Omega 3 Fish Oil - Page 15 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #281 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 03:35 AM
N00b

I've tried it, mainly in the Ginkgo Biloba form. I find it doesn't do much for me. I've heard it works well for others, though. To each their own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 10:57 AM
SAS Member

I've tried it for 3-4 months now, 3 capsules per day, haven't noticed any difference to be honest, at all.
post #283 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 04:54 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikn View Post
I've tried it for 3-4 months now, 3 capsules per day, haven't noticed any difference to be honest, at all.
Likewise.
In fact it always gives me a nasty fishy taste in my mouth and throat; like I just swallowed a raw trout.
lmao

post #284 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 12:18 PM
SAS Member

Haven't almost much noticed a change except my mood is more balanced for anxiety its pretty useless
post #285 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 06:43 PM
melancholic loner

I took large doses, usually around 4 grams to reduce my inflammation. It had a very nice mood stabilizing effect and I would notice an improvement in my depression even on my worst days. The brand I was buying from is a bit expensive, so I haven't had any more in a while.
post #286 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 08:44 PM
SAS Member

I never knew this. I took omega 3 fish oil along with biotin for my hair. But I thought it was strange how when I did take it my mood seemed better. I just thought maybe it was a pure coincidence. I stopped taking it recently out of laziness but I'm going to start again.
post #287 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 04:16 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedTiger View Post
Likewise.
In fact it always gives me a nasty fishy taste in my mouth and throat; like I just swallowed a raw trout.
lmao
This. Fishy taste and no noticeable effect.

The brand I bought was the cheapest though, so that might have something to do with it. Probably not though, because I've taken more expensive brands in the past and still failed to notice an effect. I have only been taking it for two weeks though, so maybe it takes longer to kick in? I doubt it somehow.
post #288 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:40 AM
SAS Member

I've been taking a omega 3 capsule daily for a while now, when I was researching it, I found that the styrofoam cup test is the best way to find a quality fish oil because some of them are pure garbage!

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this because it's a pretty long thread and I only skimmed through it.

I'm so zen, My heart needs to beat only every now and then.
post #289 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:22 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: In Love
Does this also apply to omega 3 fish sticks?

Zwo, Eins, Risiko
Let's get dangerous
post #290 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 04:16 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sorrow View Post
Does this also apply to omega 3 fish sticks?
Was this for me?
If so, I doubt it. Omega fish sticks are made with fish that doesn't contain much omega 3 oil, normally cod and pollock. I would research though because I'm not sure.

I'm so zen, My heart needs to beat only every now and then.
post #291 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 01:32 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: In Love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolathesickrose View Post
Was this for me?
If so, I doubt it. Omega fish sticks are made with fish that doesn't contain much omega 3 oil, normally cod and pollock. I would research though because I'm not sure.
I was just wondering because people here are writing about capsules and I saw fish sticks that advertise having omega 3 in the super marked.

Zwo, Eins, Risiko
Let's get dangerous
post #292 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 09:45 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
Omega 3 has greatly improved my brain function and mental concentration. I'm currently using this Omega 3 http://www.amztk.com/ultimate-omega and I've seen amazing results!! This is a real good quality fish oil with extremely high levels of EPA and DHA. Whoever I recommended this too has not been let down!
post #293 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 03:34 PM
SAS Member

I haven't seen a difference in my mood, but this sardine fish oil has made my skin less dry and it helps me not get eczema. This naturopathic doctor recommended it.
post #294 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Spectacular Member

I haven't seen any difference in my mood that correlates with taking fishoil everyday, but I did notice my skin is a lot better! All my acne is gone.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #295 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 07:37 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
Supplements industry is a multibillion one. Anything works in ads but few (if any) in real life. Placebo FTW!
post #296 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Spectacular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercowboy View Post
Supplements industry is a multibillion one. Anything works in ads but few (if any) in real life. Placebo FTW!
I wasn't aware Costco advertised their Kirkland fishoil(where I buy my fishoil), but I guess I never really look at costco ads, I just toss them in the garbage the moment they hand me them as I walk through the door. My skin is completely clear now and it never has been before, even after using tons of "non supplement products" at the drugstore most of my life. Yeah, I guess that is just a coincidence... right.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #297 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 09:00 PM
#SaveTheOA

My Mood: Inspired
Do you swallow the pill or break it in your mouth? It's too big to swallow afraid it will get stuck in my throat, and I've been breaking it in my mouth all the time and it tastes nasty and fishy. So then I stopped taking it.

🐞
"I live for the progress I've made."
🦋
post #298 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 03:39 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
Forums are full of supplement promoters. Buyer beware!

post #299 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 09:24 AM
Spectacular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingmind View Post
Do you swallow the pill or break it in your mouth? It's too big to swallow afraid it will get stuck in my throat, and I've been breaking it in my mouth all the time and it tastes nasty and fishy. So then I stopped taking it.
I found the costco gel caps easier to swallow, I take them with a smoothie which makes it easier to swallow than just water. There is also mega red krill oil fishoil capsules which are much easier to swallow cause they are really small but they cost way more money. Have a piece of banana or some chips to push any pill that doesnt travel all the way down your throat and make sure you align the pill front to back rather than sideways in your mouth when swallowing it.

post #300 of 318 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 01:03 PM
#SaveTheOA

My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca View Post
I found the costco gel caps easier to swallow, I take them with a smoothie which makes it easier to swallow than just water. There is also mega red krill oil fishoil capsules which are much easier to swallow cause they are really small but they cost way more money. Have a piece of banana or some chips to push any pill that doesnt travel all the way down your throat and make sure you align the pill front to back rather than sideways in your mouth when swallowing it.
Aww thank you!!!!!!!

🐞
"I live for the progress I've made."
🦋
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page