L-Tyrosine - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Querdenker

My Mood: Confused
Tyrosine must be taken on an empty stomach.

cheer up - God is with you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
SAS Member

i like these natural remedies they seem to work the best for me when it comes to SA
post #23 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 03:37 AM
SAS Member

Tyrosine had next to no effect for me. If anything it actually made me a bit more jittery.

post #24 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 06:57 AM
SAS Member

Tyrosine+5HTP

Tyrosine MUST be taken with 5HTP (or tryptophan ). When you raise one neurotransmitter pre-cursor you lower the other. Tyrosine also does not produce a tolerance. You need to start taking methylation co-factors to keep it working. Cystiene being the best. You don't need to take 5htp or tyrosine apart, or on an empty stomach or with a carbohydrate. Little was understood about amino acids but now it is being discovered that there is a lot of myth surrounding their use.

Google Dr. Dan Kalish- Brain drain, which is a very good podcast.

Read www.naturerulesok.com
post #25 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 AM
I am who I am

Tyrosine and Vitamin C

Anyone else try taking Tyrosine at the same time as Vitamin C?
I was researching Vit C and came across this:

Quote:
Ascorbic acid performs numerous physiological functions in the human body. These functions include the synthesis of collagen, carnitine, and neurotransmitters; the synthesis and catabolism of tyrosine....
and
Quote:
Vitamin C acts as an electron donor for eight different enzymes......one modulates tyrosine metabolism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_C

I took 500mg tyrosine this morning along with 500mg Vit C and it produced a feeling similar to about 10mg dexedrine (which I have a prescription for due to having a bit of narcolepsy)

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
post #26 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 AM
SAS Member

Love this, and perfectly content with it if I cant get DLPA. DLPA is better though because it converts to tyrosine along with its other mechanism.
post #27 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregd666 View Post
Tyrosine MUST be taken with 5HTP (or tryptophan ). When you raise one neurotransmitter pre-cursor you lower the other. Tyrosine also does not produce a tolerance. You need to start taking methylation co-factors to keep it working. Cystiene being the best. You don't need to take 5htp or tyrosine apart, or on an empty stomach or with a carbohydrate. Little was understood about amino acids but now it is being discovered that there is a lot of myth surrounding their use.

Google Dr. Dan Kalish- Brain drain, which is a very good podcast.

Read www.naturerulesok.com
I havent looked that up yet but its not NEEDED to take 5htp with it...Plus if i took tyrosine with food I wouldnt even feel it.

TO EVERYONE TAKING TYROSINE: take it on an empty stomach atleast 30-min to an hour before eating. And take some b vitamins with it. Im prettty sure Vitamin C is good to take with it also but its worked without it.

If you dont like stimulants, you wont like tyrosine. I had anxiety physically but tyrosine didnt make me more anxious because i was happy, content and stimulated enough to focus on the positive.
post #28 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Reposed in awesomeness...

Tyrosine doesn't do sh*t. You're not going to start releasing more dopamine by taking tyrosine. It wont happen, get over it...

I am currently reposed on a stratum of my own pure abstract awesomeness(cubed)...

Diphenidine and ethylphenidate FTW!

Social anxiety can bite my arse...
post #29 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt neurotic View Post
Unfortunately you can develop a tolerance to L-tyrosine.I just saw a study on Pubmed saying it was ineffective with adhd because all the subjects got tolerance after 2 weeks.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3300376
This was not a double blind placebo controled trial. The results are meaningless. Some of the people claim their ADHD got better then they realised it hadn't. That sounds more plausible to me. How come there is not reported tolerance to amphetamine or methylphenidate in ADHD treatment? Because the D4 reseptor does not downregulate. End of discussion...

I am currently reposed on a stratum of my own pure abstract awesomeness(cubed)...

post #30 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny neurotic View Post
Tyrosine doesn't do sh*t. You're not going to start releasing more dopamine by taking tyrosine. It wont happen, get over it...
No one needs to hear your negativity. "get over it" i think you should get over it. It works for some and doesnt for others and that can be for many reasons. Yes, even having a bad outlook like you do.
post #31 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
This was not a double blind placebo controled trial. The results are meaningless. Some of the people claim their ADHD got better then they realised it hadn't. That sounds more plausible to me. How come there is not reported tolerance to amphetamine or methylphenidate in ADHD treatment? Because the D4 reseptor does not downregulate. End of discussion...
No tolerance? please post your source sir. And then hope I dont reply in a pessimistic way and write "those studies mean nothing" LOL man get over it.
You can hit me up anytime if somethings bothering you . PEACE
post #32 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniferumPapi View Post
No one needs to hear your negativity. "get over it" i think you should get over it. It works for some and doesnt for others and that can be for many reasons. Yes, even having a bad outlook like you do.
Empirical data or GTFO. What is so bad about my outlook? I like to see evidence and the evidence for this is non-existent. So please, take your protestations elsewhere...

post #33 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
No tolerance? please post your source sir. And then hope I dont reply in a pessimistic way and write "those studies mean nothing" LOL man get over it.
You can hit me up anytime if somethings bothering you . PEACE
Go away. If you bothered to do even a preliminary amount of research you would see that the D4 receptor(the one that is implicated in ADHD) does not downregulate, ergo no tolerance...

Thank you. Goodbye...

post #34 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Go away. If you bothered to do even a preliminary amount of research you would see that the D4 receptor(the one that is implicated in ADHD) does not downregulate, ergo no tolerance...

Thank you. Goodbye...
Quote:
Empirical data or GTFO. What is so bad about my outlook? I like to see evidence and the evidence for this is non-existent. So please, take your protestations elsewhere...
look man, first of all, know that alot of "studies" are backed by money. Thats just one point I want to make and to not be so one-sided. "Empirical data or GTFO"? What the hell does that mean? Theres "evidence" that some SSRI's are relatively safe, yet the deaths behind them (even infant deaths) are covered up real good and doesnt hit the media. Try to research deeper into things with an open mind and look at both sides of it.

Im not saying your wrong, but you coming in here bashing a treatment isnt necessarily helping anyone. In fact its totally detrimental. What if someone read your post thinking that you seemed very knowledgeable and never tried it? What if it would of worked for them?

Point made.
post #35 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
look man, first of all, know that alot of "studies" are backed by money. Thats just one point I want to make and to not be so one-sided.
D4 receptors have been demonstrated to NOT downregulate in response to agonism. If you can demonstrate otherwise I'd love to read your paper when you publish it in a respected journal.

Quote:
"Empirical data or GTFO"? What the hell does that mean?
It means what it means. Without empirical data there really is no debate. People say homeopathy and dowsing works but where is the evidence?

Quote:
Theres "evidence" that some SSRI's are relatively safe, yet the deaths behind them (even infant deaths) are covered up real good and doesnt hit the media. Try to research deeper into things with an open mind and look at both sides of it.
I look at as many sides as I can. You are fudging the issue by going of on a tangent. Stick to the issue at hand.

Quote:
Im not saying your wrong, but you coming in here bashing a treatment isnt necessarily helping anyone. In fact its totally detrimental. What if someone read your post thinking that you seemed very knowledgeable and never tried it? What if it would of worked for them?
If tyrosine was an effective treatment for SA there would be more than just a couple of posts in favour of it. I would question everything about the cases where it "appears" to work. First of all what is the extent of these individuals' SA? How is it effecting there lives? How long have they suffered from SA. What kind of symptoms do they experience and how often? Is it possible that they suffer from schizotypal personality disorder(very important that one)? How long have they been using tyrosine and what improvements have they noted? How great a reduction in symptoms have they experienced? What kinds of things can they do now that they couldn't before? How reliable are the effects(there's no point in sayng that it worked last tuesday but things haven't quite been as good since)?

There are so many factors to take into account and no empirical data whatsoever. I am not mearly skeptical of this I am, frankly, annoyed by the existence of this thread. It is right up there with the "Stop masturbating" and the "you just need to accept it" threads...

post #36 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
D4 receptors have been demonstrated to NOT downregulate in response to agonism. If you can demonstrate otherwise I'd love to read your paper when you publish it in a respected journal.

It means what it means. Without empirical data there really is no debate. People say homeopathy and dowsing works but where is the evidence?

I look at as many sides as I can. You are fudging the issue by going of on a tangent. Stick to the issue at hand.

If tyrosine was an effective treatment for SA there would be more than just a couple of posts in favour of it. I would question everything about the cases where it "appears" to work. First of all what is the extent of these individuals' SA? How is it effecting there lives? How long have they suffered from SA. What kind of symptoms do they experience and how often? Is it possible that they suffer from schizotypal personality disorder(very important that one)? How long have they been using tyrosine and what improvements have they noted? How great a reduction in symptoms have they experienced? What kinds of things can they do now that they couldn't before? How reliable are the effects(there's no point in sayng that it worked last tuesday but things haven't quite been as good since)?

There are so many factors to take into account and no empirical data whatsoever. I am not mearly skeptical of this I am, frankly, annoyed by the existence of this thread. It is right up there with the "Stop masturbating" and the "you just need to accept it" threads...
You must really piss people off for being so narrow-minded. I dont mean to judge, but maybe your only like this on the internet. My biggest problem is you trying to say "It doesnt work, close this thread down, its bull****". Get out of this thread then. And i knew you bashed the masturbation thread also. Wow. Did it tick an emotional response from you or what?

Look man, no one is forcing you to give your opinion on these threads. So if you got nothing to add, best stay out of it. Besides, the masturbation thread has helped some (even 1 person helped would be a positive outcome). Theres alot of negativity and pessimism on this forum, and your in that group of people Ive noticed.

Yes, I know everyone has a different degree and cause of their anxiety. Its pretty obvious. So right there you are contradicting yourself. Everyone has different degree and cause of SA, therefore everyone will be helped by different means. <---I'd be surprised if you tried to turn that around.

P.S. Are you cured of SA?
post #37 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
You must really piss people off for being so narrow-minded.
On what do you base your conclusion that I am narrow minded? Because I am wary of the placebo effect and peoples capacity for self deception? Because I like empirical data? Because I bother to actually research things and have a fair degree of certainty that homeostasis will prevent the upping of an amino acid from upping the levels of a corresponding neurotransmitter. Dopmamine is the precursor to noradrenaline. But elevated dopamine doesn't cause elevated noradrenaline because it just doesn't work like that.

Quote:
I dont mean to judge, but maybe your only like this on the internet.
lol. There are many people who would seek to disabuse you of that notion.

Quote:
My biggest problem is you trying to say "It doesnt work, close this thread down, its bull****". Get out of this thread then.
I didn't say the thread should be closed. I am not a fan of censorship.

Quote:
And i knew you bashed the masturbation thread also. Wow. Did it tick an emotional response from you or what?
Oh, very grown up of you.

Quote:
Look man, no one is forcing you to give your opinion on these threads.
I know. I'm giving my opinion for the sheer enjoyment of it. What's your excuse?

Quote:
So if you got nothing to add, best stay out of it. Besides, the masturbation thread has helped some (even 1 person helped would be a positive outcome). Theres alot of negativity and pessimism on this forum, and your in that group of people Ive noticed.
How many times does the placebo effect have to be mentioned?

Quote:
Yes, I know everyone has a different degree and cause of their anxiety. Its pretty obvious. So right there you are contradicting yourself. Everyone has different degree and cause of SA, therefore everyone will be helped by different means. <---I'd be surprised if you tried to turn that around.
So a few of the people on here were actually suffering from tyrosine deficiency? Who would have guessed it. Now for those of use with real mental health problems some real strategies are in order.

Quote:
P.S. Are you cured of SA?
Cured? Of the anxiety, yes. Of the basic cognitive deficit which begat the anxiety? No. And I don't think that will ever go away. The anxiety, in the grand scheme of it, was the easy part...

post #38 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
On what do you base your conclusion that I am narrow minded? Because I am wary of the placebo effect and peoples capacity for self deception? Because I like empirical data? Because I bother to actually research things and have a fair degree of certainty that homeostasis will prevent the upping of an amino acid from upping the levels of a corresponding neurotransmitter. Dopmamine is the precursor to noradrenaline. But elevated dopamine doesn't cause elevated noradrenaline because it just doesn't work like that.

No, because you believe everything you read and people that talk about placebo aas much as you do seriously have a hard time not saying everything is a placebo. Answer this, why are you even researching what can be different for alot of people? That alone is what I call being narrow minded and not being able to accept any other outcome. Science has been wrong many times, and like i said, lots of studies are backed by the Pharma industry.

lol. There are many people who would seek to disabuse you of that notion.

Good, I never said I knew for sure.

I didn't say the thread should be closed. I am not a fan of censorship.

Do you think trying to debunk everything and not accepting other possibilities is that much better?

Oh, very grown up of you.

Serious question, dont avoid it.

I know. I'm giving my opinion for the sheer enjoyment of it. What's your excuse?

Go have fun somewhere else then, my excuse is to not let you make people believe everything is a placebo.

How many times does the placebo effect have to be mentioned?

Once.

So a few of the people on here were actually suffering from tyrosine deficiency? Who would have guessed it. Now for those of use with real mental health problems some real strategies are in order.

No one said anything of deficiency. You might be one of those people, so I advise you find your OWN remedies instead of attacking ones that didn't work for you.

Cured? Of the anxiety, yes. Of the basic cognitive deficit which begat the anxiety? No. And I don't think that will ever go away. The anxiety, in the grand scheme of it, was the easy part...
What cognitive deficit are you talking about if you dont mind me asking?
post #39 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
What cognitive deficit are you talking about if you dont mind me asking?
It's difficult to quote you when you put you responses into your quote of my post.

Cognitive deficits relating to social timing, aptness, etc. It is a common theme in many of the posts of this forum. I don't think everyone here has the same disorder but there are a few like me, who have similar experiences. Some people on here I think are just neurotic as hell. Others have some kind of weird personality disorders. But a few of us have Social Anxiety Disorder. My findings are that this has something to do with the orbital cortex and the glutamatergic system but I ma still refining my theory...

In response to some of the other stuff you wrote;

I don't know where you are coming from but how can I believe EVERYTHING yet disagree with what I have read here about tyrosine? To quote an old robot phrase, "DOES NOT COMPUTE!"

I don't try to debunk everything. Only that which I feel is bunk...

post #40 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
And i knew you bashed the masturbation thread also. Wow. Did it tick an emotional response from you or what?
The masturbation BS did piss me off and for this reason; I have suffered from SA for as long as I can remember and some religious nut-bags want to tell me that it is because I touch myself too much. And don't fool yourself, this is blatant right wing christian BS. I find these religious nuts are just far too interested in other peoples genitals. It's rather perverse, actually.

The website yourbrainonporndotcom is always mentioned and I checked out it's credentials. A whole bunch of articles on the mating habits of rats and some stuff about dopamine receptors but NOTHING of any consequence. Never mind that the real thing gets my dopamine levels going way more than some web based visual aid ever could(of course I am basing that on subjective experience and not an empirical measure of my dopamine transmission but you get the idea).

I bugs me because here we are; low down and strung out and someone wants to tell us its cos we w&nk too munch. F*(k off with that one, BIG TIME...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page