L-Theanine - Page 8 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #141 of 152 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 01:46 AM
SAS Member

Tried it yesterday before job interview, dunno placebo or not, but i was super confident and relaxed, yet was afraid a little but not to the point when usually im all trembling including my voice. Really really happy. Btw took 400 mg around an hour prior to interview.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:36 PM
SAS Member

Been using for about a month now. Makes me so relaxed and at ease in social situations. I feel more like myself and am able to actually socialize without constantly caring about what others think of me. I take 200mg suntheanine before leaving my house, but I don’t take it everyday though to avoid tolerance build up. Honestly this is changing my life and I’m so glad I found something that’s not medication to help me with SA
post #143 of 152 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 12:24 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by linagirl50 View Post
Been using for about a month now. Makes me so relaxed and at ease in social situations. I feel more like myself and am able to actually socialize without constantly caring about what others think of me. I take 200mg suntheanine before leaving my house, but I donít take it everyday though to avoid tolerance build up. Honestly this is changing my life and Iím so glad I found something thatís not medication to help me with SA

glad it worked for you!! I am looking into it..

post #144 of 152 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:52 AM
GrandCustodian of Synosis

Nonsense placebo, I've taken up to 2,000 mg, it's not an active compound.
post #145 of 152 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:54 AM

If you don't know something is placebo or not, it's a placebo. You will surely know when you have taken a psychoactive drug.
post #146 of 152 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 11:35 AM
SAS Member

I tried it at sky highs dosage and felt nothing. Waste of money.
post #147 of 152 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 06:46 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
Nonsense placebo, I've taken up to 2,000 mg, it's not an active compound.
2000mg at once??

the problem is the damn side effects the medications have or make you worse, or don't work at all, and you can't handle them. i'm not getting my hopes up for this but it was cheap a friend recommended it who has similar issues so I said OK.
post #148 of 152 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysmurf View Post
2000mg at once??

the problem is the damn side effects the medications have or make you worse, or don't work at all, and you can't handle them. i'm not getting my hopes up for this but it was cheap a friend recommended it who has similar issues so I said OK.
Yes,2000 not 200 and Moddis said the same thing above, sky high doses no effect

when you have part people saying theres no effect and part people saying it works, you have another case of a placebo, like the thousands of other placebos people give high reviews on, New Age Crystal Healing, Homeopthy, etc, this is no different

Stuff that works effects everyone, for example everone dies from cyanide, goes unconscious from anesthetics, gets different stimulant results from adderall, slightly different results from benzos, etc. Something that works effects everyone though it may not be the particular target they need, or may cause side effects in some that others dont get.

We live in a placebo world. Dont believe the excuse that "somethings work for some that dont work for others" thats a false statement in most cases, statements like that only apply to actually active drugs like adderall. opioids, etc, not to stuff like Theanine, Reiki and acupuncture. **** this planet and the placebo epidemic which causes a disinfomation effect that prevents the motive for REAL treatment to exist.,

This is the same horse**** that causes SSRIs to have a false success rate and be deemed marketable instead of someone getting anything they want that works. SSRIs get the same numbers and feel back as known and largely undisputed garbage, like New age energy healing spas and homeopathy tablets empty of any material but lactose and binder.

You could well-market virtually anything and the dissociative, suggestable population will have like half positive feedback giving it four or five stars. Its all very flaky. You could probably pull it off with the extract of horse ****
post #149 of 152 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 07:35 AM

Take Lemon Balm if you want to buy something in this category, it might increase GABA in your brain slightly through a mild inhibition of GABA metabolism by Rosmarinic Acid

a person can possibly get real results, albeit quite mild, by taking Magnesium and Lemon Balm together.
post #150 of 152 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 05:19 AM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
Yes,2000 not 200 and Moddis said the same thing above, sky high doses no effect

when you have part people saying theres no effect and part people saying it works, you have another case of a placebo, like the thousands of other placebos people give high reviews on, New Age Crystal Healing, Homeopthy, etc, this is no different

Stuff that works effects everyone, for example everone dies from cyanide, goes unconscious from anesthetics, gets different stimulant results from adderall, slightly different results from benzos, etc. Something that works effects everyone though it may not be the particular target they need, or may cause side effects in some that others dont get.
Ummm....I think you might be using somewhat faulty reasoning there. But I'm not here to argue.

L-theanine is not magic but it's not really placebo either. What L-theanine actually does is takes the edge off of caffeine. So if you buy a big bottle of L-theanine and take it that way, it's not going to do much. If you drink a few cups of high quality green tea you will notice that you have what feels like a caffeine buzz without being a nervous wreck like you would be if you drank coffee. This is because quality green tea has caffeine AND L-theanine and coffee doesn't.

That said, L-theanine does not cure SA (or anything else). It just gives you clarity and focus for a short period of time. Then it's time for another cup of tea.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #151 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
I've tried this on and off before and never really felt any different. So I'm not sure about it. Maybe it's working and I don't realise.

post #152 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 11:19 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Ummm....I think you might be using somewhat faulty reasoning there. But I'm not here to argue.

L-theanine is not magic but it's not really placebo either. What L-theanine actually does is takes the edge off of caffeine. So if you buy a big bottle of L-theanine and take it that way, it's not going to do much. If you drink a few cups of high quality green tea you will notice that you have what feels like a caffeine buzz without being a nervous wreck like you would be if you drank coffee. This is because quality green tea has caffeine AND L-theanine and coffee doesn't.

That said, L-theanine does not cure SA (or anything else). It just gives you clarity and focus for a short period of time. Then it's time for another cup of tea.
lol just go everywhere with a cup of tea
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page