Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Supplements (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f56/)
-   -   L-Tyrosine (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f56/l-tyrosine-84141/)

Helena_SAS 02-26-2010 01:08 PM

L-Tyrosine

Tyrosine is an amino acid that has been found to be useful during conditions of stress, cold, fatigue, but has not been found to have any significant effect on mood, cognitive or physical performance in normal circumstances.

More Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrosine

Helena_SAS 03-01-2010 01:43 PM

Increasing Dopamine

(Copied over from old review system)

Posted by Beggiatoa
Treatment Experience
What has given me the best results in improving how I interact socially is increasing Dopamine levels in the brain. Research shows that D2 receptor activity is either impaired or low in patients with social phobia. This makes the use of dopamine precursors an important symptomatic treatment modality for this disorder.

I take1.5 grams of Tyrosine first thing in the morning upon waking and always on an empty stomach. Drinking some juice or any other carb. can also improve absorption.

On this treatment, I've noticed an increase in energy and motivation. My mood is more stable and I even break a smile here and there. I don't experience anticipatory anxiety prior to a social situation and my behavior around people seems more fluent and natural.

On days where I forget to take it, just leaving my house gives me terrible anxiety. My eyes tear up and I feel this overwhelming tension concentrated in my face and head.

I have also obtained similar, although inconsistent results with cholinergic supplements like CDP-choline and Lecithin. However, using Tyrosine everyday does not seem to produce tolerance and its effect does not decrease over time.

I highly recommend it!

Helena_SAS 03-01-2010 01:44 PM

helps me

Posted by njwood60
Social Anxiety Background
Severe general anxiety disorder and social anxiety. All my life. Also mild autism spectrum disorder

Other Treatments
Psychiatric treatment for the past 2 and a half years

Turmeric (just started - will report more later)

Tried one Mao inhibiter but it made me too nauseous

Treatment Experience
Hi

I take 1g of tyrosine on an empty stomach in the morning. I too believe that in my case the key to reducing my anxiety is increasing the dopamine levels

I found Tyrosine is the only thing that has had an effect on my social anxiety. It just seems to make things easier and allows me to mellow out more.

I was originally taking 1.5g, 1g in the morning and 500mg early evening. This worked even better for the anxiety, but had the effect of causing depression. The scientific reason for this would be that the tyrosine competes with l-tryptophan to get into the brain and the tyrosine wins. Hence you have less l-trytophan in the brain, so less serotonin so a tendency towards depression.

I may yet try 1,5g all in the morning to see if this works OK, but in the meantime I have started on an extract of Turmeric (called curcumin) which can boost both dopamine and serotonin. Only 2 days into it so will report back when I see what effect it has.

Helena_SAS 03-01-2010 01:44 PM

way too speedy

Posted by alive
Became a loner since age twelve and quite honestly wouldnt change that even if I cured my social anxiety disorder..

Other Treatments
Lots of supplements and long distance running

Treatment Experience
I use tyrosine for periods of depression only.. I have found it to make me way too manic to relax in social situations.. I wouldn't recommend this amino acid to relax, but to keep it in reserve for depression only.. It works great for me, but could not use it daily because of its manic effect..

Helena_SAS 03-01-2010 01:45 PM

i gave it a shot

Posted by Danny lightning
anxiety for about 12 years nothing seems to work for me..

Other Treatments
drugs that made me worse.. no more of that

Treatment Experience
did nothing for me at all

rrhxiv 11-27-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 1279834)

Posted by njwood60
Severe general anxiety disorder and social anxiety. All my life. Also mild autism spectrum disorder

Other Treatments
Psychiatric treatment for the past 2 and a half years

Turmeric (just started - will report more later)

Tried one Mao inhibiter but it made me too nauseous

Treatment Experience
Hi

I take 1g of tyrosine on an empty stomach in the morning. I too believe that in my case the key to reducing my anxiety is increasing the dopamine levels

I found Tyrosine is the only thing that has had an effect on my social anxiety. It just seems to make things easier and allows me to mellow out more.

I was originally taking 1.5g, 1g in the morning and 500mg early evening. This worked even better for the anxiety, but had the effect of causing depression. The scientific reason for this would be that the tyrosine competes with l-tryptophan to get into the brain and the tyrosine wins. Hence you have less l-trytophan in the brain, so less serotonin so a tendency towards depression.

I may yet try 1,5g all in the morning to see if this works OK, but in the meantime I have started on an extract of Turmeric (called curcumin) which can boost both dopamine and serotonin. Only 2 days into it so will report back when I see what effect it has.

any success with that Curcumin man?

rrhxiv 12-10-2010 08:49 PM

I just started taking 500 Mg of L Tyrosine from Source naturals 3 days ago..it has made an amazing difference...lifts my depression and more than helps the social anxiety..I might have found the key to freedom...I think I can be a little better though so Im gonna try something else along with it to even out a bit..I had also tried theanine serene but it didnt really do much for me

rrhxiv 12-26-2010 02:09 PM

ok...the L tyrosine seems to have tapered off after a few days...it still works for depression and Im thankful for that but its effects on SA have been marginalized..it was great the first couple of days though. I tried increasing dosage but it only made me tired and sleepy

Cpt neurotic 01-05-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrhxiv (Post 1702448)
ok...the L tyrosine seems to have tapered off after a few days...it still works for depression and Im thankful for that but its effects on SA have been marginalized..it was great the first couple of days though. I tried increasing dosage but it only made me tired and sleepy

Unfortunately you can develop a tolerance to L-tyrosine.I just saw a study on Pubmed saying it was ineffective with adhd because all the subjects got tolerance after 2 weeks.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3300376
It really sucks when you think you've found something that finally works,then it fails.Been there many times.
There is another form of L-tyrosine out now(l-acetyl-tyrosine or something like that)that is suppose to be absorbed more efficiently, but tolerance may once again become a factor.
I found that L-tyrosine can be really effective when coming down from Adderall xr.(An amphetamine for adhd) It seems to really help with the depressive "blah"type of feeling that accompanies the comedown.Unfortunately I became tolerant to it (as well as the adderall!)sucks.

jim_morrison 01-06-2011 02:03 AM

I took 3 grams per day for a few weeks, I did not personally notice any subjective differences in my mood or anxiety.

rrhxiv 01-07-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt neurotic (Post 1719585)
Unfortunately you can develop a tolerance to L-tyrosine.I just saw a study on Pubmed saying it was ineffective with adhd because all the subjects got tolerance after 2 weeks.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3300376
It really sucks when you think you've found something that finally works,then it fails.Been there many times.
There is another form of L-tyrosine out now(l-acetyl-tyrosine or something like that)that is suppose to be absorbed more efficiently, but tolerance may once again become a factor.
I found that L-tyrosine can be really effective when coming down from Adderall xr.(An amphetamine for adhd) It seems to really help with the depressive "blah"type of feeling that accompanies the comedown.Unfortunately I became tolerant to it (as well as the adderall!)sucks.

yea it just becomes frustrating knowing that youve tasted freedom and it does not last...Ive rotated through so many supplements and its amazing; all the ones that promise anxiety relief always make me sleepy and only L Tyrosine brought me in the direction I wanted. I thougth I would try DLPA but it doesnt seem to do much..I tried Mucuna pruriens and that doesnt do much either..but Ill keep trying and praying for answers.

josie8888 11-26-2011 03:15 PM

I take l-tyrosine and b vitams complex!! And an extra separate b1 thiamin as all the b vitamins are excellent at calming the nerves... Which is the main symptom of social anxiety... I also take cod liver oil for the brain.. Feel alot better!!! Vitamins are the key!! X

david0666 11-26-2011 10:46 PM

the so-called tolerance happens for a reason. It's not so much that your body becomes conditioned and unresponsive. It's that your body uses up co-factors when one supplement is taken in large quantities. Co-factors = vitamins and minerals, and trace minerals! and essential fatty acids. And water! add exercise and good circulation and sufficient rest, and go completely off L-tyrosine for one weekend per month, and I think you'll see much less "tolerance". The body does not technically become tolerant to amino acids, which is what L-tyrosine is. There may be some truth to taking L-tryptophan together with it though and competition for the blood brain barrier. These should be taken separately in capsule form. But I take 5-HTP Time-Release (Natrol, GNC). It works great for me. It releases slowly over time and converts to serotonin. Then I take Norival (N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine W/Biopterin, Cardiovascular Research Ltd., Vitamin Shoppe) and it is 20 time more bioavailable than regular capsule form L-tyrosine.

adillonm15 11-28-2011 03:33 PM

4 caps of l-tyrosine whenever I feel groggy, and I just feel more awake and alert for a few hours. Will have to redose after that. Very useful stuff to have around, no negative side effects which is why I prefer it to caffeine.

latunya 11-30-2011 12:39 PM

Im debating if I should take l-tyrosine or n-acetyl-l-tyrosine. Which is more effective?

cured1 12-08-2011 01:44 PM

This actually made my SA WORSE like maybe 10-20%. I think it's because it acts as more of a stimulant the way it affects dopamine and any sort of stimulant is bad news for me. I had a much better reaction to L-Theanine.

However for someone depressed this might just be quite helpful.

MastaMel 03-18-2012 03:54 PM

Never taken it, but just a "fun fact". Jim Carrey took Prozac for years and said he discontinued use and started using L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP and has been on them every since. He said they work wonderfully.

coffeeaddict 03-18-2012 08:46 PM

I liked phenylalanine more. I just felt tightness in chest from l-tyrosine. Sometimes it can give energy boost so not awful supplement if you feel tired.

Joerpg 03-19-2012 06:17 AM

Stopped using this when I heard it can increase risk of malignant skin cancer!

Benofbens 04-30-2012 01:57 PM

Tyrosine is a major component the body utilizes in making thyroid hormone. If hypothyroidism is a concern, stick with it for at least 2 months. If hyperthyroidism is a concern, avoid it, you risk reactions similar to strong stimulants.

hoddesdon 04-30-2012 05:27 PM

Tyrosine must be taken on an empty stomach.

LifeinAShell 04-30-2012 08:25 PM

i like these natural remedies they seem to work the best for me when it comes to SA

Sleekman 05-01-2012 03:37 AM

Tyrosine had next to no effect for me. If anything it actually made me a bit more jittery.

gregd666 06-03-2012 06:57 AM

Tyrosine+5HTP

Tyrosine MUST be taken with 5HTP (or tryptophan ). When you raise one neurotransmitter pre-cursor you lower the other. Tyrosine also does not produce a tolerance. You need to start taking methylation co-factors to keep it working. Cystiene being the best. You don't need to take 5htp or tyrosine apart, or on an empty stomach or with a carbohydrate. Little was understood about amino acids but now it is being discovered that there is a lot of myth surrounding their use.

Google Dr. Dan Kalish- Brain drain, which is a very good podcast.

Read www.naturerulesok.com

iamwhoiam 06-14-2012 09:03 AM

Tyrosine and Vitamin C

Anyone else try taking Tyrosine at the same time as Vitamin C?
I was researching Vit C and came across this:

Quote:

Ascorbic acid performs numerous physiological functions in the human body. These functions include the synthesis of collagen, carnitine, and neurotransmitters; the synthesis and catabolism of tyrosine....
and
Quote:

Vitamin C acts as an electron donor for eight different enzymes......one modulates tyrosine metabolism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_C

I took 500mg tyrosine this morning along with 500mg Vit C and it produced a feeling similar to about 10mg dexedrine (which I have a prescription for due to having a bit of narcolepsy)

SomniferumPapi 12-04-2012 10:27 AM

Love this, and perfectly content with it if I cant get DLPA. DLPA is better though because it converts to tyrosine along with its other mechanism.

SomniferumPapi 12-04-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregd666 (Post 1060004262)
Tyrosine MUST be taken with 5HTP (or tryptophan ). When you raise one neurotransmitter pre-cursor you lower the other. Tyrosine also does not produce a tolerance. You need to start taking methylation co-factors to keep it working. Cystiene being the best. You don't need to take 5htp or tyrosine apart, or on an empty stomach or with a carbohydrate. Little was understood about amino acids but now it is being discovered that there is a lot of myth surrounding their use.

Google Dr. Dan Kalish- Brain drain, which is a very good podcast.

Read www.naturerulesok.com

I havent looked that up yet but its not NEEDED to take 5htp with it...Plus if i took tyrosine with food I wouldnt even feel it.

TO EVERYONE TAKING TYROSINE: take it on an empty stomach atleast 30-min to an hour before eating. And take some b vitamins with it. Im prettty sure Vitamin C is good to take with it also but its worked without it.

If you dont like stimulants, you wont like tyrosine. I had anxiety physically but tyrosine didnt make me more anxious because i was happy, content and stimulated enough to focus on the positive.

jonny neurotic 12-04-2012 11:49 AM

Tyrosine doesn't do sh*t. You're not going to start releasing more dopamine by taking tyrosine. It wont happen, get over it...

jonny neurotic 12-04-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt neurotic (Post 1719585)

This was not a double blind placebo controled trial. The results are meaningless. Some of the people claim their ADHD got better then they realised it hadn't. That sounds more plausible to me. How come there is not reported tolerance to amphetamine or methylphenidate in ADHD treatment? Because the D4 reseptor does not downregulate. End of discussion...

SomniferumPapi 12-04-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny neurotic (Post 1060589151)
Tyrosine doesn't do sh*t. You're not going to start releasing more dopamine by taking tyrosine. It wont happen, get over it...

No one needs to hear your negativity. "get over it" i think you should get over it. It works for some and doesnt for others and that can be for many reasons. Yes, even having a bad outlook like you do.

SomniferumPapi 12-04-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny neurotic (Post 1060589164)
This was not a double blind placebo controled trial. The results are meaningless. Some of the people claim their ADHD got better then they realised it hadn't. That sounds more plausible to me. How come there is not reported tolerance to amphetamine or methylphenidate in ADHD treatment? Because the D4 reseptor does not downregulate. End of discussion...

No tolerance? please post your source sir. And then hope I dont reply in a pessimistic way and write "those studies mean nothing" LOL man get over it.
You can hit me up anytime if somethings bothering you :). PEACE

jonny neurotic 12-05-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomniferumPapi (Post 1060589471)
No one needs to hear your negativity. "get over it" i think you should get over it. It works for some and doesnt for others and that can be for many reasons. Yes, even having a bad outlook like you do.

Empirical data or GTFO. What is so bad about my outlook? I like to see evidence and the evidence for this is non-existent. So please, take your protestations elsewhere...

jonny neurotic 12-05-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomniferumPapi (Post 1060589475)
No tolerance? please post your source sir. And then hope I dont reply in a pessimistic way and write "those studies mean nothing" LOL man get over it.
You can hit me up anytime if somethings bothering you :). PEACE

Go away. If you bothered to do even a preliminary amount of research you would see that the D4 receptor(the one that is implicated in ADHD) does not downregulate, ergo no tolerance...

Thank you. Goodbye...

SomniferumPapi 12-05-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny neurotic (Post 1060591842)
Go away. If you bothered to do even a preliminary amount of research you would see that the D4 receptor(the one that is implicated in ADHD) does not downregulate, ergo no tolerance...

Thank you. Goodbye...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny neurotic (Post 1060591839)
Empirical data or GTFO. What is so bad about my outlook? I like to see evidence and the evidence for this is non-existent. So please, take your protestations elsewhere...

look man, first of all, know that alot of "studies" are backed by money. Thats just one point I want to make and to not be so one-sided. "Empirical data or GTFO"? What the hell does that mean? Theres "evidence" that some SSRI's are relatively safe, yet the deaths behind them (even infant deaths) are covered up real good and doesnt hit the media. Try to research deeper into things with an open mind and look at both sides of it.

Im not saying your wrong, but you coming in here bashing a treatment isnt necessarily helping anyone. In fact its totally detrimental. What if someone read your post thinking that you seemed very knowledgeable and never tried it? What if it would of worked for them?

Point made.

jonny neurotic 12-05-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomniferumPapi (Post 1060592746)
look man, first of all, know that alot of "studies" are backed by money. Thats just one point I want to make and to not be so one-sided.

D4 receptors have been demonstrated to NOT downregulate in response to agonism. If you can demonstrate otherwise I'd love to read your paper when you publish it in a respected journal.

Quote:

"Empirical data or GTFO"? What the hell does that mean?
It means what it means. Without empirical data there really is no debate. People say homeopathy and dowsing works but where is the evidence?

Quote:

Theres "evidence" that some SSRI's are relatively safe, yet the deaths behind them (even infant deaths) are covered up real good and doesnt hit the media. Try to research deeper into things with an open mind and look at both sides of it.
I look at as many sides as I can. You are fudging the issue by going of on a tangent. Stick to the issue at hand.

Quote:

Im not saying your wrong, but you coming in here bashing a treatment isnt necessarily helping anyone. In fact its totally detrimental. What if someone read your post thinking that you seemed very knowledgeable and never tried it? What if it would of worked for them?
If tyrosine was an effective treatment for SA there would be more than just a couple of posts in favour of it. I would question everything about the cases where it "appears" to work. First of all what is the extent of these individuals' SA? How is it effecting there lives? How long have they suffered from SA. What kind of symptoms do they experience and how often? Is it possible that they suffer from schizotypal personality disorder(very important that one)? How long have they been using tyrosine and what improvements have they noted? How great a reduction in symptoms have they experienced? What kinds of things can they do now that they couldn't before? How reliable are the effects(there's no point in sayng that it worked last tuesday but things haven't quite been as good since)?

There are so many factors to take into account and no empirical data whatsoever. I am not mearly skeptical of this I am, frankly, annoyed by the existence of this thread. It is right up there with the "Stop masturbating" and the "you just need to accept it" threads...

SomniferumPapi 12-05-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny neurotic (Post 1060593178)
D4 receptors have been demonstrated to NOT downregulate in response to agonism. If you can demonstrate otherwise I'd love to read your paper when you publish it in a respected journal.

It means what it means. Without empirical data there really is no debate. People say homeopathy and dowsing works but where is the evidence?

I look at as many sides as I can. You are fudging the issue by going of on a tangent. Stick to the issue at hand.

If tyrosine was an effective treatment for SA there would be more than just a couple of posts in favour of it. I would question everything about the cases where it "appears" to work. First of all what is the extent of these individuals' SA? How is it effecting there lives? How long have they suffered from SA. What kind of symptoms do they experience and how often? Is it possible that they suffer from schizotypal personality disorder(very important that one)? How long have they been using tyrosine and what improvements have they noted? How great a reduction in symptoms have they experienced? What kinds of things can they do now that they couldn't before? How reliable are the effects(there's no point in sayng that it worked last tuesday but things haven't quite been as good since)?

There are so many factors to take into account and no empirical data whatsoever. I am not mearly skeptical of this I am, frankly, annoyed by the existence of this thread. It is right up there with the "Stop masturbating" and the "you just need to accept it" threads...

You must really piss people off for being so narrow-minded. I dont mean to judge, but maybe your only like this on the internet. My biggest problem is you trying to say "It doesnt work, close this thread down, its bull****". Get out of this thread then. And i knew you bashed the masturbation thread also. Wow. Did it tick an emotional response from you or what?

Look man, no one is forcing you to give your opinion on these threads. So if you got nothing to add, best stay out of it. Besides, the masturbation thread has helped some (even 1 person helped would be a positive outcome). Theres alot of negativity and pessimism on this forum, and your in that group of people Ive noticed.

Yes, I know everyone has a different degree and cause of their anxiety. Its pretty obvious. So right there you are contradicting yourself. Everyone has different degree and cause of SA, therefore everyone will be helped by different means. <---I'd be surprised if you tried to turn that around.

P.S. Are you cured of SA?

jonny neurotic 12-05-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomniferumPapi (Post 1060593226)
You must really piss people off for being so narrow-minded.

On what do you base your conclusion that I am narrow minded? Because I am wary of the placebo effect and peoples capacity for self deception? Because I like empirical data? Because I bother to actually research things and have a fair degree of certainty that homeostasis will prevent the upping of an amino acid from upping the levels of a corresponding neurotransmitter. Dopmamine is the precursor to noradrenaline. But elevated dopamine doesn't cause elevated noradrenaline because it just doesn't work like that.

Quote:

I dont mean to judge, but maybe your only like this on the internet.
lol. There are many people who would seek to disabuse you of that notion.

Quote:

My biggest problem is you trying to say "It doesnt work, close this thread down, its bull****". Get out of this thread then.
I didn't say the thread should be closed. I am not a fan of censorship.

Quote:

And i knew you bashed the masturbation thread also. Wow. Did it tick an emotional response from you or what?
Oh, very grown up of you.

Quote:

Look man, no one is forcing you to give your opinion on these threads.
I know. I'm giving my opinion for the sheer enjoyment of it. What's your excuse?

Quote:

So if you got nothing to add, best stay out of it. Besides, the masturbation thread has helped some (even 1 person helped would be a positive outcome). Theres alot of negativity and pessimism on this forum, and your in that group of people Ive noticed.
How many times does the placebo effect have to be mentioned?

Quote:

Yes, I know everyone has a different degree and cause of their anxiety. Its pretty obvious. So right there you are contradicting yourself. Everyone has different degree and cause of SA, therefore everyone will be helped by different means. <---I'd be surprised if you tried to turn that around.
So a few of the people on here were actually suffering from tyrosine deficiency? Who would have guessed it. Now for those of use with real mental health problems some real strategies are in order.

Quote:

P.S. Are you cured of SA?
Cured? Of the anxiety, yes. Of the basic cognitive deficit which begat the anxiety? No. And I don't think that will ever go away. The anxiety, in the grand scheme of it, was the easy part...

SomniferumPapi 12-05-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny neurotic (Post 1060593316)
On what do you base your conclusion that I am narrow minded? Because I am wary of the placebo effect and peoples capacity for self deception? Because I like empirical data? Because I bother to actually research things and have a fair degree of certainty that homeostasis will prevent the upping of an amino acid from upping the levels of a corresponding neurotransmitter. Dopmamine is the precursor to noradrenaline. But elevated dopamine doesn't cause elevated noradrenaline because it just doesn't work like that.

No, because you believe everything you read and people that talk about placebo aas much as you do seriously have a hard time not saying everything is a placebo. Answer this, why are you even researching what can be different for alot of people? That alone is what I call being narrow minded and not being able to accept any other outcome. Science has been wrong many times, and like i said, lots of studies are backed by the Pharma industry.

lol. There are many people who would seek to disabuse you of that notion.

Good, I never said I knew for sure.

I didn't say the thread should be closed. I am not a fan of censorship.

Do you think trying to debunk everything and not accepting other possibilities is that much better?

Oh, very grown up of you.

Serious question, dont avoid it.

I know. I'm giving my opinion for the sheer enjoyment of it. What's your excuse?

Go have fun somewhere else then, my excuse is to not let you make people believe everything is a placebo.

How many times does the placebo effect have to be mentioned?

Once.

So a few of the people on here were actually suffering from tyrosine deficiency? Who would have guessed it. Now for those of use with real mental health problems some real strategies are in order.

No one said anything of deficiency. You might be one of those people, so I advise you find your OWN remedies instead of attacking ones that didn't work for you.

Cured? Of the anxiety, yes. Of the basic cognitive deficit which begat the anxiety? No. And I don't think that will ever go away. The anxiety, in the grand scheme of it, was the easy part...

What cognitive deficit are you talking about if you dont mind me asking?

jonny neurotic 12-05-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomniferumPapi (Post 1060593462)
What cognitive deficit are you talking about if you dont mind me asking?

It's difficult to quote you when you put you responses into your quote of my post.

Cognitive deficits relating to social timing, aptness, etc. It is a common theme in many of the posts of this forum. I don't think everyone here has the same disorder but there are a few like me, who have similar experiences. Some people on here I think are just neurotic as hell. Others have some kind of weird personality disorders. But a few of us have Social Anxiety Disorder. My findings are that this has something to do with the orbital cortex and the glutamatergic system but I ma still refining my theory...

In response to some of the other stuff you wrote;

I don't know where you are coming from but how can I believe EVERYTHING yet disagree with what I have read here about tyrosine? To quote an old robot phrase, "DOES NOT COMPUTE!"

I don't try to debunk everything. Only that which I feel is bunk...

jonny neurotic 12-05-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomniferumPapi (Post 1060593226)
And i knew you bashed the masturbation thread also. Wow. Did it tick an emotional response from you or what?

The masturbation BS did piss me off and for this reason; I have suffered from SA for as long as I can remember and some religious nut-bags want to tell me that it is because I touch myself too much. And don't fool yourself, this is blatant right wing christian BS. I find these religious nuts are just far too interested in other peoples genitals. It's rather perverse, actually.

The website yourbrainonporndotcom is always mentioned and I checked out it's credentials. A whole bunch of articles on the mating habits of rats and some stuff about dopamine receptors but NOTHING of any consequence. Never mind that the real thing gets my dopamine levels going way more than some web based visual aid ever could(of course I am basing that on subjective experience and not an empirical measure of my dopamine transmission but you get the idea).

I bugs me because here we are; low down and strung out and someone wants to tell us its cos we w&nk too munch. F*(k off with that one, BIG TIME...