Kava Kava (Piper methysticum) - Page 6 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #101 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:15 AM
uk worrier

I tried pills kavalactone extract but the only thing that works properly for me is powderded root made into a drink the downside being it tastes nasty you need to put some cocoa powder or some other flavourings.You hear tales of people having amazing euphoric feelings or falling asleep.Everyone i know merely reports a calm alert feeling no matter the amount drunk.Full spectrum paste had a smaller but noticeable effect also.The only problem is price no UK company can sell it due to the health scares encouraged by the drug companies who are terrified of something so simple working.Its not illegal though but you have to import it and pay duty on it making it an expensive everyday remedy.For people in the US its definitley worth a try
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Winter Is Coming.

STOP BUYING KAVA IN PILL FORM PEOPLE!

Kava is a great and can be an extremely potent product, if you buy the correct ones! Do your research first on the Kava Lounge forum as mentioned before by multiple people.

My favorite Kava that is extremely potent would be Nakamal @ Home's Stone. Just mix 1 cup of this with 2 cups of warm water and let it soak for 30 minutes. After, put it in a blender for 1 minute and then sift it through a strainer a couple times, squeezing out all of the Kava juices. Drink half of it on an empty stomach and assess how you feel. If you think you can handle more, than keep drinking.
post #103 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Permanently Banned

What is the effect? Describe the experience, please.

post #104 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Permanently Banned

I once tried mixing in the contents of vegetable capsules into a glass of milk . .

Your tongue goes numb . . lol . Then you kinda feel sleepy and drowsy . It's helped with really horrible episodes of Existential anxiety I once had when I was 18 or so . . and reading too much about quantum physics and parallel universes
post #105 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Social experimenter

My Mood: Crappy
As somebody mentioned earlier, I've also experienced slight rashes during chronic use, from the root extract in particular. On top of that I wouldn't recommend chronic use because of the liver issues (but at least it doesn't kill brain cells like alcohol). Anyways I've found that the root extract has a more diverse and mellow effect. With pills I would have to take two and they would just create a very strong and specific feeling that I can see not helping a lot of people.
I can see how the right dosing could make you relaxed enough to concentrate (no distractions) and have good dialogue but it definitely can make you too spaced. And because it can make you sleepy, it does have a negative effect on the ability to work at times. Also it is DEFINITELY not a good idea if you are driving. Then again, it does only last 2 hours, even at high doses. So its probably best to have a little during those times when you just need to take the first step in doing something. As a mild drug it doesn't really have a comedown or withdrawal or any of the particularly bad effects of prescription strength stuff.
post #106 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 PM
SAS Member

Any Canadian alternatives? Apparently its banned here
post #107 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 08:32 AM
SAS Member

I love it - no side effects - don't expect a 'hit' on low doses it's mellow - great for sleep too - as with most supplements quality varies - check out http://www.konakavafarm.com/ - buy direct from a family owned company with a track record not a major high street retailer with profit as its priority.
post #108 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:04 AM
Social experimenter

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekai View Post
However, I suspect it to temporarily shrink your penis a little! Because after I ingested some kava extract (paste) I noticed my penis didn't hang as low as it usually does! So long story short, I stopped taking it.

I hope that last part wasn't too graphic or inappropriate, but that's what happened to me!
It saddens me that you've managed to fill this site with 260 comments like this or worse in just two months time... It's not that I wanna call you a troll or anything but you don't have a single fully serious post.
post #109 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 03:33 AM
Permanently Banned

Its banned in the UK but wondering if anyone has still managed to get hold of it from somewhere? Ive seen it listed on ebay. Not sure i could trust myself to ingest something that i dont really know where its came from though.. Knowing my luck id probably die or turn into a weed over night.
post #110 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 04:03 AM
GrandCustodian of Synosis

Kava has Reversible MAO-B inhibitors. the Kona Kava Farm is going to be a much better source than eBay. However i would say this is a useless supplement which is inactive (has no effect)
post #111 of 136 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 08:19 PM
SAS Member

I bought kava a couple years ago. Pill and liquid form. The first time I took it (can't remember if pill or liquid) I was alone but spontaneously started singing, dancing, total manic euphoria but still was thinking super clearly. I felt like I could have been an actor on Saturday night live with no anxiety.

But I never got the same effect again after several more attempts. It might have helped, but at this point I don't use it because I decided that I built up tolerance super fast. By the way, the next day I could hear my eyeballs moving. Yes, weird, but I looked it up and it's a side effect of certain SSRI medications. I'm sure it was the kava because I've never heard my eyeballs moving before or since. It was a swishing sound. Because of the price and the quick tolerance, I don't think kava is something you'd use regularly. Only for special occasions where you want to be on your game.

Read my blog at MindWhale.com
post #112 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 08:04 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamville View Post
Any Canadian alternatives? Apparently its banned here
my local health food store carries it in capsuleésupplement form
post #113 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 03:17 PM
SAS Member

Just had some kava stress relief tea... It put me into nap mode! I give it a thumbs up, and I'll try another cup
post #114 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 03:37 AM
SAS Member

post #115 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 10:56 AM
SAS Member

Took three teaspoons of this stuff over the course of 1 hour and was not impressed: https://hyperionherbs.com/shop/kava-extract-4-oz/
post #116 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 09:00 PM
SAS Member

Never tried kava but have tried kratom. best ethnobotanic Helps ALOT for anxiety but not socializing. makes me sound weak since it's an opiod receptor agonist thereby painkiller. the best for relaxation but I stopped because it got me hooked

staying legal, natural, and sober. curiosity can be deadly
post #117 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Student of life

Just bought the Koniak kava, which is supposed to be one of the most potent. Really strong according to a top independant kava blogger, and from what I've read so far.

Will update when I try.
post #118 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Student of life

Yes, it works. Felt numb in my mouth the minute I drank the kava. Felt really warm and comfortable, relaxed. Anxiety levels were reduced. Also, I got really sleepy and went to bed much earlier as a result.

I feel the effect the next-day too. I bit of a hangover feel. I would advice anyone, even people who have tried strong medication such as benzodiazepines, not to think that the strongest kava would be equal to the lightest med; that's not the case at all. Don't make the mistake of trying the strongest kava at first and thing that it won't compare to any strong med you've taken before.

I have ordered samples from 3 different regions of the planet, so I will continue to try which one works best for me.

Good luck!
post #119 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 AM
SAS Member

Kariroz, I have been taking Kava for several years to help get me get thru Weddings, Funerals, and Family gatherings. The Strain of Kava you mentioned has been proven to be what people call "Tudie" Kava. That means you will have a hangover the next day. I limit myself to Noble Kavas and I am especially fond of the Hawaiian Micronized Kava. The Micronized Hiwa is a sedating Kava and the Micronized Honokane Iki is a "heady/euphoric" Kava. The heady ones are better for daytime activities. The Micronized Kava is like instant Kava but way more potent and there is almost no taste. By the way folks, if you buy Noble Kava, you will have no Liver worries. Just don't combine drugs and/or alcohol with Kava. Those who say they don't get effects are experiencing what we call Reverse Tolerance. After a week or so you will crack the tolerance and feel whatever effects attributed to that particular strain. One thing for sure, I sleep like a baby no matter what strain I take.
post #120 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 PM
SAS Member

I want to try kava again as I have a whole bag of the ground root, but since reading the accounts of people needing liver transplants after using it I've been to scared to use it again.

And I can't help but ask myself
how much
I've let the fear take the wheel and steer

~Incubus

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page