Omega 3 Fish Oil - Page 16 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #301 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca View Post
I found the costco gel caps easier to swallow, I take them with a smoothie which makes it easier to swallow than just water. There is also mega red krill oil fishoil capsules which are much easier to swallow cause they are really small but they cost way more money. Have a piece of banana or some chips to push any pill that doesnt travel all the way down your throat and make sure you align the pill front to back rather than sideways in your mouth when swallowing it.
How do they work in paintball guns? Do they stink if they break? Stinkball wars?

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Spectacular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
How do they work in paintball guns? Do they stink if they break? Stinkball wars?
I don't have a paintball gun so I guess I will never know. They aren't shaped in the shape of a paintball so it may not fire correctly. I have never smelled them because I swallow them whole and don't chew them. Even when they sit in my mouth for 30 seconds or more they still don't break, the outer shell is kinda hard. Fishoil in just liquid form does smell bad though.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #303 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 07:14 AM
SAS Member

I've been taking fish oil in capsule form for a few years now. I can't say it's made a noticeable affect on my mood or anything, but I continue to take it if I can afford it because of the supposed health benefit.

post #304 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 01:48 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
I've started talking high strength Omega-3 (1000mg daily) along with a centrum multivitamin everyday.

Started with headaches last night but seem to be ok today.

Seems to help with my heart since I used to get a lot of strange rhythms due to anxiety. I've read it also is good for lowering blood pressure so going to stick with this for a couple of weeks and see if it improves things any.
post #305 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 02:26 PM
SAS Member

Ah Wikipedia >< Consumers should be aware of fish oil 'capsules' and oxidation of said capsules via themselves or the processing of the fish oil. The oxidation of the fish oil renders it useless for benefits and basically flushing money down the drain; thus reducing wanted efficacy. Basically the lipids undergo peroxidation (because, hey, highly unsaturated) and the EPA and DHA levels are therefore dramatically decreased. In fact, it may even be harmful to consume (free radicals, aldehydes ect, fat which can actually increase your chances of blocking arteries).

http://www.nature.com/articles/srep07928
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23105601

It is highly dependent on source and quality. One study, I believe, only 11% met the guidelines with low oxidation. I would recommend against just going to the local store and picking up a supplement off the shelf expecting it to actually contain the DHA and EPA levels you need. Many of the studies in support of utilization omega-3 fatty acids are using it in its pure form. Rather than some preserved soft gel or capsule you get over the counter.

Vulnerability is a feast. Don't let them see, don't let them see.
post #306 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Bless the rains in Africa

Language: Japanese/Hiroshima, Pidgin, Hebrew, African, Mexican, 7-11
My Mood: Innocent
Interesting. I don't think any dietary supplement is going to do much if anything for moderate-severe anxiety though...

Now, If and when the notion of thy marital conflict presents itself amid discussion, I shall acknowledge and exude multitudes of sympathy from within. For as long as you shall encounter aforesaid botheration, I am your biological father.

In the spirit of remaining candid and forthright, personal grievances of mine rein ad infinitum. Per contra, interpersonal differences between female companionship and I, of irreconcilable ilk, do not appear to be among such aforementioned affliction.
post #307 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 04:50 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
You probably have to take a number of vitamins to be cured
post #308 of 318 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 08:39 PM
SAS Member

fish oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by renski View Post
depends on the epa/dha levels in the fish oil, you need around 1000mg of epa daily to notice anything.
I agree it has to have high EPA at least 1000mg.After a year or so of hardly any anxiety due to work (that is where all my anxiety comes from) I had a bad week last week and went right back to full anxiety mode and depressed. It really scared me and made me feel down. I had bought Omega3 Mood from Country Life in Amazon and had noticed before the benefits but was taking it once a week or so and only one capsule.
The anxiety also caused heartburn. I took something for that and 2 omega 3 which is the suggested dosage with 1000mg EPA and immediately felt like the anxiety and despair was gone, and i can think clearer, also the fear of having to speak in public at my job diminished and my brain is too calm to let thoughts like what are my coworkers thinking about me, bother me.
I took 2 caps last night and the feeling lasted all day. I started to notice it decreasing a bit tonight so i took another 2 pills and feel no anxiety again. I hope that this continues to work and help me go through this bump.
post #309 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 06:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Amazed
I love taking omega 3 it helps a lot. Have you ever tried Hemp Oil though ? The best is if you can get Hemp Oil that already had CBD in it.

The 1) thing to use for social anxiety is to start supplementing with CBD Hemp Oil every day, 2 times a day. You don't get high, but that's good because then its non addictive. You need to take it for two weeks to see results. I think a lot less now, don't feel so down on myself. When I don't take it then I really relaize how much it is helping me.

It is legal in the USA now, because it is hemp oil non psychoactive.

I take the Oil of Sunshine variety. In the USA it can be mailed to you because it is legal. |Don't know about |Europe . Once it came from the company I found it to really help me get off Meds.
post #310 of 318 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 05:02 AM
SAS Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeBeautifull View Post
I love taking omega 3 it helps a lot. Have you ever tried Hemp Oil though ? The best is if you can get Hemp Oil that already had CBD in it.

The 1) thing to use for social anxiety is to start supplementing with CBD Hemp Oil every day, 2 times a day. You don't get high, but that's good because then its non addictive. You need to take it for two weeks to see results. I think a lot less now, don't feel so down on myself. When I don't take it then I really relaize how much it is helping me.

It is legal in the USA now, because it is hemp oil non psychoactive.

I take the Oil of Sunshine variety. In the USA it can be mailed to you because it is legal. |Don't know about |Europe . Once it came from the company I found it to really help me get off Meds.
We are taking the same supplements! im taking fish oil and hemp protein shake as my occasional meal replacement.

i recently switched my gnc fish oil to salve oleum 3-6-9 and their krill oceanus and i never looked back.

its the first time i felt this "calming benefit" of a fish oil after taking it for a long time.

lucky i discovered this brand because i also found out that they have this hemp protein shake called david's delight.

its quite life changing when you find the right combination of supplements.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2vb61w3.jpg

Last edited by trevorgallo; 05-16-2017 at 05:04 AM. Reason: wrong
post #311 of 318 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:12 AM
metamorphosis

Language: English, meme lingo
My Mood: Psychedelic
I take krill oil for its brain fog reducing benefits. It seems to work when I take 1000mg of it, but not when I take more. Krill oil is so expensive... I got the 60 capsules bottle I have now for $20, but its RRP was $90. T_T I'd get it over fish oil any day if it was more affordable. If only for the astaxanthin.

I'll consider buying and using it (on sale if possible ofc lmao) as part of my daily regimen for the foreseeable future if I judge it as being effective after the bottle is empty. Otherwise I'll just stick to fish oil, which I'm sure my wallet would appreciate.
post #312 of 318 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 06:49 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafahur View Post
We have to stop expecting that some magical chemical is going to do the homework for us! leave poor fish alone swimming in the seas. Of course omega 3 dealers will claim that it keeps you happy, that it grants you eternal life and stuff and that superman endorses it...

The task at hand is to learn to live peaceful happy lives by ourselves, with the power of our minds alone without resorting to external stuff.
Our minds are often what put us in these situations to begin with, relying solely on them won't work for everyone. However, I see what you mean and, even if they don't actually do anything, then a placebo that can offer a shred of confidence or keep us going a little longer won't do us any harm. (Note: I'm not saying fish oil is ineffective, I'm speaking in general terms.)
post #313 of 318 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Flying Backwards

IMO, this is the definition of snake oil. I mean I suppose it's possible that this stuff can be beneficial in a roundabout way. But to promote it as a miracle supplement just reeks of snake oil.

------------

post #314 of 318 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 01:22 PM
SAS Member

The risk with fish oil is the pollution and heavy metals they can contain, can you actually now the origin of those oils ? What fish, where has it been caught etc and/or its safety ?
post #315 of 318 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Some people juggle geese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabil View Post
The risk with fish oil is the pollution and heavy metals they can contain, can you actually now the origin of those oils ? What fish, where has it been caught etc and/or its safety ?
That's why people recommend getting molecularly distilled fish oil. Also recommend getting one that is certified sustainable. Just starting, so not sure of benefits.
post #316 of 318 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 02:32 AM
Flying Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabil View Post
In my opinion, I think it's more likely to just be money down the drain than it is to actually be significantly harmful.

But if you're going to do it I would suggest buying it somewhere like Costco. If you've ever been to Costco you know they usually only have one brand of everything and most of what they carry has been carefully chosen to be the one they carry. I'm sure they've made mistakes but I have been very satisfied with the multivitamins I have bought there.

Obviously, it's entirely subjective as to whether anything does anything or not. I've tried fish oil and didn't notice a difference in anything so I stopped throwing money away. I started taking multivitamins and noticed a significant difference in my overall health. Was not a miracle for SA but I'm skeptical about everything. I believe multivitamins work if you get a decent one.

------------

post #317 of 318 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 04:49 PM
SAS Member

I have tried one month of Fish oil, but I can't rly say if it did something or not, maybe I should try a better product, it's also a matter of dosage and EPA/DHA ratio, I heard from a good and well informed source, that it is the EPA that you actually need for anxiety and mood and not DHA, preferably a daily dose of 1000mg EPA and minimum of DHA, don't even know if such product exists

And yes it's costly :/
post #318 of 318 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 10:05 PM
SAS Member

Nature's Bounty 1200mg works well for my joints. But keep in mind that overuse of fish oil may result in unwanted levels of mercury in your system. It's important to keep an eye for whether the mercury has been removed from the oil. I also wouldn't just go for a certain type of fish meat too frequently, simply because it is rich in omega-3. The mercury-high fish should be, in general, consumed on a very limited basis. This video (youtube.com/watch?v=WO4aZRZ0jP4) summarizes which fish have low/high mercury levels and how many rations per month are safe for kids/adults.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page