eyed),empathy like XTC,and dissociation. I once did this-took 100mg all at once and had insane closed eyed visuals,empathy,altered states-reminds me of 2CB and cousins. Baclofen to me is not like GHB or Phenibut(except lower dose). Its can be a dangerous drug to OD on and yes It can produce nasty W/D. I take it now at 10 mg 3x a day. Never to use high dose again. Low dose helps anxiety.
post #415 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Walking thru mindfields

felt reallllly mellow last night.....I only took a small 300mg dose mind you.....also my head was pumping and the tightness in my head that I usually have almost totally went away! That tightness caused me alot of problems like brain fog and not seeing correctly...quite a bit of it is gone this morning! Maybe this is phenibuts "brain repairing" capability as reported in the earlier part of the thread.

Not sure what else to think...it was a small dose and I didn't socialize with anyone except my mom as it was late last night.....I will try it again
post #416 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 03:40 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belfort View Post
exercise is not a problem on phenibut..in fact phenibut and some ephedrine make for one great workout..
http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...post1059521566
post #417 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 12:03 AM
SAS Member

Honestly looking back I think a lot of this is placebo effect. The placebo effect is VERY powerful particularly when it comes to social anxiety - the reason being is because our anxiety is created by our expectation to be anxious and disliked. Placebo effect makes you believe it won't be so bad. Also I think this may have caused me some kind of kidney damage my dr said I had abnormal renal function and I'm only 18. In my opinion the trade off is just not worth it. Better off going to a dr and getting something that's not as dangerous cause the effects of this that are not contributed to placebo in my opinion are extremely minimal. I even took benzos despite stories I'd read about addiction and withdrawals for a small period of time and think your better off taking them than this. But make sure you start doing therapy and be persistent
post #418 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 10:00 PM
SAS Member

lol ^^^ trust me when it comes to my own personal experience with phenibut, it has nothing to do with placebo effect..the drug works and is very effective for being legal...it hits the gaba receptors so why is it hard to believe that it works?
post #419 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Forever Young

i thought i would post my experience with this one.

this stuff DOES actually work. with me, I take 2.5 grams and it seems to be perfect. take it on a empty stomach. it does take a while to work. like a hour or maybe a bit more.

after about a hour on 2.5g, i feel a similar effect that i would when i take my xanax xr 1-3mg. you only feel a mild sedation in comparison to a benzo, but the calmness effect is the same.

i also found that when i take 3mg, instead of 2.5, it still works, but an hour or more after it has started to work i get really dizzy and nauseous that last for hours. so you have to get the dosing right.

and also, if i take less than 2.5g, i dont really feel anything. so there is a 500mg threshold between not working, working, and nausea. crazy!

i find phenibut useful if i run out of my benzo's or if i desire a little extra calmness on a day that i know might be anxiety filled. I take phenibut XT from 'serious nutrition solutions'. i dont take it often enough to know anything about withdrawal or tolerance. all i know is if you are having benzo withdrawal, this stuff works wonders. i feel like i want to tear my skin off with benzo withdrawal, then after a hour of taking phenibut, bam, im ok again. i also notice that phenibut works all day, and even into the next day, with the dose im on.

EDIT: oh and its def NOT a placebo effect with this stuff.
post #420 of 1414 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Permanently Banned

This is the best supplement Ive tried for 2 years atleast. Its NOT placebo like allornothing said, and it builds tolerance but thats why it should be used 3x a week at the most.
I used it for 6 days in 2-4 grams a day and stopped and these 3 days without it nothing but then today (the 4th day). I just get mentally "down". So its all good in moderation
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page