Caffeine - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetMeForever View Post
I can't take much caffeine, but I find that with the other supplements I'm taking (St John's Wort, 5-HTP, magnesium and B6), a bit of caffeine seems to give me a bit more energy to get over my depression and associated irritability. It definitely doesn't help with the social anxiety though.

I can't have any after a certain time of day unless I want to have insomnia that night. Same with sugar.
Magnesium is awesome. Lol never thought it'd be so helpful with sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnNBoys View Post
I've been trying to give up soda for the last couple of years. Not because of caffeine, but to reduce the sugar in my diet. I finally found a way to drink coffee--lattes! I hated coffee for much of my life, but tried a latte and iced lattes, and now drink those. I'm not sure if it's much better than the soda, but I hope so.

I could never drink diet soda because aspartame and artificial sweeteners give me headaches.
My trick is to get a small of bottle of flavorless carbonated water when I feel like a soda. You get that carbonated water rush without the extra bad stuff. Lattes aren't too bad if you don't use flavor shots, and you don't drink too many in a day. As fattening as a cup of milk. I usually sweeten it with some cinamon or cocoa powder. A little sweet but not as much as a full flavor shot. You gotta watch out for frappes and anything that tastes sweet or has cream.

Gazziza, My Dilsnuphus!
post #43 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 PM
SAS Member

Without coffee, my head implodes. I work 20 hrs a week and go to grad school. Where would I be without it?

Gazziza, My Dilsnuphus!

post #44 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM
SAS Member

Caffeine is one hell of a drug

Destroying SA and becoming my old cheerful, charming, slighly badass and confident self is my fulltime job.

War is declared on SA.
post #45 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusjmamire View Post
Caffeine is one hell of a drug
I think this is a wrong thread.

Gazziza, My Dilsnuphus!
post #46 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 11:33 PM
SAS Member

Caffeine seems to calm me down, I think some of my anxiety stems from problems with poor concentration and fatigue so I guess that's why it helps.
post #47 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 08:11 PM
RON PAUL 2012

If I have any caffeine I get very, very anxious.. and have no control whatsoever over my racing thoughts.. get very sweaty and even when I'm alone I get into a mid panic state. not for me
post #48 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 04:00 AM
SAS Member

caffiene so baddd!! I haven't had caffiene for months but I decided to eat some cocoa today, almost had a panic attack! Feel so anxious. Aaah
post #49 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 05:48 AM
SAS Member

post #50 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 10:19 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertad View Post
If I have any caffeine I get very, very anxious.. and have no control whatsoever over my racing thoughts.. get very sweaty and even when I'm alone I get into a mid panic state. not for me
Yeah, same deal with me as well. Odd thing is that a few years ago, I was able to drink like 5 cups of coffee a day and had no ill effects. My body chemistry must had shifted considerably; because now, even drinking a coke will bring on all sorts of anxiety symptoms.
post #51 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Permanently Banned

Can't really have caffein even though it does wonders for me mentally. Physically, I get horrible aches, migraines, and feel as though I'm about to seize up and die.
post #52 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Going to war

Caffeine bad for the blood pressure and has a long half-life every 6 hr's it break down too half of what you ingested,i find i get really depressed after drinking caffeine and angry it from plants that use it as insecticides too kill insects also bad for the skin cause it dehydration.
post #53 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 AM
SAS Member

Coffee affects me way more than tea. I get super hyper and work really fast and seem to have less anxiety, but it can send me into a panic attack from being so hyper-charged. I was told to cut it down and I did. Then after this recent attack, docs said to cut the caffeine out, but now I'm facing worse social anxiety to the point where I feel like "iIm faking it" all day and I fear someone noticing my symptoms.
post #54 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Potato

The first time I had a big dose of caffeine was in one of those 5 hour energy shots yeeears ago when I worked the graveyard shift. I took one at lunchtime (3am) and was flying for the rest of my shift! Starting taking it more often and got raises and awards like crazy. That was about 4-5 years ago and I'm still addicted. Now I take caffeine in pill form just to feel "normal". Which is min 800mg a day. I'll stop.. eventually. lol
post #55 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
The first time I had a big dose of caffeine was in one of those 5 hour energy shots yeeears ago when I worked the graveyard shift. I took one at lunchtime (3am) and was flying for the rest of my shift! Starting taking it more often and got raises and awards like crazy. That was about 4-5 years ago and I'm still addicted. Now I take caffeine in pill form just to feel "normal". Which is min 800mg a day. I'll stop.. eventually. lol
I think those are really bad for your heart. Its something about those pills I dont trust. And those stupid 5 hour energy shots are so damn expensive. I rather get a nice big Folger's jug from walmart for $10 that will last me 2 months.

"Im a cop you idiot!!!!"
post #56 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 05:31 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
I think you have a problem.. :P
post #57 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by john kimble View Post
I think those are really bad for your heart. Its something about those pills I dont trust. And those stupid 5 hour energy shots are so damn expensive. I rather get a nice big Folger's jug from walmart for $10 that will last me 2 months.
I agree I'd rather be into coffee, but I'm one of those people that hates the taste. My heart doesn't race when I take caffeine though. I'm so adjusted to it now. I don't twitch or shake or any of that. But yeah, it can be an expensive habit.. that is why I get bottles of the caffeine for 10 bucks.
post #58 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereohead View Post
I think you have a problem.. :P
Don't we all? :P
post #59 of 265 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
TMI
SAS Member

I know too much coffee is not good, but I can't stay away. I drink it whenever I'm bored. If I have too much, it feels like someone tap dancing in my brain. kinda fun to be jittery, so long as I don't have to deal with anyone.
post #60 of 265 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
SAS Member

When i was on Fluvoxamine coffee made me feel calm and confident. But this med make caffeine stronger or longer lasting.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page