Caffeine - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 10:01 PM
SAS Member

Caffeine is good until you get addicted... then if you miss your morning cup of coffee you end up paying for it later with massive headaches and a terrible mood. I've had this problem for about 5 years now. Ugh I'm more dependent on coffee than when I was on cigs (when I smoked).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 11:02 PM
SAS Member

Coke

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cheat View Post
You think so? God, let's hope...
Coke does sell natural sugar one but so hard to find. Try to buy the yellow cap ones around passover and stock up. Or get it at a coca cola store. Its called Mexican Coke and tastes so much better then the HFCS and aspartame and its actually better for you. Diet soda is a hoax, and makes you gain weight, HFCS does it in a different way.
post #23 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 06:45 AM
SAS Member

Hey, that's good. I favor coffee than other drinks.

post #24 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 AM
SAS Member

Drinking a cup of coffee while reading this yup that's some good caffeine lol
post #25 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Almighty

I can drink a cup of tea or a 16 ounce iced tea - that's about as much caffeine as I can tolerate. I drank 4 ounces of coffee once and I had nightmares. If I drink soda I make sure it is decaf. Too much makes me very jittery and anxious.

Kneel before me worms. I am God.
post #26 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 10:52 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCARS1979 View Post
Diet soda is a hoax, and makes you gain weight
That's a subjective statement. Consider this: what majority of people are drinking diet drinks? Overweight people, usually. Sometimes, subconsciously, drinking a zero calorie artificially-sweetened drink can give a sense of wanting to eat more due to consuming less calories through liquids. It really is a possibility.

As for diet soda causing weight gain? Hogwash. A caloric surplus will heed a gain in weight just as a caloric deficit (consistently, over time) will heed a loss of weight.

As for body composition and all things related, that can be debated, but I feel that this is not the appropriate time to do that. 90% of the nutritional information that's spewed all over the internet is nothing but mindless drivel created behind the motivation and incentive of the holy dollar: money. I'd rather take into account PubMed or peer reviewed science journals that weigh every thought. The diet soda craze and the saturated fat backlashes are two things that grind my gears.

"Diet soda is a hoax, and makes you gain weight" -- consider wording your posts differently. Look up 'post hoc ergo propter hoc'. Correlation does not always equal causation.

Hopefully my post didn't sound too vitriolic or worthy of being noted as attacking, as tone and a proper voice on the internet does not allow a person to write with their actual intentions when it's interpreted by the other person.
post #27 of 265 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 01:48 AM
SAS Member

Read about aspartame, its fake sugar, chemicals, maybe little bit is okay but in moderation. got this out of a "the cures they don't want you to know about", I didnt just make it up.
post #28 of 265 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 02:23 AM
SAS Member

"I do caffeine like Charlie Sheen does coke"
post #29 of 265 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Permanently Banned

I love COFFEE
post #30 of 265 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 PM
SAS Member

I'm addicted to caffine.
post #31 of 265 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 05:28 AM
SAS Member

energy drinks help me loosen up. things like soda.. meh not really lol.
post #32 of 265 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Dancing on my own

Can't do caffeine at all. Makes my heart race and sweat. Basically it gives me the feeling of an anxiety attack.

Anyone who can touch you can hurt you or heal you. Anyone who can reach you can love you or leave you...so be gentle
thisiscourtney.tumblr.com
post #33 of 265 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 10:53 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Caffeine is great for me, at least in combination with my meds. It really helps my mood a LOT. Unfortunately when it wears off I get really really tired and physically ill (nausea, etc). Until I can get a legit stimulant prescribed I'll just have to deal with the down side if I want to be able to function at all.

SAGITTARIUS♐️
INTJ-T - The Architect
INTP-T - The Logician

"May I remind you again, this is a dream, and in dreams you can do anything you darn please!"
~The Legion Of Doom (Dangerous Business Since 1979)

|Psych 101|
post #34 of 265 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Permanently Banned

Some Caffeine is wonderful....to much= insane anxiety.....
post #35 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 07:29 PM
SAS Member

yeah im a caffeine addict. I think its one remedy to combat sa that works fairly well.just make sure you don't go overboard .
post #36 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 08:01 PM
killer of conversations

I have to wean off the stuff again. Had a rough couple weeks and I would have been passing out at work otherwise. I cut it out of my diet for MONTHS because I have no business being around it.
post #37 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 PM
SAS Member

Yes, I am trying join the club. Mocha frappes are my new pleasure. It does not make me hyper but it makes balanced I would say......
post #38 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:27 PM
DK3
SAS Member

I've been blogging about caffeine lately on my blog thought I would share my experience..

Basically I have been drinking this VERY strong black tea (Clipper Everyday Organic - English Breakfast Blend) which makes coffee look tame. This stuff is so strong it makes me high almost and manic. I only have 1 cup a day, anymore than that and I get super anxious verging on panic attack and also can't sleep for 24 hours. I am very sensitive to substances though.

I been drinking this tea for years and look forward to the buzz it gives me in the morning. But I decided a week ago to knock it on the head as my SA has got much worse over the last year. I figured anything I can do to help reduce anxiety (and caffeine is known to make it worse).

Well the results astonished me. Once it was out of my system after a couple of days I felt so much calmer and more emotionally stable. My SA definitely reduced and I was less edgy around people.

Then this weekend I drank the tea again just to make sure. Sure enough, all the bad effects came back quickly and my anxiety got worse. I'm now drinking green tea (Twinnings Light Green) and quite enjoying it. Never used to like green tea but this is not bitter and is very refreshing. Good thing about green tea is that its rich in L-Theanine which is like a natural tranquilizer it calms the mind. Green tea has caffeine in still but much less than black tea, and there seems to be some synergy going on with the L-Theanine and caffeine I think as it doesn't have the physical stimulating affect of black tea, but yet it does make you more mentally alert. Winner!

Even the stars look brighter tonight, nothings impossible.
post #39 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Special Air Service

I think Caffeine in small doses is nice. Tea doesn't really give me any effect, just makes me feel relaxed and focused.

If I have coffee, I feel like I'm high for an hour. but it's great when you are so tired and need to be alert.

Coffee has to much of an impact on me, I am very sensitive to caffeine, only have one kidney, so shouldn't be having too much.
post #40 of 265 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:03 PM
...busy...

I can't take much caffeine, but I find that with the other supplements I'm taking (St John's Wort, 5-HTP, magnesium and B6), a bit of caffeine seems to give me a bit more energy to get over my depression and associated irritability. It definitely doesn't help with the social anxiety though.

I can't have any after a certain time of day unless I want to have insomnia that night. Same with sugar.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page