Phenibut - Page 12 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #221 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 09:27 AM
SAS Member

^^i would like to see further studies as well...some claim that phenibut is the same as ghb, i think thats ridiculous...others claim they get this profound euphoria which i just shake my head at..others get nothing at all.....its just weird there is such a varied response among people..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 10:07 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfort View Post
^^i would like to see further studies as well...some claim that phenibut is the same as ghb, i think thats ridiculous...others claim they get this profound euphoria which i just shake my head at..others get nothing at all.....its just weird there is such a varied response among people..
NO..It's not anything as strong as GHB nor MDMA but it has effect like them..best I would describe it is like a weak amphetamine such as a low dose of adderall plus xanax with a very slight MDMA type effect...with a ceiling to it..If you try to take too much to get a better effect you just get sick.

Yeah not everyone reacts the same. I suspect it may have to do with the combination of SNRIs or SSRIs used in combination with phenibut.

There is a euphoria, for me. It not very pronounced though--like maybe a very mild MDMA experience without the "rolling." Just an empathetic component to it that i cannot deny. I also get a mild feeling especially when I close my eyes that seems like a cross between amphetamines and benzos(best I can explain it). These effects are there..they aren't overwhelming but cannot be dismissed
Hopefully there will be more studies..well, hopefully it stays under the radar..It isn't really a recreational drug thankfully so big brother should leave it alone or not bother with it..It is a helpful drug for SA though IMHO. Not a miracle by any means--but useful.

A simple pint of brandy and a bowl of weed is much more potent than this..So anyone comparing it to GHB is silly..
post #223 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 02:58 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael James View Post
You bet bro, anything over 3g for me and I am a whole new man. It takes 2-3hrs to kick in but mix in a couple beers or shots and your anxiety free for at least 5-6 hrs (without alcohol it still works great). I find myself talking to random customers at work including girls, just speaking my mind and joking around. It will make you see what "normal" feels like. The key is just to try it and let it work it's magic and you won't even realize your doing it but you are lol. My only dislike is that I can't dose everyday . I wish I knew about it in college....
1. I'm a hypochondriac
2. I would really benefit from phenibut I believe
3. When I was on paxil, it took away all my inhibitions and caused me to do something very dangerous to my liver. (what is what now caused me to be a hypochondriac)
4. I have extreme difficulty being open to taking drugs/meds now.
5. I have read that phenibut causes hepatic encephalopathy (something to do with the rebound effect)

here is the source:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=349830

I hope I don't annoy any of you, as my hypochondria often does to people.

post #224 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 04:44 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaFaFooey View Post
How high is your dose..20mg?
Sorry for the late reply. Yeah still 20mg. I would like to up the dose a bit but I'm trying to go as long as possible on 20 before I go up.

I still haven't looked in to this stuff, but I'm going to ask my doctor next time I see him. I have a social obligation I have to do about once every two weeks which I always find very hard. So it would be really nice if I could take just a bit of it just for that.

I notice that it's sold on Amazon, although it's pretty expensive.

Currently taking 20mg of Paroxetine (Seroxat). It's not very useful. Better than nothing.. but only just.
post #225 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 07:25 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael James View Post
Hmmm that sucks not sure why that is but luckily it still works on SA for me. How long have you been taking it?
I started taking it like 4 or 5 months ago..like at first when I took it I thought it didnt work for me but then one day like a month later I tripled the dosage and it worked amazingly and then I would take it on the weekends and it continued to work. it seemed like it was effective when I was on effexor(couldnt stay on it because I was barely eating or sleeping) and then once I stopped effexor Phenibut didnt offer the SA relief any longer. but it still works well for sleep(which I struggle with getting sleep anyway)

btw I'm going to my Psychiatrist tomorrow and Im not sure what to ask for:

should I ask for Nardil along with A GABA pill like Lyrica?

or Adderall which will provide the dopamine and then add a GABA agonist like Lyrica or GABA reuptake inhibitor like Tigiabine(Gabitril)-which provides the calming effect and prevents insomnia

not sure which path to take
post #226 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 09:51 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
1. I'm a hypochondriac
2. I would really benefit from phenibut I believe
3. When I was on paxil, it took away all my inhibitions and caused me to do something very dangerous to my liver. (what is what now caused me to be a hypochondriac)
4. I have extreme difficulty being open to taking drugs/meds now.
5. I have read that phenibut causes hepatic encephalopathy (something to do with the rebound effect)

here is the source:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=349830

I hope I don't annoy any of you, as my hypochondria often does to people.
As far as could tell that thread had to to with all gaba agonist and not phenibut in particular . I assume it would apply to valium as much as phenibut and even then the study couldn't really be sure that a gaba agonist was the cause.

I certainly do get rebound effect...one of which is high blood pressure...if I suddenly stop taking klonopin. I know that it is recommended I have blood test to check my liver regularly while on klonopin just to be on the safe side..but my doc never even mentioned it..

I don't know if phjenibut is safe..but I don't know of any health related issues from phenibut use either

What I do know is that thread was nearly 7 years old and they haven't pulled the product.
post #227 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhxiv View Post
I started taking it like 4 or 5 months ago..like at first when I took it I thought it didnt work for me but then one day like a month later I tripled the dosage and it worked amazingly and then I would take it on the weekends and it continued to work. it seemed like it was effective when I was on effexor(couldnt stay on it because I was barely eating or sleeping) and then once I stopped effexor Phenibut didnt offer the SA relief any longer. but it still works well for sleep(which I struggle with getting sleep anyway)

btw I'm going to my Psychiatrist tomorrow and Im not sure what to ask for:

should I ask for Nardil along with A GABA pill like Lyrica?

or Adderall which will provide the dopamine and then add a GABA agonist like Lyrica or GABA reuptake inhibitor like Tigiabine(Gabitril)-which provides the calming effect and prevents insomnia

not sure which path to take
That's the sad state of Psychiatry. You ask your doctor for the medication..He should evaluate you(everyone is different) and prescribe the most appropriate medication..
post #228 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
That's the sad state of Psychiatry. You ask your doctor for the medication..He should evaluate you(everyone is different) and prescribe the most appropriate medication..
My Pscychiatrist know what she is talking about.she has been doing this for many years(she is an older woman) so I trust her expertise. with that said she has guaged my personality and knows full well that Im not looking for a fix..ive based my requests on the reviews given here and other resources.

also I asked initially for Adderall and she declined to offer me that until I cycle through some others..today I got what I asked for but she mentioned some other stuff I can try if it doesnt work. but I have high hopes for Nardil
x
post #229 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 08:43 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhxiv View Post
My Pscychiatrist know what she is talking about.she has been doing this for many years(she is an older woman) so I trust her expertise. with that said she has guaged my personality and knows full well that Im not looking for a fix..ive based my requests on the reviews given here and other resources.

also I asked initially for Adderall and she declined to offer me that until I cycle through some others..today I got what I asked for but she mentioned some other stuff I can try if it doesnt work. but I have high hopes for Nardil
x
I'm sorry..I didn't mean to come off like that..I was just commenting how many psychiatrists are just pill pushers and I was thrown by the fact you said either adderall or lyricia which are two completely different medications..So I thought she would just write whatever you asked for.

I am sure she is a good pdoc..You seem to trust her and that is important..

Sorry for even commenting..It was none of my business.

I wish you all the best in getting better
post #230 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 11:03 AM
SAS Member

I think ill give this a try. Alot of people seem to have some good results. I also checked Amazon.com and I see good results as well.

"Im a cop you idiot!!!!"
post #231 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 AM
SAS Member

Does this make anybody more talkative??

"Im a cop you idiot!!!!"
post #232 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 01:37 PM
SAS Member

i just got some from amazon...took 750 mg on friday but didnt really feel anything, so ill try 1g next time. did it make you more talkative?
post #233 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 08:15 PM
SAS Member

^^in my experience phenibut isnt really a pro-social drug like ghb or alcohol..it simply just calms me down and kills my anxiety...basically a tranquilizer that really helps me sleep..socially it makes conversation easier and less draining i guess but it doesnt make me want to go seek someone out to talk to them...
post #234 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 PM
SAS Member

yeah i just need something to help me with job interviews and such-my anxiety always messes me up. How much do you take?
post #235 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 AM
SAS Member

i started out with 2 grams but that was too much...made me dizzy and sleepy..900 mgs had me going nicely when i first started...i have to warn you though, phenibut can make you slower sometimes when it comes to response time and general thought processes...does kill anxiety though..
post #236 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 PM
SAS Member

do you still take that much? i took 1g today and it made me feel a lil weird for like a half hour, but that was it haha. im gonna try a bit more.
post #237 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by efm88 View Post
do you still take that much? i took 1g today and it made me feel a lil weird for like a half hour, but that was it haha. im gonna try a bit more.
Let me know how it goes with job interviews and if phenibut works. I will be doing them soon too. It is supposed to be a nootropic but the above poster said it slows you down so I'm not sure. Don't want them to think I'm dumb or a slow thinker.
post #238 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 09:25 AM
SAS Member

when i dose phenibut ill start out with a gram first thing in the morning on an empty stomach..then around 2 oclock ill take another gram..this has me chilled out all day long and makes sleep very easy to come by...

i dont look at phenibut as a nootropic, it doesnt make me sharper in any degree..it just chills me out...
post #239 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 PM
GSH
SAS Member

So far so good. I like this stuff. I have a cabinet full of Ativan, Xanax and Klonopin and this is more usable for me than benzos. Benzos even at the low does .25mgs shuts me down too much and makes me avoidant around others and the rebound anxiety thes next day is horrible. This phenibut is just right, not too sedating, just right. It doesn't make me more socialable but it does make managing social events more easy.
Positives: Ive never slept better.
Negatives: Two problems, You can't take it everyday and SOMETIMES it slows me down to the point where I am searching for words during conversations. I currently take 1 capsule once a week. It has a short half life but I seem to benefit from it for about 2 days. Probably just me.
Not sure if samples are legal to send out but PM me anyway.

post #240 of 1414 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 02:02 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I'm sorry..I didn't mean to come off like that..I was just commenting how many psychiatrists are just pill pushers and I was thrown by the fact you said either adderall or lyricia which are two completely different medications..So I thought she would just write whatever you asked for.

I am sure she is a good pdoc..You seem to trust her and that is important..

Sorry for even commenting..It was none of my business.

I wish you all the best in getting better

nah its cool. I appreciate your insight. it was adderrall AND Lyrica though..not either or...here was my reasoning: I thought becuase Phenibut had worked so well for me-by enhancing dopamine and GABA production-I figured using a dopamine agonist such as Adderall,along with a GABA agent such as lyrica would produce the same effect on a more consistent basis..does that make sense?...but instead she allowed me to have Lyrica and Nardil...Lyrica is helping with sleep and it seems to have some mild effects on the SA..not sure if I need to increase the dosage...
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page