Caffeine - Page 6 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #101 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 05:10 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Caffeine is the only thing keeping me going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 PM
SAS Member

ive bin drinking 3 cups of green tea a day cant sleep but feel tired ganna go for a week on caffine see how it goes i love green tea and the caffine effect while its there but after a few days i cant even sleep and im tired as ****
post #103 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 AM
happy :)

Its a proven fact that caffeine causes anxiety in some people , i only drink decafe even still there is small amounts of caffeine in it, is great for sleepiness and fatigue but not much else, its not like it releases adrenalin anxiety does enough of that already

I know it seem hard sometimes but uhh
Remember one thing "Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that ,So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, Keep your head up, and handle it"

- Tupac Shakur -

post #104 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
Caffeine + anxiety = no bueno!

I was a heavy caffeine drinker for about 4 years until about 2 weeks ago. I would drink 3-7 cups of coffee a day....a whole pot on my days of....Java Monsters out of the vending machine at work. With my added stress, I ended up in the ER with heart palpitations. I've been terrified to pick up caffeine ever since. It's kind of weird, because I almost feel like I have more energy NOT drinking coffee all the time. I've been hooked on herbal Yogi teas. Makes me feel all good inside. Plus since I cut out all that ****ing cream and sugar, I've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks, effortless.... So I guess that's pretty cool too. I do miss a hot *** cup of hazelnut infested coffee in the morning, but damn do I feel so much more calm since giving the **** up.
post #105 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:26 PM
SAS Member

I have a strange relationship with caffeine. Sometimes I become extremely dependent on it, and sometimes I just stop it. When I start drinking coffee again I become extremely anxious to the point of crying (being depressed doesn't help either). So I mainly avoid it now.
post #106 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Go LA Angels!

I love me some caffeine. Seems that the extra jolt of energy from a 5 hr energy or a caffeine pill puts me in the outgoing mood and talking comes easier.

Feel free to message me I'm more than willing to talk to anyone
post #107 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 04:05 PM
SAS Member

i drink 2 to 2 1/2 to 3 cups a day and I feel fine. I cant have one more past that cause the outcome will be more anxious
post #108 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Kat

caffeine makes me way more talkative. like, to the point that i dont mind the excess anxiety and i will gladly pop extra anti anxiety meds just so that i can have my soda or tea. i know it's bad. and actually i felt some heart palpitations the other day after having taken double the amount of anxiety meds i am prescribed, which doesn't really make sense? but, yeah, i'd love to quit caffeine but i LOVE it. im such an addict:/ and i am in denial that it's bad for me. like, i tell myself "my parents drink coffee so its okay if i do" well my parents dont get panic attacks at work and have to go on a break to calm down.

jdbdkjDBJKdkkfksfnsknfdkl

what is life
post #109 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 PM
SAS Member

I don't really notice caffienie affecting my anxiety one way or the other. So I will keep having my one coffee most days and some diet coke, thanks.

I like the word "indolence." It makes my laziness seem classy. ~Bern Williams

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard
post #110 of 265 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Akward

Was told to cut out coffee but makes me N a hole and I never wake up. Klonopins are what I'm on with lamictal.. klonopins make me tired early on though so cut the coffee 8 hrs before bed.... Less anxiety stay awake and not as bad insomnia at night .
post #111 of 265 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 05:12 AM
SAS Member

Language: English, Korean, something else soon
I've had problems being motivated to look for a job for a few months (well really almost a year now for different reasons). For the last year I get that feeling like butterflies, or like a sinking stomach in my stomach, often for no reason, but when I think about things I need to do that I'm scared to do it gets really severe so I feel like I have to avoid it.

So I've been sort of avoiding drinking lots of caffeine this year because of the fear it will it make it worse, but as soon as I started drinking coffee that feeling just goes away completely, and I feel like I can think about things rationally without getting hurt and upset about them. I guess it helps me not worry what people think so much. I don't know much about placebo affects but it's not a subtle difference in how I feel, it's helping immensely...for a while I was trying a lot of anti-anxiety supplements (chamomile, etc.) thinking they would help and they really don't...for me anyway.

Another thing I've considered is if there's something in caffeine psychoactive that helps besides the caffeine because drinking cold caffeinated drinks doesn't help as much, even drinking MtDew all day, which would have a lot more caffeine than just one cup of coffee. Hot green tea doesn't do anything for me either, I think it might make me feel slightly worse sometimes so I don't know if it's just the fact that I'm drinking something hot either.
post #112 of 265 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
SAS Member

Too much caffeine definitely affects me in a negative way.....makes me all jittery and anxious. I'm not sure whether they are actual effects of the caffeine though, or just a placebo :/

Either way it makes me feel weird :$
post #113 of 265 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeARTcldsveaWRETCHlkeme View Post
caffeine makes me way more talkative. like, to the point that i dont mind the excess anxiety and i will gladly pop extra anti anxiety meds just so that i can have my soda or tea. i know it's bad. and actually i felt some heart palpitations the other day after having taken double the amount of anxiety meds i am prescribed, which doesn't really make sense? but, yeah, i'd love to quit caffeine but i LOVE it. im such an addict:/ and i am in denial that it's bad for me. like, i tell myself "my parents drink coffee so its okay if i do" well my parents dont get panic attacks at work and have to go on a break to calm down.

jdbdkjDBJKdkkfksfnsknfdkl

what is life
Ive switched most of my soda intake whatever is now its not a great amount but I drink mexican Coke now. It doesnt have high fructose corn syrup in it si I drink those and it goes down better. You Dont need that medication honey. you really dont. All its doing is covering thigns up and the same sh*t happens all over again. Try St Johns Wort or Passion flower and Valerian root. Please dont over medicate its really no good
post #114 of 265 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Looking for an argument

My Mood: Breezy
I've stopped drinking coffee i feel a lot calmer without it, i still have anxiety that i struggle with obviously, but i'm def better off without it. I do miss my morning cuppa though especially in winter but the payoff of feeling calmer when i'm at work make the abstinence worth it.

Bad luck for the young poet would be a rich father, an early marriage, an early success or the ability to do anything well - Charles Bukowski
post #115 of 265 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 12:09 AM
SAS Member

I didn't quit caffeine but I cut back huge on it and feel better. There are still days when I overdo it, and my job makes me feel like I need it so it's hard to stay on my limit, but I keep trying.
post #116 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 02:57 PM
SAS Member

I would consider caffeine a drug you have to stay away from if you have anxiety problems whenever i have coffee i have a fountain underneath my arm pits
post #117 of 265 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 02:44 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
I try to drink caffeine only 2 or 3 times per week.It seems that if i drink everyday there is a tolerance built up quickly.I don't have to drink too much to feel the effects.Even half teaspoon of instant coffee is enough,but i prefer to drink all of the coffee because i love the taste.

As far as the effects it has on me,generally it makes me talk more,extroverted and most of the times more happy.I believe it has to do with the mood you are already in before drinking it.If i am in good or neutral mood it makes my day.If i am mad about something it gets me insane.I avoid drinking coffee when driving for example,because i am dangerous in street.

I believe up to one cup of instant coffee per day is good for me.If i drink more i may be anxious.I wish i would not have the classic crash after 4-5 hours of consuming it though...I have read that Guarana doesn't have this bad reaction.Is it true?
post #118 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 12:25 AM
SAS Member

Caffeine does nothing to me. In the past, with a zero tolerance (ie not drinking caffeine much at all) I experimented with 10 teaspoons of nescafe in one cup of water during the day and just before bed. No effect whatsoever, no increased pulse, no increased blood pressure, no jitteriness etc etc.

Very very strange.
post #119 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Knight of My Own Republic

I like coffee but I limit myself to 2-3 cups a day. I've slowly been trying to cut back and drink more tea though. Tea is full of antioxidents from what I've read.

Ad astra per aspera
post #120 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 AM
It will be sunny one day

Caffeine does make anxiety worse.
I've noticed that If I drink caffeine in the morning, the rest of the day my heart will be beating faster than usual.

Caffeine doesn't help my anxiety at all.

All it takes is to try Anything and everything is possible, you have to believe that.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page