Panax Ginseng - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 04:51 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumble View Post
I tried ginseng but it didn't do much other than get me hard but that's because I mixed it with gingko Biloba and both are aphrodisiacs lol darn aryuvedics
I'm a young man and I tried Korean ginseng for anxiety. All it did to me was make me as randy as all get out (don't need help with that). I never had erections that hard (lol). Anyways, it made me so nervous that I thought I was going to down a roller coaster. It took a few hours for it to wear off.

As someone said above, most herbs for anxiety issues are frauds (they actually exacerbate the anxiety). Now, for physical issues, many are amazingly effective (I know from the above lol, and others things not mentioned).

The only thing that ever helped me a little bit with my anxiety without placebo effect was Tulsi tea. That's it. I do recommend it.

(Don't mention Kava Kava!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 07:01 PM
SAS Member

ginseng for me seems to help my sweaty hands sweat less, probably the only thing thats had a beneficial effect for that condition. it also kind of calms me down too.
when combined with caffeine though is when it exacerbates anxiety.
also i don't know if this is related but i swear when i take ginseng im coming up with funny **** in my head that makes me laugh, like little funny jokes and observations
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 09:09 PM
SAS Member

Well, it makes me very nervous and sexual. LOL.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 03:20 PM
SAS Member

I say stay away from all stimulants when you have anxiety. But Panax Ginseng is very healthy, and does has a calming effect, the stimulating effect seems to not be conducive to healing anxiety. It isn't stimulating like caffeine, but still. There are other herbs it seems like to take before ginseng when healing anxiety. But then again, maybe some people got results with it. I just know for me. I used the Eastern Essentials Calm and Relaxed remedy which was strengthening but not stimulating.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Snake oil.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 11:22 PM
SAS Member

Cynic for sure! Do me a favor, in the next week or so, after having a stressful weak, wake up at 4 a.m. Upon waking up, place Panax Gingseng or Maca Sublingual drops under your tongue and leave it for about a minute or so( I also add gingko and saw palmetto sublingual drops). ...drink a glass of water then put your running shoes and running shorts and go for a five mile run or 1 mile run if not in shape. Try that for a few days and then post a comment on your experience. By the way, i've done this without any herbal supplements, as mind over matter is a very powerful thing and exercise alone gives you the "runners high"...increase serotonin/endorphins..... However, you can definitely experience a very powerful and mind boosting feeling upon taking Gingseng/Maca and supplementing it with exercise. Not to mention the increase focus and concentration as a result of the combo. Well, this is my personal experience and there is nothing fraudulent about it........ Best Wishes!
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 08:49 AM
SAS Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichomile View Post
Cynic for sure! Do me a favor, in the next week or so, after having a stressful weak, wake up at 4 a.m. Upon waking up, place Panax Gingseng or Maca Sublingual drops under your tongue and leave it for about a minute or so( I also add gingko and saw palmetto sublingual drops). ...drink a glass of water then put your running shoes and running shorts and go for a five mile run or 1 mile run if not in shape. Try that for a few days and then post a comment on your experience. By the way, i've done this without any herbal supplements, as mind over matter is a very powerful thing and exercise alone gives you the "runners high"...increase serotonin/endorphins..... However, you can definitely experience a very powerful and mind boosting feeling upon taking Gingseng/Maca and supplementing it with exercise. Not to mention the increase focus and concentration as a result of the combo. Well, this is my personal experience and there is nothing fraudulent about it........ Best Wishes!
Seems very interesting. Thank you.

What happens? Your anxiety dissipates into the wind? You feel more relaxed than is imaginable? I'm being serious.

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Lonely
Real 15+yr old ginseng root is where it's at.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 10:05 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonBones View Post
Real 15+yr old ginseng root is where it's at.
Hi!

For what? Anxiety relief? Or just overall well-being?
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 10:18 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman33 View Post
Hi!

For what? Anxiety relief? Or just overall well-being?
I never read about the anti anxiety effects, just the overall benefits
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:18 AM
SAS Member

I have taken panax ginseng before and I'd say it does have a mild positive effect on mood. Nothing that impressive.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page