Panax Ginseng - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Community and Website Administrator

Language: Test123
My Mood: Cheerful

Panax Ginseng

Ginseng is any one of eleven distinct species of slow-growing perennial plants with fleshy roots. The roots are taken orally as adaptogens (believed to increase the body's resistance to stress, trauma, anxiety and fatigue), aphrodisiacs (increases sexual desire), nourishing stimulants, and in the treatment of type II diabetes.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginseng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 07:02 PM
SAS Member

I cant believe they sell this crap. I've tried over 5 different brands and taken in excess of 3g with no real effects. And i've tried it long term too
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 09:47 PM
SAS Member

Panax ginseng can be subtle, but it's definitely not a placebo.

If I take it while already anxious, the stimulant effects are overwhelming to me. I get heart palpitations, muscle twitches and severe irritability issues. On top of caffeine, I've gotten chest pain from ginseng.

The only time the effects are hard to identify is when I'm not already in a severe anxiety state. In that case, I get a mild mood lift and increased talkativeness.

I tend to be sensitive to stimulants though.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I am who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porterdog View Post
I cant believe they sell this crap. I've tried over 5 different brands and taken in excess of 3g with no real effects. And i've tried it long term too
People are different. What works for one person may do nothing for another. It does not mean that something is 'crap' just because it did not work for you.

Hoped to find more posts for this subject. Going to get some to make tea with it to wean myself off of coffee and caffiene. I'll post an objective entry after I have tried it for a bit.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I am who I am

Panax Ginseng tea was kind of pricy, so went with capsules instead. So far I've been taking 1 capsule about 2hrs after my morning coffee which I have been making with 50% less grounds than I normaly do. So far no caffiene withdrawl symptoms. I've also been taking Aniracetam lately for the cognition enhancing and anxiolitic effects. The effects from the Aniracetam seem to last longer that when I had previously used it. Could be due to the Ginseng. Not sure, but anxiety and stress are way down this past week anyway. Yeay!

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 01:38 AM
SAS Member

I love ginseng! it works like a charm for me. Ginkgo biloba is also good.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I am who I am

Been still taking Red panax ginsing every morning. No coffee for a week now. Tired, but nothing too bad.

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 AM
SAS Member

I've never tried the supplement by itself but have drank many energy drinks with it included. It seems to enhance concentration and is a nice addition to the caffeine from my experience.

Sorry to disappoint, I currently have nothing witty or philosophical to write here.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 04:05 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
First time i tried NOW Ginseng with Royal Jelly i had an UP feeling and made things i was thinking to do for months (Just 300mg Ginseng).Next day felt nothing.I tried after a week double dose and felt something like good mood again but nothing like the first time.It has already passed 1 year since then and i try again 3 times the dose for Swanson brand (2x500mg) and feel absolutely nothing.I have a strong feeling that Swanson products are pure junk.Never had any results of them and tried many.

Is it possible to develop a life time tolerance to this?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
I've never tried the supplement by itself but have drank many energy drinks with it included. It seems to enhance concentration and is a nice addition to the caffeine from my experience.

I believe that the effects you get from suplements or drinks that contain caffeine is mainly from caffeine by itself and all others are placebo,because it happens to have tried many of the others included and felt nothing.But caffeine surprisingly always works,no matter the brand!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM
SAS Member

Hi, this is my first post, but I've been reading the site extensively over the last few days. I just wanted to add that most ginseng available in the U.S. is not high-quality. I'm not remotely an expert on ginseng, but I lived in South Korea for a little over a year.

What I came to appreciate while I was there was the government-endorsed Cheong Kwan Jang brand. They ensure that the plants have reached maturity and that the ginsenocide levels are high. I purchased a jar of their fairly expensive 6-year old red ginseng extract. The effect was unbelievable; I'm a socially anxious person, but after taking it for a week or so, I went into a staff meeting and owned it. I've never felt such a relaxed, clear-minded confidence. I imagined that it was what CEOs or star athletes felt like all the time. I think that there is some reverse tolerance to get past, and that conversely, the effects are not as pronounced if you consume it three times a day (like the vast majority of Koreans do). All of this, of course, might be different for you.

Anyway, hope that helps. Cheong Kwan Jang is expensive, but I'd recommend trying that before you write ginseng off as a placebo.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 PM
SAS Member

I've tried HerbaLife's LiftOff and it contains Panax ginseng (Root), and it has been the best supplement I've tried yet! It also contains L-Taurine, Caffeine (approximately 75mg), Ginkgo biloba Extract (Leaf), Guarana Extract (Seed), Inositol and Rutin (393mg+.) and plus it has more of your daily value of vitamin B6 (6mg,300%DV) and B12 mcg (200%DV). I'd recommended to any body with stress and anxiety or if you just feel tired. I took it before working out at the gym and I was anxiety free!!! Lasted about 6hrs, and I had so much energy. Its a bit expensive though.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 AM
SAS Member

I'm usually very cautions when trying a new herb but I didn't dig very deep on this one. Anyway, it's not just advertising, but I'm very satisfied with this one
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 08:43 AM
SAS Member

... The product itself is fine, panax ginseng is great although you need to take 6 pills a day to get their advertised amount.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 08:09 PM
SAS Member

dubious

i take whole ginseng roots ($5 each) daily on and off for about 6 years. While i am sure they are benefical in many ways.. i doubt they help much for anxiety. They might make anxiety worse if they over stimulate your system. I have done better with my top 4 : Phenibut, kratom, valerian root, and ephedra.. all of which cost less the $1 per day. I socialize at the local gym.. i take kratom and ephedra about 2 hours before i go and it helps sooo much. They wont raise you from the dead, but they come close!
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 12:20 PM
SAS Member

...took Ginseng years back and the two things I remember reading
dont drink alcohol as it will flush it from your system, and as it takes a few days to vuildup in your system....
..and to use Russian Ginseng over US grown....
...it did give me a boost in energy and a feeling of well being, tho not very strong
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 02:43 PM
GrandCustodian of Synosis

I used over 100 drugs & supplements.

Ginseng & hundreds of other treatments are all fraudulent. They do not increase energy at any dose. They do not decrease anxiety, decrease dysphoria or provide relief of any kind.

The world we live in is fraudulent in all categories & facets of life, and treatments are no exception to this. Even when there are studies that claim a treatment has an impact, those are all incorrect, but are programmed to have "credibility"

There is no such thing as treatments being available to a person - the system is set up to assure every available psychoactive treatment is fraudulent or will backfire & worsen the person. The system is also setup so that no matter how true this is, it will be denied as false by both medical professionals, and the strange population.

There is no such thing as coincidences that come in dozens & hundreds simultaneously, and so it is no coincidence that every available treatment is fraudulent & if something were to be effective in any way, it would be made unavailable. Odds of accidental chance of that are trillions to one.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 08:38 AM
SAS Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
I used over 100 drugs & supplements.

Ginseng & hundreds of other treatments are all fraudulent. They do not increase energy at any dose. They do not decrease anxiety, decrease dysphoria or provide relief of any kind.

The world we live in is fraudulent in all categories & facets of life, and treatments are no exception to this. Even when there are studies that claim a treatment has an impact, those are all incorrect, but are programmed to have "credibility"

There is no such thing as treatments being available to a person - the system is set up to assure every available psychoactive treatment is fraudulent or will backfire & worsen the person. The system is also setup so that no matter how true this is, it will be denied as false by both medical professionals, and the strange population.

There is no such thing as coincidences that come in dozens & hundreds simultaneously, and so it is no coincidence that every available treatment is fraudulent & if something were to be effective in any way, it would be made unavailable. Odds of accidental chance of that are trillions to one.
I feel that most supplements are scam too.I took hundreds too for many years..almost 15...never counted how many different substances..I don't remember anymore some of them,but rarely felt any positive result and if any i believe it was just placebo!
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 AM
SAS Member

The Panax Ginsengs that come in those little small bottles. I let it sit in my mouth, unsure if that makes a difference, but that's what I do, sort of keep it under my tongue for a while.

I've found this substance is unnoticeable if already in good health.

However, if you are extremely fatigued due to stress, or overall exhaustion from life, I find there are few better substances to give you relief from the stress.

Could be placebo sure, but yeah, my own personal experiences tell me that's where the real benefit is.

Raw ginseng is also something I keep around and chew on rarely for additional energy when I want it. At the right moments, whoa is there ever a significant and highly noticeable effect. The stuff acts on serotonin receptors or something. You know the roots you can get in the supermarket. That raw ginseng. Burns the mouth a little like garlic, but yeah, energy boost most certainly and probably safe to say there is mood change for the positive with that energy boost. Tolerance to the stuff seems to build fast for me though. Unsure what long term use does.

Never truly truly been sold on the Red Ginsengs though. I don't know what it is about that stuff, but I've never found myself liking it. I still buy the rare occasional bottle, but as far as noticeable benefits, I just don't notice them.

I guess the other one I've tried is the Siberian, and yeah, I agree there might be some weak endurance effects. But otherwise nothing too noticeable or significant. I still take them every now and then, but not as a daily routine, only when working out, or specifically looking for something to give me endurance.

ASMR Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (works wonders with my anxiety)
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 08:46 PM
SAS Member

I tried ginseng but it didn't do much other than get me hard but that's because I mixed it with gingko Biloba and both are aphrodisiacs lol darn aryuvedics

staying legal, natural, and sober. curiosity can be deadly
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page