Omega 3 Fish Oil - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 02:29 PM
SAS Member

Just wanted to say that I live in the city where this comapnies factory is, and there contact customer center. I was intrigued to see what sort of a company they were, so I contacted them, and then went and visited their customer center, where they get international phone calls and mail (not the factory).

It seemed ok. Its just in a little apartment in a nice area of the city. I didn't visit the factory.

'A 'Leadership' elected by popular vote is not a leadership but the rule of the average, the mediocre.
Real leaders are pioneers. They go ahead, in front, on the basis of understanding and inner convictions, even if they have to go alone.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 12:59 PM
"Why So Serious?"

Fish oil does nothing for anxiety or depression. I have been taking them for 5 months now and the positive effects I have had from this drug is;

- Much more vivid dreams and better dream recall
- Better concentration
- Improved memory
- Healthier skin

The only thing consistent in life is change.
post #63 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Optimism Prime~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ununderstood View Post
Fish oil does nothing for anxiety or depression. I have been taking them for 5 months now and the positive effects I have had from this drug is;

- Better concentration
- Improved memory
- Healthier skin
See my earlier post dude, reduce your Omega 6's (stuff like vegetable oil) as well as continuing to supplement.
You should see even more improvements, as your natural ratio between the 2 factors gets better.

** And it's good to see a fellow gooner on here btw

slow progress is still progress.

post #64 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybear1990 View Post
I did not notice any change in mood with fish oil supplements. I did notice my hair and nails grew really nice... but I noticed a HUGE increase in appetite. I felt constantly hungry so I had to stop taking them.
i think you dreamed that one , omega fish oil aint going to make you hungry,
post #65 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 12:46 AM
SAS Member

Quote:

- Better concentration
- Improved memory
- Healthier skin
Your not takeing them for depression , thats what your ad,s are for. There to help your run down body, not mind.
post #66 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 02:44 AM
SAS Member

As a kid we used to have this drinkable fish oil thing that everyone hated cuz supposedly it tasted bad and I was the only kid that actually liked it...
post #67 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex911 View Post
As a kid we used to have this drinkable fish oil thing that everyone hated cuz supposedly it tasted bad and I was the only kid that actually liked it...
yes thats codliver oil as a kid thats all there was , it was like a spoon of engine oil
post #68 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 03:32 PM
argh

Quote:

- Healthier skin
I just bought some salmon oil yesterday for this very reason. It's kind of vain, but I'm just like: please, oh please, let it work so I can stop worrying about my skin.
post #69 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Spectacular Member

Tried Omega 3 fish oil at 3000mg for 3 months and nothing happened except my wallet got a little lighter.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #70 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 01:29 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr House View Post
Tried Omega 3 fish oil at 3000mg for 3 months and nothing happened except my wallet got a little lighter.
what did you think would happen, its a suppliment not a cure all
post #71 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 11:02 PM
SAS Member

hello all i take fish oil i was told that carlsons fishoil is the best vitaminshoppe carries them..
post #72 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
SAS Member

i generally take it for health my doctor recommends them/.
post #73 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 PM
fellow human

Like someone mentioned above, it didn't do anything noticeable to my anxiety, but it did in fact help make my knees stop hurting when running. It's good for joints.
post #74 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:17 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmyhead View Post
Like someone mentioned above, it didn't do anything noticeable to my anxiety, but it did in fact help make my knees stop hurting when running. It's good for joints.
It's also good for lowering cholesterol.
post #75 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 06:39 AM
SAS Member

I would probably avoid the cheaper fish oil brands you find at walmart or wherever. I buy mine at a health food store. They carry Nordic Naturals which comes from fish only from Norway. There are fisheries in China that are polluted with veterinary drugs etc. Be careful where the fish, and thus the fish oil, comes from.

"Toto IV"
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had............
Sometimes when the world goes crazy all you can do is laugh. It hides the tears.
post #76 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 06:49 AM
unstable

I recently started taking Omega 3 supplement because I heard it's one of those things that prevents cancer...and my dad had it, my aunt had it and my grandmother has it, so I need to do whatever I can.

Any improvement to my anxiety would be a bonus, I've only heard about the physical benefits
post #77 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 09:27 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylicho View Post
I would probably avoid the cheaper fish oil brands you find at walmart or wherever. I buy mine at a health food store. They carry Nordic Naturals which comes from fish only from Norway. There are fisheries in China that are polluted with veterinary drugs etc. Be careful where the fish, and thus the fish oil, comes from.
omega fish oils. thats what you take not just any old fish oil. Its murcury in chinese water,s that was found in tuna .
post #78 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 10:37 AM
SAS Member

I actually take omega 3 fish oil and I have found that I do feel better and I've been taking it for almost a year now. If its not the fish oil that actually does it the placebo effect works for me. Yes there is a risk that fish oil may contain mercury. But a lot of fish oil capsules are purified (or so they claim) so they are free of mercury. I would make sure if you do get the capsules that they have the purified of mercury sticker on the bottle.
post #79 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:26 PM
SAS Member

I take fish oil and b12 - still anxious and depressed
post #80 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 08:29 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I actually take omega 3 fish oil and I have found that I do feel better and I've been taking it for almost a year now. If its not the fish oil that actually does it the placebo effect works for me. Yes there is a risk that fish oil may contain mercury. But a lot of fish oil capsules are purified (or so they claim) so they are free of mercury. I would make sure if you do get the capsules that they have the purified of mercury sticker on the bottle.
The theory is that smaller fish like Herring or Mackerel are better because they are smaller and don't live very long thus they don't pick up very much mercury during their lives.

"Toto IV"
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had............
Sometimes when the world goes crazy all you can do is laugh. It hides the tears.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page