Chamomile - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Zil
I AM JUSTICE.

Doesn't anything that relaxes you somehow good against anxiety before social engagements or any other activity?

Sometimes I like drinking hot milk with a few cereals in a cup or just plain green tea does the job.

I live by the Knight's Code, so should you.

"A person's world is only as big as their heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 05:01 PM
SAS Member

I bought a sample pack of herbal tea today, there's some chamomile bags in there, we'll see how they do.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could handle going outside without panicking?
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 11:54 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Chamomile works pretty well.
I just bought my second box of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea. It has chamomile, spearmint, and lemongrass.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 12:54 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Dead
chamomile & honey <3

i know it hurts. that's life. if nothing else, it's life.
itís real, and sometimes it fooking hurts,
but it's sort of all we have.
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
SAS Member

*hurls*

Yeah, not happening. Don't like the taste of it (still finished it though, can't let it go to waste), and it did nothing to me. The apple cinnamon chamomile tea was amazing though.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could handle going outside without panicking?
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:22 AM
happy i dodged a bullet

My Mood: Cheerful
I remeber when I was really anxious (not from social anxietty but it steemed from the truoble I had at home, I worried about general things, became sort of a hypochondriac lol and had insomnia for a minute) my aunt introduced me to the tea when I was freaking out , she gave me a big cup... I forgot where we were going but in the car, I fell asleep ! lol and I wasn't tired either, my racing thoughts usually kept me up, but once I drank that tea, i relaxed and fell out XD .. so it defintely worked for me then.... I still buy chamomile from time to time bc I just love tea, but I haven't been drinking it as much, maybe i should start. Anywho, my aunt drinks the tea as well, I guess before social events.. and she said it calms her so maybe it works.
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by broseph View Post
Chamomile works surprisingly well I usually drink a cup at the end of the day to wind me down.
Frankly, I think almost anything you drink hot or warm that isn't coffee will relax you somewhat. I remember when I was a kid and we used to drink warm water pretending it was tea and I would get that same calm feeling (although very mild) that I get when I drink herbal tea. Technically, warm milk might do almost as well (though the effect will likely wear off as soon as your body temp goes back to normal).

I had some Celestial Seasonings chamomile tea but I drank the last of it a few days ago. They have a lot of different flavors. I didn't care much for the one I had. It was honey lemon or something. Their "sleepytime" tea is probably more effective but I've never tried it. Bengal Spice also gives me a nice calm.
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 01:22 AM
SAS Member

I tried Chamomile tea, and it doesn't do much for me. The first time I had it, I steeped it for like 10 minutes and I felt slightly drunk for 5 minutes or so...but it wore off very quickly. Now I feel very slightly relaxed, but again, it wears off after a few minutes. I still have it every once in a while, but I prefer other things that are stronger. I recommend letting the tea bag soak in the water for 5 minutes or more before drinking it.
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:10 AM
SAS Member

Just so you know it's not simply the fact that it is warm or that it is tea as studies have found that it is more effective than placebo for general anxiety and this was using chamomile extract capsules. Obviously it's not a cure but everything helps right? Plus it's a non-addictive, easily available anxiolytic
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:59 AM
INTJ

My Mood: Goofy
Valerian and chamomile are a great combo.

Treatments tried - Prozac, Wellbutrin, Adderrall XR, Effexor, lexapro, Cymbalta.

Current treatments - Green tea with Ginseng, Exercise, Chamomile tea, B Vitamins complex, yoga and meditation.
post #31 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 AM
SAS Member

Love, love it! You may also want to try Kava Kava and Valerian root tea. Has good calming effects too, but may not taste quite as good. Check out health food stores for blended calming teas. Natural is good.
post #32 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 AM
SAS Member

Thumbs up

Chamomile

Hello...I am new to this site, and this is my first time posting, but I wanted to share that I do use Chamomile but not it in tea form, although occasionally I will drink a cup before bed, but in capsule form, and I'll take it at night along with Calcium/Magnisium/Zinc or Born combination to help me sleep, and it does work to help me sleep but if I do not take enough I will not stay sleeping. I do take the Chamomile when I know I have to be around people I do not know, and it does calm me down, and although the anxiety is still there, it does help me from "getting weird" in social situations. It's worked more as just a calming type thing more than anything, and helps me stay more peaceful on the inside.
post #33 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Permanently Banned

made me buy some Chamomile, I ran out of it long ago and didn't even notice.

I haven't drank all that much, but I am testing it now again.
post #34 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Meek

I can literally feel camomile working - it's great stuff and has more of a pronounced affect on me than kava tea - but maybe I'm just super sensitive to it for some reason. Badia brand here do a camomile and anise tea which is really yummy and only a couple of dollars a box

Turning to poison while the bee-mouth sips...
post #35 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 06:37 PM
SAS Member

This stuff's surprisingly effective when stacked with other stuff. I'm taking it with niacinamide and valerian, and I can totally feel when it kicks in. I get it for 99 cents a box from Wal mart.
post #36 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Going to war

im gonna give this a shot this month and also gonna try valerian tea as well then post back with a review

~~I just wanna see the people I used to love and hug them all. Its the memories that heal you.

~~The best lesson learned in life are what is not taught they are learned.

~~We used to think the world was flat, Now we think its round, But are thinking is still flat, It needs to be round, So really are reality hasn't changed.

~~The difference between the known and the unknown, Is a half cup of fullness or, A empty cup of fullness, The difference in faith of believing and not believing,
post #37 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 PM
goldentony111

the tea is good too

http://goldentony111.deviantart.com/
post #38 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 04:03 PM
SAS Member

I've just started trying the Sleepytime chamomile tea. They have a vanilla version that is really nice if you like vanilla. I take a cup before bed.
post #39 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 PM
SAS Member

I love this colour of hair, maybe a little brown than red though
post #40 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:30 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by slushie87 View Post
Valerian and chamomile are a great combo.
Indeed. I think between chamomile tea and the valerian brand I usually take, I can get some significant soothing going on pretty much whenever I need it.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page