Stay away from the caffeine!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 265 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 09:35 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgetmylife View Post
Weird! Yes, caffeine/coffee can make anxiety worse, however, an average dose of caffeine (or a cup of coffee) seems to make me more social (perhaps by making me more anxious? haha idk it's weird, but it definitely works in some situations if not overdone!)
Same, mostly helps me tolerate being in busy/noisy/crowded places.
post #243 of 265 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 11:25 AM
SAS Member

Caffeine is evil to me yet I always come crawling back to it, lol! I somehow always forget how badly I react to it and decide to drink some type of caffeine product... but not long after consumption, I feel long lasting regret.

I take 108 mg of Concerta for treatment of ADHD and that in combination with caffeine.... Oh. My. Goodness... It is so terrible. No idea why I never learn. :/

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

post #244 of 265 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 10:59 AM
SAS Member

I crash horribly on caffeine, if I take large doses I will feel great for a few hours and then I'll get anxiety that makes me unable to do anything at all, anyone else get this?
post #245 of 265 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 11:14 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sneaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikn View Post
I crash horribly on caffeine, if I take large doses I will feel great for a few hours and then I'll get anxiety that makes me unable to do anything at all, anyone else get this?
I don't know that I "crash" but I can get very jittery sometimes, often a couple hours post intake. I think it's a mood thing, because it kinda... changes accordingly. I have a sensitive stomach though, and I'll get a similar sensation if I'm eating when full. Or, rather, it feels as if I'm full, when I really shouldn't be. I haven't had it checked out but I'm suspecting it might be psychosomatic (to an extent).

_〆(・ω・ )
post #246 of 265 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 02:04 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
If I'm feeling nervous and unable to concentrate caffeine calms me down. It stabilizes my mood and let's me pay attention to one thing at a time. Maybe I need some adhd medication....

My greatest point is my persistence.
post #247 of 265 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 08:46 PM
SAS Member

If I have more than one cup for three days then I don't react well. My heart beats so fast I don't feel well. I drink it occasionally once /twice a week just for the taste, it doesn't really give me an energy boost
post #248 of 265 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 04:42 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
test
post #249 of 265 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 10:29 AM
SAS Member

I love coffee and have had to load up on it at times because of school (helps with concentration), but I think the reason why I could tolerate so much caffeine was because of the meds I was on. Now that I am off the meds, I notice that even a cup of normal coffee gives me heart palpitations and exacerbates my anxiety, gives me stomach cramps, etc. I drink it sometimes but now I mostly drink tea (doesn't effect me too much) and decaf.
post #250 of 265 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 04:43 AM
#SaveTheOA

My Mood: Inspired
I'm so addicted with coffee, it's like an OCD. I think if I don't drink a cup before going out that I am going to have a bad day! Other than that I love coffee just because I am addicted to this arousing flavor of coffee, sugar, and milk, mmm so dreamy. I am so addicted to it that I even drink a cup of coffee before I go to sleep! It's like a tingling urge, just like that urge to masturbate! I enjoy starbucks frappuccino from time to time too.

The cons is that I get bad poopin' and gas and stomach upset, maybe I am lactose intolerant. There's also a pro, it helps me poop my daily poop easier.

🐞
"I live for the progress I've made."
🦋
post #251 of 265 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 07:18 AM
SAS Member

I have had a love/hate relationship like many other people as well (keeps me alert but also increases heart rate and for me at least can increase anxiety) however for health reasons my doctor took me off caffeine. I've been using Teecino bags which is herbal non-caffeine coffee. Doesn't give you the same jolt as regular coffee but they're relatively soothing and relaxing.

I was never the biggest coffee drinker anyway, but I do admit I miss Dunkin Donuts' coffee (I always hated Starbucks though).
post #252 of 265 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Making Progess

My Mood: Pensive
I've found caffeine to worsen my depression and anxiety. I've completely cut caffeine out of my life an I've found that it takes the edge off of my depression and my anxiety is lowered some.

51(fear) + 58(avoidance) = 109 on Leibowitz Social Anxiety Scale

Dx: Dysthymia, GAD, MDD, and SA
post #253 of 265 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Idontknoww

Caffeine gives me anxiety especially coffee and for some reason coffee makes me tired
post #254 of 265 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Caffeine totally helps me and always has. It kind of cuts both ways because it does increase my anxiety somewhat. The tradeoff is worth it though. I can be feeling like utter and complete crap and caffeine will pick me right up. I don't like coffee caffeine that much though. Sometimes it works OK if I don't overdo it (is a pleasant high) but I don't like the shaky thing AT ALL. Tea is a MUCH better vehicle for caffeine.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #255 of 265 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 09:34 PM

I've learned to respong to how I feel about caffeine from day to day, morning to evening. I agree with Dave, I like tea and I feel safe using it, I don't like coffee, regularly, as I don't feel safe using it. But I dream of a caffeine-free existence and I think it will happen if I want. I really like tea a lot and I feel sad at the thought of giving it up. So I figure I have to stop the circle and just keep living. I don't need much caffeine to feel the benefit and have less negative effects. That why tea is perfect. I have stronger teas and weaker teas and they're all good depending on the circumstances.

post #256 of 265 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 09:56 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheeky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyy View Post
Hi guys, once, few years ago, when I had no idea I have SA, I went to a doctor with my syndromes of SA because I was quite worried why my heart beats so fast sometimes, why I sweat and I'm nervous from time to time. I just thought it's some problems with high blood pressure especially because it was the most intensive while drinking a coffee.

She checked me out and said it can be some kind of mental disorder and drinking coffee makes things worse, because nervous system is more sensitive when drinking coffee or anything with caffeine.

She was right, if I'm not drinking more than one coffee/daily, or if I drink no coffee then I'm less nervous and less anxious in social situations. Do you experience it too?

Of course I drink it anyway as I need it to be "alive" and as I love the taste, but I was thinking that this information might be useful for some of you.
Nah, caffeine helps my social issues. after a couple hours if i crash i might get jittery but i just take a beta blocker and everythings fine.

"Ghosts don't scare me. Flesh and blood people do."- Ellen Hopkins
post #257 of 265 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 10:48 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
Actually the aspartame will kill you faster than the HFCS.
yeah i try , try to find it with cane sugar, like Mexican Coke and well its hard because Coke has become so greedy and wont give into paying sugar tariffs and risk their profits to make us happy , so i stick with Starbucks alot

the CARS, You dont know a band until you know the bass player
post #258 of 265 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 07:07 AM
SAS Member

I love my V Energy Drink and Dare Iced Coffee. Problem is, yes, they do make my anxiety alot worse. I just can't help it..they taste so good. I do try to avoid drinking them before I go to work because I tend to get anxiety when I know I have to leave for work soon.
post #259 of 265 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 11:23 AM
SAS Member

Language: Gibberish
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Caffeine totally helps me and always has. It kind of cuts both ways because it does increase my anxiety somewhat. The tradeoff is worth it though. I can be feeling like utter and complete crap and caffeine will pick me right up. I don't like coffee caffeine that much though. Sometimes it works OK if I don't overdo it (is a pleasant high) but I don't like the shaky thing AT ALL. Tea is a MUCH better vehicle for caffeine.
Agreed on everything you have said. Plus coffee makes me go to the restroom to ****, whereas green tea does not lol.

Bleh.
post #260 of 265 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 06:18 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Drunk
Some caffeine at the morning (or when I'm sleepy) raises my mood.
Too much caffeine makes me nervous.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page