L-Theanine - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 AM
SAS Member

L-Theanine is great for that jittery feeling you sometimes get after drinking too much coffee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 08:50 PM
SAS Member

l-theanine works for me. Found the 50gram powder from Liftmode is good quality. Take 750-1000mg on empty stomach first thing in the morning calm and alert all day.
post #63 of 152 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 AM
SAS Member

I bought some suntheanine a few months back. I took 1 x 150mg daily but I didn't feel any effects. I pretty much gave up on it, left it for a few months, then I decided to try 300mg. BAM! The effects were great. I felt relaxed and focussed.

post #64 of 152 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM
SAS Member

I prefer L-theanine over suntheanine

Ltheanine effects me better than Suntheanine.
post #65 of 152 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 PM
SAS Member

sounds interesting
post #66 of 152 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 PM
SAS Member

I like L-theanine for the fact that it always boosts my mood considerably but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect on my anxiety. I think it can definitely be a good tool on helping you think positive. I tried coupling it with 3 fish oil tabs and I felt zen as can be.
post #67 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 08:53 PM
SAS Member

L-Theanine Experience

Ive been experimenting with supplements in an attempt to find a more innocuous alternative to benzodiazapines and just recently ordered a 5g supply of Liftmode's L-Theanine through Amazon. Although it didn't do much in terms of mitigating my unusually high levels of anxiety, i am pleasantly surprised with the boost of "clean energy" (i.e no jitters, stomach cramps, etc) i get from only about a 200mg dose. If you need a little pick-me-up but can not tolerate caffeine i would definitely recommend l-theanine as an alternative.
post #68 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 03:12 PM
SAS Member

L-theanine (suntheanine) ha really helped me in certain situations like presentations, speaking to a lot of people at once....I really don't know what I would do without it...Although it doesn't work like magic all of the time....I would say 8/10 times it keeps e cool, calm and collected...
post #69 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Well, I just bought myself a bottle of Now Suntheanine 200mg. I took one yesterday and I just took one a half hour ago.

I got pretty calm right after I took it yesterday but somehow, it doesn't seem to be the same calm I get from tea. I'm starting to feel it a bit now so I would say it has a definite effect.

You might have to take a lot of it to get a really pronounced effect. Fortunately, many online articles claim it is very safe even in large doses.
post #70 of 152 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Live.Love.Fly

Let me tell you something.... L-Theanine on its own feels somewhat pleasant.... now combine it with Kratom (like I did half hour ago) and the feeling is even better! Haha, not trying to influence anyone here, bottom line is that L-Theanine is legit and works (even on its own) but I HIGHLY recommend 200mg to start, unless you weigh really small or somethin

~ Everything feels like touchdown on a rainy day ~

If you need a Kratom vendor, PM Me
post #71 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 03:10 PM
SAS Member

Liftmode's L-theanine

This may not work for everyone. I have had social anxiety for a long time and recently tried the L-theanine from Liftmode. I found that after mixing a scoop or two with water I was much calmer in social settings. I would definitely recommend trying this product from this manufacturer if you are constantly searching for supplements to cope with social anxiety.
post #72 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 03:15 PM
SAS Member

I ordered some on Amazon. I will see how it works for me. I also got some magnesium.

And I can't help but ask myself
how much
I've let the fear take the wheel and steer

~Incubus

post #73 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 PM
SAS Member

Doesn't this have extremely quick tolerance like other dopamine-increasing supps?
post #74 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 09:42 PM
SAS Member

Theanine is derived from tea leaves. Tea is native to eastern Asia and is a member of the Theaceae family. L-Theanine intake resulted in a reduction in the heart rate (HR) and salivary immunoglobulin A (s-IgA) responses to an acute stress task relative to the placebo control condition. Thus, it was suggested that the oral intake of L-Theanine could cause anti-stress effects via the inhibition of cortical neuron excitation. Theanine is sold in the United States as a dietary supplement and has been granted GRAS (generally recognized as safe) status by the Food and Drug Administration.
post #75 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 07:43 PM
SAS Member

I've taken doses up to 600mg of the Now brand and have not noticed any great effects. If there has been any they are incredibly subtle, more so than Valerian or Magnesium. So far a bit disappointed, but I may try a different brand sometime or take a much higher dose.

And I can't help but ask myself
how much
I've let the fear take the wheel and steer

~Incubus

post #76 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 08:20 PM
SAS Member

I started taking GNC L-Theanine 200mg and GNC Rhodiola 340mg, MegaRed Krill Omega-3 Oil, and so far it's great. After I run out I'll try buying some from Amazon "LIFTMODE" 50grams for the better price. My friends all these stuff help with the physical side of yourselves, but remember you still have a SPIRITUAL side, which needs LOVE, Guidance, wisdom, deliverance, healing and FAITH. I am very sensitive to energies, especially NEGATIVE DARK SPIRITUAL ENTITIES AROUND ME TRYING TO FILL MY GUTS WITH ANXIETY, WORRIES, DOUBTS, ect. WE HAVE TO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM THESE INFLUENCES. MANY GO THROUGH LIFE FIGHTING THEMSELVES, EMOTIONS, ect NOT KNOWING THERE IS A SPIRITUAL BATTLE GOING ON FOR THE HEARTS OF PEOPLE< LUST, VIOLENCE- MURDER, PRIDE, LIES, ABUSE , WORRY,ECT> THE WORD OF GOD SAYS A DOUBLE MINDED PERSON WON'T INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD. WHEN I GET DOUBLE MINDED, I am filled with anxiety so then I start doubting the WORD OF GOD, MY SELF, MY VALUE, ECT. SO FOR ME THESE MEDICINE HELP BUT I ALSO NEED THE WORD OF GOD BY MY SIDE (android app, IOS app BIBLE)< TO KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH< STEADFASTNESS< TO BE READY TO HELP THE NEEDY< THE POOR< THE LAME< THE SICK< THE WIDOW< ALL THOSE WHO ALSO WORRY THROUGH LIFE. Yaohoushua "aka" JESUS, is THE BREAD OF LIFE. Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

REMEMBER THE ENEMY, HE IS THE GREAT ACCUSER, blaming and picking our every SIN, and faults.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Deuteronomy 32:39 “‘See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand

ISAIAH 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.

JEREMIAH 17:14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.

PROVERBS 23:29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes?

2 Chronicles 7:14
- If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
post #77 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 08:23 PM
SAS Member

I tried it but it's like water to me, OK I'll concede maybe it did 1% improve SA, but compare that to a shot of vodka or a tab of Valium and it's a joke.

Why do people insist on following the 'right' path when things on the 'wrong' path can improve their lives tenfold? Yolo.

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

- Albert Einstein
post #78 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 06:27 AM
SAS Member

I tried this stuff out, it really calms you down to a really extreme level of well being and gives you a nice pleasant feeling around the body.. however in no way did I find that it reduces anxiety, but still if this stuff works for you, you will really feel extreme transquilty! I did notice it reduced some panic attacks around people.

I tried doses such as 600 MG, tried 50-100 MG as well, and in my opinion it works exactly the same as the higher doses, so no need to take high doses, it either works for you or it don't.. higher doses aren't going to make a difference, not with this one at least. you should give it out a try though, it's very cheap on ebay!
post #79 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 01:32 AM
SAS Member

L-Theanine

I've been searching for otc/natural/inexpensive solutions for anxiety. I went to liftmode to try phenibut, came across L-theanine and around 30+ positive reviews, so I added it to my cart. 5g for $10, why not give it a shot? The first time taken (200mg), nothing. Upped it to two scoops at night (400-500mg) and found that it helped ease my mind and relax my body to prepare for sleep. When I'm alone and ready for bed, it puts me at ease and helps me drift off. But in social situations, it wasn't as effective. It might be a piece of the puzzle, but for moments of high anxiety, it just won't cut it on its own. I'd liken it to an e-cigarette after a heavy meal.. it helps a lot, but still missing a couple pieces. Have not tried stacking it with anything else yet. Next up.. phenibut, kanna, kava, and opium(jk).
post #80 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 09:34 AM
SAS Member

Do you prefer L-Theanine over 5-htp? I've tried 5-htp quite a lot, but never L-Theanine (apart from the bit that are in my whey shakes).
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page