DL-Phenylalanine (D, L and DL) - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorphin View Post
Good stuff especially if you workout that day. Some is converted to tyrosine and tyrosine by itself was good so its no wonder DLPA is good too
I agree completely with you endorphin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Reposed in awesomeness...

Got to lol at all the placebo cases here. Unless you are deficient or something I fail to see what effect phenylalanine is going to have(btw, I have actually tried it). Do you realise how much phenylalanine is in meat and fish?

The reason L-DOPA has an effect is because it is only one enzyme reaction away from dopamine and it is not something you will encounter much in your diet. There are just too many checks and balances for phenylalanine or tyrosine to have such a direct effect on dopamine...

I am currently reposed on a stratum of my own pure abstract awesomeness(cubed)...

Diphenidine and ethylphenidate FTW!

Social anxiety can bite my arse...
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny neurotic View Post
Got to lol at all the placebo cases here. Unless you are deficient or something I fail to see what effect phenylalanine is going to have(btw, I have actually tried it). Do you realise how much phenylalanine is in meat and fish?

The reason L-DOPA has an effect is because it is only one enzyme reaction away from dopamine and it is not something you will encounter much in your diet. There are just too many checks and balances for phenylalanine or tyrosine to have such a direct effect on dopamine...
LOL at your close-minded "everythings placebo because it doesnt help me" attitude. I've done my fair share of drugs and can tell what placebo is and isnt. If it doesnt work for you, then that sucks for you buddy. I think you do feel it but it doesnt "cure" you...And thats because nothing is supposed to cure you, you are supposed to use it as a tool.

By the way. other people might not eat fish and meat so throw that point out the window

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Reposed in awesomeness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniferumPapi View Post
LOL at your close-minded "everythings placebo because it doesnt help me" attitude. I've done my fair share of drugs and can tell what placebo is and isnt. If it doesnt work for you, then that sucks for you buddy. I think you do feel it but it doesnt "cure" you...And thats because nothing is supposed to cure you, you are supposed to use it as a tool.

By the way. other people might not eat fish and meat so throw that point out the window
Well soya protein for that matter. Protein deficiency aside, if all nutritional aspects have been dealt with and a person is still suffering then extra phenylalanine or tyrosine wont do jack. We should do a poll. The results would be interesting. I'll see you in the "Nutrition Supplements and Exercise" forum...

I am currently reposed on a stratum of my own pure abstract awesomeness(cubed)...

Diphenidine and ethylphenidate FTW!

Social anxiety can bite my arse...
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 02:26 AM
SAS Member

I'm a little freaked out about this. I took it a while ago, didn't notice anything but the thing about PKU I guess freaked me out. Maybe unnecessarily.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 10:21 AM
SAS Member

PKU? What do you mean by this?
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 12:23 PM
SAS Member

The few times I've taken L-Phenylalanine, I noticed a energy rush similar to caffeine but it only lasts for 30 min tops.

And I can't help but ask myself
how much
I've let the fear take the wheel and steer

~Incubus

post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 01:00 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmatt View Post
The few times I've taken L-Phenylalanine, I noticed a energy rush similar to caffeine but it only lasts for 30 min tops.
That makes sense since L-Phenylanine is a precursor to tyrosine and eventually turns into dopamine, norepinephine, and epinephrine. Caffeine also boosts dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine. The trouble with caffeine is that after boosting catecholamine levels (catecholamines = dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine) you'll eventually crash. And the bigger the high, the bigger the crash. And you might not even realize your neg feelings are the result of caffeine crash. But L-Phenylanine shouldn't cause a crash.

I'm surprised you got results from this stuff. Based on my experience and reading, I was under the impression that amino acids only help people who have a diet deficient in animal protein or are taking medications/stimulants that deplete them of certain amino acids.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 09:07 PM
SAS Member

Check out the following discussion: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/4...=1#post7057174
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 04:51 PM
SAS Member

l-phen is great. i got some on amazon a few weeks ago and have been cycling/experimenting with it. it definitely gives me a lot of energy (but has to be taken on an empty stomach i think) and reduces cravings for sugary foods. i'm pretty sure it stabilizes mood also, as it is reported to. it's hard to be sure though, since i started taking a lot of supplements around the same time.
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 04:59 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA232 View Post
Check out the following discussion: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/4...=1#post7057174
so the expert guy is saying it's bs, but only for 'malnourished' people
and they would be better off exercising, eating right, and getting sunshine.

first off - most people are malnourished in some way, i'm sure, since as far as i know there is no consensus on what a perfect diet consists of.
and of course exercise, etc. is good for you - but maybe people taking this drug are so messed up that they can't make themselves just suddenly start being perfectly healthy in their behaviors.
sorry, but this is silly to me.
i would rather read amazon reviews, where you will see that this supplement works greatly for many people, despite what the experts might think. i have taken enough drugs to know that i don't get a placebo effect. l-phen works very well for me.
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 12:06 PM
SAS Member

Offering free DLPA powder, you just have to pay the shipping.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 11:41 AM
SAS Member

DLPA exacerbates my anxiety. It gives me energy that has no particular place to go, and that cannot be channeled into a particular task.

All your fears are an illusion; they are immaterial; they do not exist.
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 11:56 AM
SAS Member

I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to add that DL-Phenylalanine and L-Phenylalanine make me very pro social. I have social anxiety so most of the times, I tend to avoid meeting people, having conversations, etc, but when I use DLPA, wow... I actually enjoy having conversations! I don't know if it's because of the endorphins, or because of the dopaminergic effect, but nothing helps me better than this.

I wish I could use it daily for the rest of my life, but I know this is not realistic. Tolerance and poop-out will definitely occur after weeks or months of daily use.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page