Passion Flower (passiflora) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Community and Website Administrator

Language: Test123
My Mood: Cheerful

Passion Flower (passiflora)

The medical utility of very few species of Passiflora has been scientifically studied. In initial trials for treatment of generalized anxiety disorder, Maypop extract performed as well as oxazepam but with less short-term side effects. It was recommended to follow up with long-term studies.

More Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passion_flower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 03:41 PM
SAS Member

I tried the drops .. about 30 drops 2-3 times a day.
It didnt work for me, and tasted horrible. I think herbal remedies arent strong enough for me.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 07:44 PM
SAS Member

The passion flower extract I bought reacts differently every time I use it. I can't depend on it to work. Sometimes it makes me drowsy and other times, I feel hyped up. This happens when I am using LTheanine with it, so that may be the cause of the changes. I also may not have shaken the passion flower bottle when I first started taking it and all the good stuff was on the bottom where the dropper was. Even two or three drops would make me sleepy. Wish this was more reliable, because I really need a good nights rest.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 PM
SAS Member

Currently taking this stuff and i would say it is helping. 50mg (4%flavinoids)
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 08:02 PM
is trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbaby View Post
The passion flower extract I bought reacts differently every time I use it. I can't depend on it to work. Sometimes it makes me drowsy and other times, I feel hyped up. This happens when I am using LTheanine with it, so that may be the cause of the changes. I also may not have shaken the passion flower bottle when I first started taking it and all the good stuff was on the bottom where the dropper was. Even two or three drops would make me sleepy. Wish this was more reliable, because I really need a good nights rest.

Have you tried valerian and/or melatonin? I find those work better than passion flower.

"You know that you are recalled to life?"
"They tell me so."
"I hope you care to live?"
"I can't say."

A Tale of Two Cities
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 10:33 PM
SAS Member

I picked up a bottle yesterday and took two 350 mg pills of passion flower. A half hour later I was driving around town, trying to avoid going home (not the best situation) and just trying to think of things to do. Gradually almost all of my social inhibitions lifted and I felt relaxed. I felt happy, confident and more positive. Also I noticed that it helped a lot with my flu-ish symptoms. Today I tried to not be too hopeful, and thought that perhaps it would build up in my system and wear off, but it's the end of the day and while I do not feel quite as happy as I did yesterday, honestly this is the best I've felt in months. Quick warning, it can supposedly lower effectiveness of MAOI's, and its pretty bad for pregnant women.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM
A new guy

I started taking these yesterday. 350mg pills, twice each day. I think in order for any medication and herbal supplement to work right with the least amount of side effects is to exercise and eat right. I will post again in February to tell you how it's going.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Nightspirt

I've been using this in my vapor genie allot lately quite nice, it's not my favorite herb but it's very cheap and the vapor is very smooth

"Pure. ****ing. Armageddon!"
last fm
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 AM
SAS Member

Which brand should I use?
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Nightspirt

I use the straight herb so brand is no concern of mine

"Pure. ****ing. Armageddon!"
last fm
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 AM
SAS Member

I know the method! I've used it to cure my anxiety, too!
I suffered from social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder. Everything was very hard and I had a lot of problems, but now I am free! I enjoy life again and can go in any place. No more fear of illnesses and social situations.

I'm very glad that I don't need to take medication anymore. I paid a lot of money for medication and therapies. Fortunately I don't need anymore. I think that nobody deserves to suffer from Anxiety.
Life is not worth living if you suffer from Anxiety or any other mental illness.

Nobody should miss the opportunity to cure his mental disorder. This is a revolutionary and unique method. It works for everyone! You only need to be open-minded to learn about the anti-conscious and the cause of all mental disorders.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 09:09 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signet View Post
I know the method! I've used it to cure my anxiety, too!
I suffered from social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder. Everything was very hard and I had a lot of problems, but now I am free! I enjoy life again and can go in any place. No more fear of illnesses and social situations.

I'm very glad that I don't need to take medication anymore. I paid a lot of money for medication and therapies. Fortunately I don't need anymore. I think that nobody deserves to suffer from Anxiety.
Life is not worth living if you suffer from Anxiety or any other mental illness.

Nobody should miss the opportunity to cure his mental disorder. This is a revolutionary and unique method. It works for everyone! You only need to be open-minded to learn about the anti-conscious and the cause of all mental disorders.
Pardon? Sounds like an advertisement for...something. I'm not even sure if you were speaking about Passion Flower.

I have a dropper bottle of it in the fridge. I'll try it at some point. For now, I'm sticking to L-Theanine, since I want to isolate one product as being good or not, before moving on to another.

Nice to hear some positive reviews of it from some people.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 AM
SAS Member

I read that if you smoke Passion Flower it's got trace amounts of MAOI's.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

gives me more anxiety
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 AM
uk worrier

I find that this mixed with l-theanine is the most effective of the herbal remedies.Although others swear by Valerian i find this does nothing for me.The causes of anxiety are myriad and i think different things work for different people.I take Diazepam for very stressful situations but its not something i would use every day due to its addictive problems .No problems with the passiflora after a month try it if nothings worked for you.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 12:59 AM
Freesix88

hopefully i'm able to try this out soon

You will never get out because you were never alive!
Anhedonia/Social anxiety
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 02:51 PM
SAS Member

Has anyone smoked passion flower? I'd like to know it's effects when smoked. I asked a woman at a store if they carried bulk passion flower and she gave me a stupid look and I was like I don't want capsules. I want the dried herbs to smoke if it's got MAOs in it and I could absorb it better and faster. I went to another store and got a frappuccino with 1,000 mg. of passion flower and didn't not feel anything.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 04:41 PM
SAS Member

I've been taking it in liquid form for about a week now and feel a ton better.Will it last? I don't know? It sure beats the jacked up side effects of pharmaceuticals.
I started it with Valerian root,but the Valerian made me a touch drowsy.I'm now on the Passion flower drops,30 drops or so,once in the morning and once at night with 30 drops of Valerian.I also take Tumeric drops once a day with Lemon Balm drops.So far so good.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 05:06 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
This sometimes comes mixed with Valerian and hops. The blend seems to be quite calming but it's hard to say whether the presence of the Passion Flower has any effect at all. All I know for sure is Valerian on it's own is very calming.

------------

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - Carlin
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 03:16 PM
SAS Member

I also used Passion Flower Extract to help heal my anxiety. But it was the extract form I used. Don't just get the flower grinded up to a powder and encapsulated. The standardized extract is the one that is more effective. The one I used was by Now Foods. Extract is more concentrated and the active ingredients are standardized to be a certain level. The medicinal qualities are extracted while the other parts are discarded.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page